• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new GMT with DD3285 QC pics and video release [finally]

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
who did you buy from? does anyone have the contact details for the factory?
Ahem GIF by South Park

wondering eric cartman GIF by South Park

You do realize that factories can't be contacted by end users, right?

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Is the reason why the SEL gaps have increased is due to Clean making their own bracelets now instead of the previous ARF source? The case has remained the same but the new CF bracelets have a slightly larger tolerance?

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Did the same build as on my Pepsi but added a CF 124060 brushed oyster bracelet to tone it down a bit and see how I like it being a bit less blingy. CF V3 GMT Batgirl base, Gen xtal, Clark 2.85 gasket, Xing Batman Bezel, Polished rehaut.

You can reference my build notes from my Pepsi build as all details are identical: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...elease-finally.10939641/page-12#post-11306548

As I don't think anyone else has done a Batman Xing insert on RWI it's worth noting the thickness was perfectly flush with the V3 CF Bezel when installed with gs hypo cement and not a 3M ring. The stock CF bezel is slightly recessed if installing with glue. I didn't modify it in any way and it doesn't have the 18 flaws of the Pepsi or anything like that. I would say overall they are nearly identical but the font is slightly larger on the Xing version. I also think the inlay is brighter than on the CF which is why I went for installing it.

Xing Bezel installed in pics (holding CF Bezel w/tweezers fwiw).

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Did the same build as on my Pepsi but added a CF 124060 brushed oyster bracelet to tone it down a bit and see how I like it being a bit less blingy. CF V3 GMT Batgirl base, Gen xtal, Clark 2.85 gasket, Xing Batman Bezel, Polished rehaut.

You can reference my build notes from my Pepsi build as all details are identical: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...elease-finally.10939641/page-12#post-11306548

As I don't think anyone else has done a Batman Xing insert on RWI it's worth noting the thickness was perfectly flush with the V3 CF Bezel when installed with gs hypo cement and not a 3M ring. The stock CF bezel is slightly recessed if installing with glue. I didn't modify it in any way and it doesn't have the 18 flaws of the Pepsi or anything like that. I would say overall they are nearly identical but the font is slightly larger on the Xing version. I also think the inlay is brighter than on the CF which is why I went for installing it.

Xing Bezel installed in pics (holding CF Bezel w/tweezers fwiw).

Would you recommend this or is the only difference the thicker font? I did the xing swap on my rootbeer as the colours were darker and closer to gen, fonts were thicker too

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Would you recommend this or is the only difference the thicker font? I did the xing swap on my rootbeer as the colours were darker and closer to gen, fonts were thicker too
Do you have photos? Wasn't aware xing did a root beer bezel too