• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Andrew_watchlist

Known Member
28/4/24
I have read that some find that list out of date and no longer relevant. As this forum does not like the 'which is best rep question' is there anyway RWI could poll its longstanding knowledgeable members to create a more updated list? I took the list as gospel and ordered a vsf sub and I very happy i did. but i don't want to order another based on that list second time around as I might miss a gem that has improved since list was compiled.

Mkempes

Cinglé du Mont-Ventoux
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Choosing watches using this list is not the recommended approach at RWI. Not only is this list outdated, more importantly you are misled to chose reps based on this list rather then the ones suitable for you. A mistake a lot of member committed, so did I. My first purchase was a PP Calatrava NWBIG now sitting in the drawer.

So decide on the model you like first and then make your research in the respective section. There you can find detail reviews and decide whether the rep meets your standards and which factory to choose.

Last edited:

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Choosing watches using this list is not the recommended approach at RWI. Not only is this list outdated, more importantly you are misled to chose reps based on this list rather then the one suitable for you. A mistake a lot of member committed, so did I. My first purchase was a PP Calatrava NWBIG now sitting in the drawer.

So decide on the model you like first and then make your research in the respective section. There you can find detail reviews and decide whether the rep meets your standards and which factory to choose.
Can't agree with this more. I found myself grabbing a bunch of Panerai's that had the legendary NWBIG status back then only to find that I didn't actually like how the watches felt on wrist even though they were remarkable reps (absolutely massive things) You should decide on the style and types of watch that you like, maybe even down to the particular models that you like, and hunt the rep from there. My two cents of course

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
I have read that some find that list out of date and no longer relevant. As this forum does not like the 'which is best rep question' is there anyway RWI could poll its longstanding knowledgeable members to create a more updated list? I took the list as gospel and ordered a vsf sub and I very happy i did. but i don't want to order another based on that list second time around as I might miss a gem that has improved since list was compiled.
I would say if closer to gen is a big factor for you (and tbh to many others), you can just by reading the brand section you're interested in get a feel of which models are better replicated.

Then if some of them interest you, you can go to the thread of each model and read there about the quality of each rep. You can also read the very helpful comparisons that TDs post for some models. That way you will have the best idea of strengths and weaknesses of each factory/model.

That's what I did at least.

Watch2Master

Horology Curious
Certified
26/6/21
From the knowledge I’ve gained here, I think I’ve learned getting the watch you like is most important. Making it yours over time and perfecting it with better parts seems like the best option in my opinion. Based on what I’ve seen in the collectors corner etc.. There are some impressively good builds. I don’t think this list has been updated in a year now it seems, and I agree with everyone else it leads users to making that their focal point is it on the list or not.

Reactions: wisedennis

Andrew_watchlist

Known Member
28/4/24
From the knowledge I’ve gained here, I think I’ve learned getting the watch you like is most important. Making it yours over time and perfecting it with better parts seems like the best option in my opinion. Based on what I’ve seen in the collectors corner etc.. There are some impressively good builds. I don’t think this list has been updated in a year now it seems, and I agree with everyone else it leads users to making that their focal point is it on the list or not.
yeas that is what i did with the list, although it worked out good for me. got a vsf sub, although still know very little about rep watches in general. this place is a fantastic resource with an interesting ethos. Reminds me of my first day in uni. 'We are not here to spoon feed you'.

Reactions: Watch2Master

Andrew_watchlist

Known Member
28/4/24
thanks for replies and opinions. All drawn pretty much same conclusion. My subby might get some enhancement at some point. I think the common theme is dial, hands, crystal. The crystal on my pepsi is a definite weak spot also in my eyes. The bezel looks fine though, as the originals have variations in colour, I can live with that.

Reactions: lovegensandreps

Watch2Master

Horology Curious
Certified
26/6/21
thanks for replies and opinions. All drawn pretty much same conclusion. My subby might get some enhancement at some point. I think the common theme is dial, hands, crystal. The crystal on my pepsi is a definite weak spot also in my eyes. The bezel looks fine though, as the originals have variations in colour, I can live with that.
Wishing you luck have fun with it.