• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
The gens also have variations of the placement and alignment of "m" . Not saying you are wrong, just that we're giving Rolex a bit more credit than deserved when it comes to consistency.

Do you have A01 or S19/S29 version?

makoberry

Known Member
13/8/09
Do you have A01 or S19/S29 version?
114060.jpg

I played around in Photoshop and did an extremely crappy comparison. Since I only have an Iphone the photo of my own VSF 114060 sucks, but I stole an image from Jtime and compared it to a couple of gens at Chrono 24. I think the "m" is good enough, but then again the gens on Chrono 24 might be VSF. :D

Lupefiasco

Looking Around
26/4/24
114060.jpg

I played around in Photoshop and did an extremely crappy comparison. Since I only have an Iphone the photo of my own VSF 114060 sucks, but I stole an image from Jtime and compared it to a couple of gens at Chrono 24. I think the "m" is good enough, but then again the gens on Chrono 24 might be VSF. :D
Could you throw some examples of clean cf 114060 dials in that empty space so we can compare which factory is closest to the gen dials?

makoberry

Known Member
13/8/09
Could you throw some examples of clean cf 114060 dials in that empty space so we can compare which factory is closest to the gen dials?
My point is that we need to define what "closest to gen" really means in this case, since there are a few different variations regarding the alignment and positioning of "m". On Chrono24 there seem to be at least three different gen 114060 dial/prints:

1. Close & high m (VSF-style)
2. Close & low m
3. Distant & low m

I believe this issue to be so minor that it really doesn't matter though. The difference between 1 & 2 is only visible with like 10x magnification.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK

Chrono 24 watermark, gen, 114060 "flying m"
The Hulk is ZZF, m is flying slightly but no more than gen?
The no date 114060, VSF, S19, "pre raid", the m is not flying.
The black dial date is a VSF 126610, Q66, "flying m"

Those 3 reps are mine, all photoed together, same light, same time, 2" apart.
They are a very conservative £32k's worth to buy in gen.
£960 I think in total, here, all M2M.
It's really not "why would you buy a fake?" it's "why would you buy a gen?"

Last edited:
Reactions: makoberry

bertino2

Horology Curious
Supporter
30/3/24
I would argue the F1 Cartier Santos Dumont small should be added to the NWBIG (might be super rep) list. Although, needs a strap change. I bought for my Mrs and you can't tell the difference between F1 and Gen
Where did you buy it? I can't find them at any TD.

bertino2

Horology Curious
Supporter
30/3/24
Trusty Time has them
Did you mean these?

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Did you mean these?
No it's this one:

I have the mens now too in XL and it's just as good:

Andrew_watchlist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/24
The italic m on the vsf is different font to gen and slightly misplaced, however that might be deliberate move as a tell that the non watch guys would not know about and might be a way of indicating it’s a fake if someone tries to pass it off to sell as gen. Dunno, I am happy with my 126610, it’s a nice looking watch.

Linksrat

31/12/23
Chicago area
Sure; look at it and then disregard it.

As someone with a lot more experience than me said: this list was useful when reps where a lot worse. Now the quality is much higher.

So the general advise is to look for that watch you like and do research in the dedicated section of RWI on which factory suits your needs best

Regarding TDs, you can get any watch from any TD. So chose your TD and ask him if he can source it.

>> So the general advise is to look for that watch you like and do research in the dedicated section of RWI on which factory suits your needs best..<<

Thats an interesting comment and mostl likely helpful to newbies, like me. What and where is this 'dedicated section' you speak of please? I will buy an Explorer I and probably in 39. But -- which movment (does it matter that much for a rep?), and 904 vs 316 SS, and matte or gloss face. These things drive me batty. Maybe there is an area I can do the research in?

Thank you!

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
>> So the general advise is to look for that watch you like and do research in the dedicated section of RWI on which factory suits your needs best..<<

Thats an interesting comment and mostl likely helpful to newbies, like me. What and where is this 'dedicated section' you speak of please? I will buy an Explorer I and probably in 39. But -- which movment (does it matter that much for a rep?), and 904 vs 316 SS, and matte or gloss face. These things drive me batty. Maybe there is an area I can do the research in?

Thank you!
There is a section for each brand, for Rolex go here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/rolex-tudor-replicas.153/
Regarding the Explorer I, take a look at the one from Clean - it's a banger imo.

Linksrat

31/12/23
Chicago area