• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
@mysterio it is really good that you panerastees (including ALE) are commenting on this thread! That legitimizes the thread!!

To business, 569 is not a super rep in ALEs list. It was classified as "close" to super rep. From what I checked last. I have it. With profound but unfounded opinion, I too declare it as not super rep. Perhaps you guys can elaborate why? And remove from this list :p)

Unless ALL samples of a certain watch had it, you could not use noise to disqualify. It could just be a problem with your watch. As far as your what-if scenario goes, it's pretty unlikely (3 people who assumed your 15400 was real, so most likely well to do people, blindfolded in a well sound-insulated car). Well, unless you were a kidnapper at which point whether your watch was noisy or not would be the least of their concerns. :lmao:

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Crap yes I meant JF not noob! I gotta think before I type, sorry for the confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how big is the BP bezel insert ? You mean the numbers and 'notches' are larger than with gen?

I felt the JF bezel insert the notches and numbers are too rounded and 'soft' - theyre not cut very sharp like on gen. I feel this is a very obvious tell.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
@mysterio it is really good that you panerastees (including ALE) are commenting on this thread! That legitimizes the thread!!

To business, 569 is not a super rep in ALEs list. It was classified as "close" to super rep. From what I checked last. I have it. With profound but unfounded opinion, I too declare it as not super rep. Perhaps you guys can elaborate why? And remove from this list :p)

Well Paneristi if you must use the term (Panerista in singular I heard :lol: ). I reviewed the PAM569 and I suggested it be classified as a super rep to which ALE7575 had agreed as well. If anything, I remember there were some improvements made to the case set although the exact thread escapes me at the moment. But that would only solidify the super rep classification, IMHO.

diegoooo

Known Member
28/6/17
This is the bestest list ever. I've bought a few listed here anew been really happy. Not too May chronos here though.
Now I'm looking for a really good reliable and accurate chrono that I can use for timing in the airplane and also at my kids swim and tracks events. Is it too much to hope for, to find a super rep quality chrono that looks great but works too? Any advice is awesome thanks, and please excuse my ignorance on this issue!

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
@timnic54 @Omagad, wouldnt we want to consider audio effects while considering status of reps (out of the box) as NWBIG or superReps?

Today I got back into my car after a short visit to a store. After I pushed the ignition on, I was still hearing a scratching/rattling noise for a few seconds. Concerned, I started thinking, hearing, looking around and then realized it was the stupid miyota movement in the 15400! If there were 3 more passengers in that well sound insulated car, and all had assumed that the 15400 was real, blindfolded, they would have spotted a tell.

All movements without bi-directional winding will be intrinsically noisier than those with. The free spinning rotor in the one direction will likely generate more sound. However if the movement is well serviced and the rotor is not contacting anything, and if lubrication is correct, the increased sound certainly shouldn't be enough to cause a problem.
If three people in the car were hearing your rotor, then whatever the movement, it needs some attention.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
This is the bestest list ever. I've bought a few listed here anew been really happy. Not too May chronos here though.
Now I'm looking for a really good reliable and accurate chrono that I can use for timing in the airplane and also at my kids swim and tracks events. Is it too much to hope for, to find a super rep quality chrono that looks great but works too? Any advice is awesome thanks, and please excuse my ignorance on this issue!

Mechanical chronographs are inherently fragile when compared with quartz or digital. And when you include the asian vs Swiss quality and tolerance differences, I wouldn't be able to recommend any chrono for reliable usage. As a watch and occasional toy, any A7750 based watch that has the seconds @9 should be mostly reliable. You want to time something? Use a g-shock or any digital timer.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Mechanical chronographs are inherently fragile when compared with quartz or digital. And when you include the asian vs Swiss quality and tolerance differences, I wouldn't be able to recommend any chrono for reliable usage. As a watch and occasional toy, any A7750 based watch that has the seconds @9 should be mostly reliable. You want to time something? Use a g-shock or any digital timer.

ST 19 is solid as a rock

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
i had to educate a friend that the big seconds ticking on his alpha paul newman watch was the chronogaph running perpetually. its the exact same movement as my PN daytona rep, yet he paid much more :facepalm:

ahaddad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/16

What about non chrono watches that uses A7750
https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=15298

Is the movement reliable? I always read about the 2xxx and how reliable they are. But not a7750

Im no expert but would like to learn..

