• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Great to hear, can you give some more details on what makes it a possible super rep? How's the crown, dial, hands, case etc when compared to gen? Excited about this as I was looking for a nice Cartier.
There are a lot of good Cartier reps but I can only speak for the F1 small until I receive the XL version. I viewed the small 'Dumont' in the boutique with my wife but I can't justify the £4500 price tag for a SS watch with a stock quartz movement. The F1 has an identical appearance with a strap change. I've not had the two side by side but I've been on this forum for 8 years and owned probably 100 reps. This is one of the few I've not had a "tell" on.

jhnnkmm

Looking Around
7/2/24
First of all : You shouldn't renounce to buy a watch just because it's not listed here.
Remember that 95% of people don't look at your watch and only 1% of the 5% can tell a rep from a gen. Don't be worried !

Please understand that NWBIG doesn't necessarily mean "Super Rep".

This thread is not only about NWBIG watches, but also Super Rep NWBIGs !

Any NWBIG is not worth buying in gen. A watch can be NWBIG without being a Super Rep because the tell is acceptable.

But a Super Rep is necessarily NWBIG. That's what this thread is about : Watches that are not worth buying gen AND are very hardly distinguishable from the gen.

I double checked all the watches in every page. I've gone in all the reviews thread I could find for every single of these watches to make sure they actually were considered as Super Reps. I noticed a few of these had issues or were "under debate". Some of them actually were not even Super Reps although they were often considered like they were (with obvious tells (so not NWBIG)).

Once I finished doing the whole thing and after reading around 200 threads, I decided to create this list.

Please, you have to understand that I've been very demanding.
If there is any obvious tell you can spot quickly, it's NO SUPER REP, it can still be NWBIG tho if you need to be an expert in the particular model to spot it.

This list is, what I consider, THE Super Reps list.

In other words, I need your help for that, I would like to create a list that anyone could participate to build, discuss, debate, update; that anyone can USE and that is CONSENSUAL.

If you see any mistake in the list, feel free to tell me.
If you see any watch in the list that has an obvious tell, let's discuss it.

What I want is something clear, easy to read and accepted by everyone (or almost).

Most importantly, remember that even a Super Rep IS a Replica. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION !
There will ALWAYS BE a difference. This is about going AS CLOSE AS WE CAN to GEN.

This thread is about watches that you should not buy gen because the Replicas listed in here are so good that the price difference between the GEN and the REP would NOT be justified !

Of course GEN will ALWAYS be superior even in the smallest way.

PLEASE, if you disagree with something TELL US WHY.

Should it go in or out of the list, LET US KNOW.

And if you see someone that disagrees with you, TALK ABOUT THAT, give us your input.
I will update this list as soon as THERE IS A CONSENSUS.

While it's UNDER DEBATE, I won't.

Since the last forum update, I can't update this list anymore, please click the following link for the updated list:

The FIRST CLASS++ category is basically a SUPER REP on the wrist (with a small (has to be minor) tell on the case back!)

FIRST CLASS category are very good reps, very close to gen, but with one obvious tell for anyone knowing what to look for or with side by side comparison. Please note that there are many watches out there that could fit into the FIRST CLASS category.
This one is only about watches that have been discussed HERE as potential Super Reps and didn't get the status.

I hope you enjoy my dedication and I hope to be part of this incredible RWI forum for long time.
Thanks for reading, please join us ! Any suggestion is welcome.

Credits to those who participated to the original list (@timnic54 and @simonjay, and @ALE7575 for PAMs) and all the participants of the previous thread (too many of you to name), all the guides makers and all of those who will participate here. Special thanks also to Repworld for his continuous will and dedication to enhance this list...
THANK YOU

DenisT95

Horology Curious
6/2/24
First of all, a big thank you for providing this list.
A quick question, datejust 41 vsf is titled as NWBIG what about the 36? And which dials are particularly good here, I wanted to get the gray Wimbledon.

