• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
I'm always wondering if anybody will ever get to mention how tungsten on the skin causes massive irritation, but hey who am I to ask?

And you might have just changed my mind about the btf 519 🥰
Have you heard of anyone having skin irritation with a "tungsten heavy" watch specifically? I've heard tungsten carbide jewelry (primarily rings) can cause skin irritation if the tungsten carbide alloy contains a cobalt binder. Pure tungsten is hypoallergenic, just fyi. I've been considering a GF 116519 (tungsten heavy version), so I'm curious if skin irritation is a real issue.

Reactions: Storm.

Oascom

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
Custom dials maker from Europe
I tried to work with him on a project for my customers. We were to make some custom Daytona dials. Appears he only outsource the dials from China and don't do them. Project failed because he couldn't do a simple thing and was pushing to send it to China instead. The dials are really nice but I don't think he makes them.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
I tried to work with him on a project for my customers. We were to make some custom Daytona dials. Appears he only outsource the dials from China and don't do them. Project failed because he couldn't do a simple thing and was pushing to send it to China instead. The dials are really nice but I don't think he makes them.
The quality is top notch anyway.

Also. My German Adidas shoes are made in Bangladesh. Lol.

Reactions: Messi

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
From what I have encountered with him, he never said he makes them in Spain.
He and his team design them in Spain but they are made in China.

That's what I was told by him, I don't know how or why any of you think otherwise.

And to adidas. There was a huge scandal because they had a few sneakers going for a higher price titled "made in Germany" and labeled accordingly, turned out they were made in Vietnam.

I guess we are dealing with Adidas then! Scandal 2.0!

Last edited:

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Alright.

I didn't experience that. That's your experience, I have mine.

I'll keep doing business with him. You are free not to.
That’s the beauty of this lovely community. We can do as we please.

Ultimately there’s nothing wrong with buying dials in China and selling them in the EU, just good to know as much information as possible.

Tommygunzzzz

Sorry who are?
Supporter
Certified
16/12/21
Australia
H86Lj5.jpeg

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Trying to figure out what to do with this green goblin.