• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
Just my observation, but isn't BP's bezel the closest to gen-like? I've always found one of the biggest visible flaws with JF's Yacht-Master is the insert doesnt look anything like gen, because the numbers and notches are not "crisp" or refined. The Noob bezel is better imo, but still not that close when you compare with gen.

BP's as far as I can tell seems to be the closest as the numbers and edges are all sharp and crisp... Wondering if anyone else has thoughts on this.. Pics below:

AsUppxu.jpg

O1kgTFA.png

The problem I have with the Noob and BP is the weird space between the outer edge of the insert and bezel. To me, personally, it's a bigger issue than the softer numerals on the insert with the JF and I can't unsee it. On the RG 116655, my opinions are reversed (because the black insert hides that small gap and the sharper numerals are more noticeable for me there) but on the 116622, I like the JF better just for that reason.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
The problem I have with the Noob and BP is the weird space between the outer edge of the insert and bezel. To me, personally, it's a bigger issue than the softer numerals on the insert with the JF and I can't unsee it. On the RG 116655, my opinions are reversed (because the black insert hides that small gap and the sharper numerals are more noticeable for me there) but on the 116622, I like the JF better just for that reason.

You mean none is a Super Rep right ?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

BP Bezel look Great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Great post.

I will contribute to your list by adding 4 watches to it:
1. Ebel 1911 discovery chronograph panda dial
2. Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono gray dial (All other colors are sub par)
3. IWC Aquatimer Cousteau diver 2008
4. Omega Ploprof V2

These 4 watches plus JLC NSD (in the under discussion list already) and IWC inge by noob (in the super rep list already) are the most well-made products in 2012.

Kind regards,

Ibrahim

bsmboi1017

Looking Around
31/8/16
Hi I have a question: why are the other Tudor Blackbay colours not considered NWBIG, but the red is on the list?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
BP bezel is bigger than gen. noob is more spot on

Noob Bezel wrong Olso they used old Blue Model and noob refused upgrade the Bezel

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
Hi I have a question: why are the other Tudor Blackbay colours not considered NWBIG, but the red is on the list?
As far as I know, bezel on the blue version is wrong(should be glossy instead of matt) and black version bezel is of the wrong colour and the red triangle is much less colourful than it should be(rose versions)
Shield versions should have corrected it, but they have wrong movement.

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
BP bezel is bigger than gen. noob is more spot on

BP's insert is bigger, Noob's smaller (FFS, you can 'see' that damn gap between the bezel and insert), JF's midway :p So why not get the JF.

Apparently, the JF is a bit more inaccurate in some ways on the case (as against the Noob) but no one can really tell without looking too close. That's how I flipflopped and ended up switching my order from the Noob YM to the JF YM with Sead. Pretty happy with it (especially after getting one of the new Blackhole crystals added by Prof).

In any case, they're all 'good' reps and IMO good enough on hand to pass off as gen ... but not exactly super-reps like the new JF Oyster Perpetual.

jameslav2003

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/15
BP's insert is bigger, Noob's smaller (FFS, you can 'see' that damn gap between the bezel and insert), JF's midway :p So why not get the JF.

Apparently, the JF is a bit more inaccurate in some ways on the case (as against the Noob) but no one can really tell without looking too close. That's how I flipflopped and ended up switching my order from the Noob YM to the JF YM with Sead. Pretty happy with it (especially after getting one of the new Blackhole crystals added by Prof).

In any case, they're all 'good' reps and IMO good enough on hand to pass off as gen ... but not exactly super-reps like the new JF Oyster Perpetual.

For sure if you're anal enough then its a noob with a jf bezel and you're getting to super rep imho. I loved my noob so much i stopped wearing my gen hulk so had to trade it for a ym and the only really stand out difference is that bezel gap, once you see it you can't unsee it. I did a side by side you can search for, if interested.

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
For sure if you're anal enough then its a noob with a jf bezel and you're getting to super rep imho. I loved my noob so much i stopped wearing my gen hulk so had to trade it for a ym and the only really stand out difference is that bezel gap, once you see it you can't unsee it. I did a side by side you can search for, if interested.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/ym-rhoduium-noob-a2836-vs-gen.377341/

Exactly, that was my problem with the Noob. I saw it and couldn't unsee it ever again.

Sead also said that, contrary to the side by side by zocker, the bezel insert was more wobbly/loose on many Noobs he had sold as against the JFs. At that point, I had already made up my mind to switch to the JF on my order thanks to the un-unsee-able gap haha.

This was zocker's amazing comparison - great information even though it's missing many pictures courtesy photobucket.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/big-rolex-yachtmaster-review-6-digit.365876/
On the 116655 though, I completely agree that the Noob is the better choice!

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
@timnic54 @Omagad, wouldnt we want to consider audio effects while considering status of reps (out of the box) as NWBIG or superReps?

Today I got back into my car after a short visit to a store. After I pushed the ignition on, I was still hearing a scratching/rattling noise for a few seconds. Concerned, I started thinking, hearing, looking around and then realized it was the stupid miyota movement in the 15400! If there were 3 more passengers in that well sound insulated car, and all had assumed that the 15400 was real, blindfolded, they would have spotted a tell.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
@timnic54 @Omagad, wouldnt we want to consider audio effects while considering status of reps (out of the box) as NWBIG or superReps?

Today I got back into my car after a short visit to a store. After I pushed the ignition on, I was still hearing a scratching/rattling noise for a few seconds. Concerned, I started thinking, hearing, looking around and then realized it was the stupid miyota movement in the 15400! If there were 3 more passengers in that well sound insulated car, and all had assumed that the 15400 was real, blindfolded, they would have spotted a tell.

Unless ALL samples of a certain watch had it, you could not use noise to disqualify. It could just be a problem with your watch. As far as your what-if scenario goes, it's pretty unlikely (3 people who assumed your 15400 was real, so most likely well to do people, blindfolded in a well sound-insulated car). Well, unless you were a kidnapper at which point whether your watch was noisy or not would be the least of their concerns. :lmao:

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth

Crap yes I meant JF not noob! I gotta think before I type, sorry for the confusion