Sent from the RWI App

Tin

29/4/17
@Omagad

I was looking at some of the SevenFriday reps and I did some visual comparisons for the P1-1. Was watching a review by Hodinkee (links below) and compared it V6F picture on Watch Oulet's website and SWF on ChazingTime. I'd agree that the general sentiment that SevenFriday reps are all NWBIG and are of very high quality is true. But I'd like to point out that in the Hodinkee review, the dial inscriptions are silver coloured as compared to the black/grey coloured ones on the rep. If anyone is looking out for the inscriptions, it's all the words excluding SEVEN FRIDAY. It should be quite obvious that there is a big difference in colour between the Gen vs Rep. Not that it's a deal breaker but it's something to consider.

Also, the M series are not all Super Reps. The M2-2 for example, is very different when you compare the V6F rep to the gen. The bezel on the gen is glossy while the rep is matte. The rose gold colour on the rep is as usual quite different when compared to the gen.

I came across these when I was referring to this list while looking for a good SevenFriday rep to buy. I did find that the V6F V2-01, M1-1, M2-1 are definitely Super Reps NWBIG. But I wanted to highlight to you guys that maybe some refinement can be done for the P-series and M-series for the SevenFriday NWBIG Super Reps list.

Cheers,
Tin

Links:
P1-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyHXL4cvrts
http://watchoutlet01.com/sevenfrida...-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-82s7.html
http://chazingtime.co/product/seven...t-edition-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-82s7/

M2-2
https://www.sevenfriday.com/shop/en-us/watches/m2-2.html
http://watchoutlet01.com/watches/se...-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-miyota-8215.html

Tin

29/4/17
Another thing to note for the SevenFriday reps: I just made an order for the V6F V2-01. The price is about 25% of the gen. This price includes the V series box and additional shipping for the watch + box. Personally 25% is the limit for me to go when compared to the price of a gen.

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
Another thing to note for the SevenFriday reps: I just made an order for the V6F V2-01. The price is about 25% of the gen. This price includes the V series box and additional shipping for the watch + box. Personally 25% is the limit for me to go when compared to the price of a gen.
I'd only go to 10%, but I can understand 25% on the SevenFriday.

Tin

29/4/17
I'd only go to 10%, but I can understand 25% on the SevenFriday.

Yea I know what you mean. For the Seven Friday, without the box it's like 20% already. On the bright side you are getting the same movement as gen! :hehehe:

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
What are the major flaws on the seven Friday's? I feel like some of the rep colors are fantasy. Or am I wrong?

Tin

29/4/17
What are the major flaws on the seven Friday's? I feel like some of the rep colors are fantasy. Or am I wrong?

To be honest, no major flaws. I'm not too sure about those flashy colours but the standard reps are actually really spot on when you compare them to the pictures found on the official sevenfriday website and those review videos on YouTube.

I think I have to correct my earlier post about the P1-1. After viewing the video on PT, it seems that the issue is with the lighting. Under certain angles the inscriptions are just like the gen. My bad about the P1-1. It's definitely a Super Rep NWBIG.

https://puretime03.com/sevenfriday-...dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-82s7.html#

alphanomega

2/11/13
To be honest, no major flaws. I'm not too sure about those flashy colours but the standard reps are actually really spot on when you compare them to the pictures found on the official sevenfriday website and those review videos on YouTube.

I think I have to correct my earlier post about the P1-1. After viewing the video on PT, it seems that the issue is with the lighting. Under certain angles the inscriptions are just like the gen. My bad about the P1-1. It's definitely a Super Rep NWBIG.

https://puretime03.com/sevenfriday-...dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-82s7.html#

Unless they've changed the gen P1-1, I think the rep sub-dials may still be flawed. The gen sub-dials appear to have a grey/silver border (missing from the reps)

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Well Paneristi if you must use the term (Panerista in singular I heard :lol: ). I reviewed the PAM569 and I suggested it be classified as a super rep to which ALE7575 had agreed as well. If anything, I remember there were some improvements made to the case set although the exact thread escapes me at the moment. But that would only solidify the super rep classification, IMHO.

Ok, good enough for me!

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
All movements without bi-directional winding will be intrinsically noisier than those with. The free spinning rotor in the one direction will likely generate more sound. However if the movement is well serviced and the rotor is not contacting anything, and if lubrication is correct, the increased sound certainly shouldn't be enough to cause a problem.
If three people in the car were hearing your rotor, then whatever the movement, it needs some attention.

I will be sending it over for servicing as soon as I get back 2 others which are at the watchsmith. I like the 15400, it is thin and sits well on wrist.
Nobody was in the car with me, that was hypothetical. "If" there were 3 more, I am sure they would have heard that rotor.

nikits

10/1/16