• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new GMT with DD3285 QC pics and video release [finally]

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
Would you recommend this or is the only difference the thicker font? I did the xing swap on my rootbeer as the colours were darker and closer to gen, fonts were thicker too
Personally I like it and would recommend it. I think the Batman Xing is ~90 bucks. I like having the consistent font size on my Pepsi and Batman (both have Xing) and having a good thickness that aligned with the bezel depth nicely. Not for everyone but since a lot of this hobby is about splitting hairs on details I feel this is a hair I enjoy splitting... ;)

Reactions: mcboom

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16

Very happy with my new cf Pepsi! Look unreal in person!
This standard bro? Which td you use? How’s the bezel teeth they more polished in the Center now than previous factories more like vsf subs

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Does anyone know if there is a glide lock clasp available that would fit in dimensions and appearance? I know it's not on the original, so just a stab in the dark.

Reactions: Neon

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

Extremely good quality. Very nice colors. @domiffm said the red is still too brownish, I don't see it. Think they look perfect.

One weird thing is they have different datewheel fonts. Or is that just my old eyes tricking me?

Reactions: Neon and rhern213

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I suppose different batch could have different font thickness, does it bother you?
It's not even the thickness, it's the serif that is different.

But no, next to each other you can tell, by itself it doesn't look strange or bothersome.

Reactions: CTime

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I suppose different batch could have different font thickness, does it bother you?
It's not just a different batch, it's a different DW on the Sprite. They are not interchangeable. While the movement is just turned upside down in a Sprite, no matter how you rotate the righty DW the numbers are still upside down on the left side.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It's not just a different batch, it's a different DW on the Sprite. They are not interchangeable. While the movement is just turned upside down in a Sprite, no matter how you rotate the righty DW the numbers are still upside down on the left side.
Unless you're standing on your head looking in a mirror.

Platomates

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/23
Singapore
Did the same build as on my Pepsi but added a CF 124060 brushed oyster bracelet to tone it down a bit and see how I like it being a bit less blingy. CF V3 GMT Batgirl base, Gen xtal, Clark 2.85 gasket, Xing Batman Bezel, Polished rehaut.

You can reference my build notes from my Pepsi build as all details are identical: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...elease-finally.10939641/page-12#post-11306548

As I don't think anyone else has done a Batman Xing insert on RWI it's worth noting the thickness was perfectly flush with the V3 CF Bezel when installed with gs hypo cement and not a 3M ring. The stock CF bezel is slightly recessed if installing with glue. I didn't modify it in any way and it doesn't have the 18 flaws of the Pepsi or anything like that. I would say overall they are nearly identical but the font is slightly larger on the Xing version. I also think the inlay is brighter than on the CF which is why I went for installing it.

Xing Bezel installed in pics (holding CF Bezel w/tweezers fwiw).

Hi sir, I got a question.
Why didn't you go with the gen gasket along with gen crystal?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Used gen gasket 2.70 on my pepsi full franken, it's from crystal blister old gmt.
The gasket present in the blister of new crystals is too low and the glass in the rep case will sit too low compared to the bezel. In the gen the crystal protrudes a little and is not flush...

perfect height and perfect magnification!

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
When I was at my AD he showed my a picture of the first watch he became when this model was released, and the date was upside down! It passed all Rolex QCs.
He did not sell it, but if he had, I bet this was worth hell of a money:)

• Wow
Reactions: mcboom

Platomates

5/6/23
Singapore
Used gen gasket 2.70 on my pepsi full franken, it's from crystal blister old gmt.
The gasket present in the blister of new crystals is too low and the glass in the rep case will sit too low compared to the bezel. In the gen the crystal protrudes a little and is not flush...

perfect height and perfect magnification!

Is that the CF V2 of V3?

rhern213

Certified
13/2/14
I got the Prof crystal on my CF Pepsi, here's some comparison pics against an original Clean crystal. Both are the same latest updated CF versions.
Clean is on the left with the protective cover, Prof is on the right.
The main area of the crystal is subtle but noticeable, especially at angles. The date window is a big difference in clarity and "black hole" effect. Well worth the upgrade IMO.

Platomates

5/6/23
Singapore
I got the Prof crystal on my CF Pepsi, here's some comparison pics against an original Clean crystal. Both are the same latest updated CF versions.
Clean is on the left with the protective cover, Prof is on the right.
The main area of the crystal is subtle but noticeable, especially at angles. The date window is a big difference in clarity and "black hole" effect. Well worth the upgrade IMO.

Nice! is it the 2x or 1x AR?