Bloody9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
This list is great. Cross referencing this to the listing on r/reptime reddit. Their list says Noob is closed and that seems to be the primary PAM factory. So did that kill most of the PAMs from the list or is there another factory or did they change their name? Thanks

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
This list is great. Cross referencing this to the listing on r/reptime reddit. Their list says Noob is closed and that seems to be the primary PAM factory. So did that kill most of the PAMs from the list or is there another factory or did they change their name? Thanks
Noob PAMs are still available, often at good prices (a little over $200), from TDs, I just bought a 111 and a 911 from Trusty. There are quite a few others, as well.

Reactions: Got20Mate

sim24

Horology Curious
11/2/24
Can I get some help with understanding what to do with this list? Am I missing something or should there links to the TDs selling these or do I need to do something more manual?

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Can I get some help with understanding what to do with this list? Am I missing something or should there links to the TDs selling these or do I need to do something more manual?
Sure; look at it and then disregard it.

As someone with a lot more experience than me said: this list was useful when reps where a lot worse. Now the quality is much higher.

So the general advise is to look for that watch you like and do research in the dedicated section of RWI on which factory suits your needs best

Regarding TDs, you can get any watch from any TD. So chose your TD and ask him if he can source it.

engbanna1

Known Member
29/5/23
KSA
Can someone explain to me why Clean’s GMT Master II and Daytona’s, VS Starbucks and datejusts are not in any of the NWBIG lists? To me they are even Super Reps!!

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Can someone explain to me why Clean’s GMT Master II and Daytona’s, VS Starbucks and datejusts are not in any of the NWBIG lists? To me they are even Super Reps!!
I think the Clean crystal and bezel insert are a downgrade from gen, with many replacing them with gen or better aftermarket items. The Clean Daytonas are very good, but IIRC, when they were first launched, there were some flaws that were pointed out. Not sure what's been corrected since then, as I know Clean is up to its 3rd version of improved insert on the GMT and 2nd or 3rd version of the Daytona.
VSF Subs (especially the no date 14060) and DJ are very good, probably the best available at the moment OOTB, but again, there are some flaws.

You'd really have to dig deep into the many threads on these watches to glean the specifics, but those are what come to my immediate recollection.

engbanna1

Known Member
29/5/23
KSA
Unfortunately the numbers on the crown are quite different from the gen, I think also the colors of the dials.
Too bad because the movement (vs3235) is fantastic
What do you mean by the numbers on the crown? I have seen the comparison on the one watches TD website and VS YM is almost at 98% of the gen’s in all details!! There’s no difference in dial colour for both the blue and Rodium.

Reactions: Arcin666

MovieBuff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
29/12/23
Also want to say thanks for the work that was put into this. I, too, cross-referenced this with the list on r/reptime, and made three separate purchases based on info from both!
I did also see that this was made when reps were of lower or questionable quality. I have to say, as someone who is not well-versed in what a genuine watch looks like, I've been quite happy with the quality of all three reps I have received, so thank you to each person who has put so much work into making this place such a hive of information.

Reactions: joeyc

timsffc

Looking Around
19/12/23
Hi guys, I'm a newbie and I'm not sure what to do with the googledocs list. Where are these watches offered? Should there be a link to a store?

Reactions: kong68

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hi guys, I'm a newbie and I'm not sure what to do with the googledocs list. Where are these watches offered? Should there be a link to a store?
There is a forum section ' trusted dealers' you will find details of where to buy there .

timsffc

Looking Around
19/12/23
There is a forum section ' trusted dealers' you will find details of where to buy there .
Thanks, but I already found this section. I'm asking regarding this "NWBIG / Super Replicas consensual list" in the first post of this thread.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Thanks, but I already found this section. I'm asking regarding this "NWBIG / Super Replicas consensual list" in the first post of this thread.
??? You click on the list pick the watch you want .Then go to the TD section pick a dealer , contact them about the watch price/availability /payment etc and order the watch ???

Reactions: joeyc