• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Instagram REAL or FAKE??

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Im browsing through instagram watch accounts and the account https://instagram.com/matttheturk/ popped up. For some reason I am doubting whether his huge array of watches are the real deal.

Can any of the experts here spot any fakes? Or is this guy just ultra rich.

Cheers

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
I dont know about PAMs or Rollies but I've spotted a few rep APs on some very popular watch dedicated insta profiles, specifically the V7 Diver

Watch-er

17/7/14
I dont know about PAMs or Rollies but I've spotted a few rep APs on some very popular watch dedicated insta profiles, specifically the V7 Diver

What tell are you seeing? with filters I find it tougher to spot.

bronica

Advisor
Advisor
6/5/12
Well he has 4.6k people fooled without a single call out. rep game is strong
Not familiar with Instagram but wouldn't it be possible to just delete comments? Assuming they are reps, you'd still build up a healthy follower count eventually from people who don't know any better.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Funny how he acts like the watches are gen and people are commenting that he is "rich".

Good job Matthew90.

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
Well they may be reps but you can't fake the fine food, locations, and the hot brunette!!

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Lots of those locations and brunettes in Turkey, istanbul so nothing too special.

Still I personally find it ridiculous and cheap to act like your displaying your gen watches. Also read some of those descriptions..

"Quite the Rare Bird PAM056C / Titanium&Tobacco Dial in Destro on OEM Tobacco Water Buffalo Thai Strap! Man is that great or what?!? "

"I gotta say; Having tried on Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe SS Meteor Dial with Special Nato strap kind of steered me into right direction as to what i want for my next piece! An amazing watch that feels so solid on wrist! The sunburst meteor grey dial is mesmerizing! I need this beauty in my life asap!"

Yeah buddy just shoot our tds an email...

Smh..

D

d4m.test

How is this different than posting in gen forums or going to ADs? I mean I know it wont lead people back to RWI (at least as fast as the other methods) but it is the same......no?

D

d4m.test

Also how hilarious is it that there are "official" watch people commenting and stuff on it, thats hilarious

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
I didn't read any of this commentary but does he actually claim they are gens?

D

d4m.test

He doesnt say GEN Ap diver, but he isn't saying they are reps either. Clearly he is hoping (and fooling) everyone thinks they are gens

D

d4m.test

Didn´t read any of the comments and just had a quick look. He makes some fine pics with food, fingernails and locations in his own style - actually the pics, I find them great and well worth sharing.

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
I kinda feel that those who actually have this many gens don't flaunt them like this but if he's doing it and people believe it then good luck to him as long as he's not leaving a trail back here. And as [MENTION=72466]Daywatch[/MENTION] said, the photos are pretty good. TD's could take a leaf out of this guys book on how to promote their pieces, lol!!

D

d4m.test

No they are good photos, but I am wondering the difference between flaunting on a rep forum and getting banned, and flaunting them to the whole world and its fine?