• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new GMT with DD3285 QC pics and video release [finally]

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
This one exploded after 5 bar. A second identical one fails at 1 bar.
No much reps can survive 3 bar... That's why we don't recommend to take your rep to any place with diving into water. After we upgrade the waterproof it can barely survive 2-3 bar. Without the treatment, it can only live with daily life waterproof. I will soon do another post about this 🥲. Do you want to send the watch back to repair it?

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
No much reps can survive 3 bar... That's why we don't recommend to take your rep to any place with diving into water. After we upgrade the waterproof it can barely survive 2-3 bar. Without the treatment, it can only live with daily life waterproof. I will soon do another post about this 🥲. Do you want to send the watch back to repair it?

I pressure test dozens of rep watches successfully to 10 bar, but CF GMT is very well known to us watchmakers for leaking.

I would very much appreciate replacement dial and hands if you will send them but I won’t risk mailing it back to China.

svshawn

Renowned Member
24/2/14
I just got my sprite lefty on jubilee. Dial is horrible looks warped in certain angles. Tried winding the watch and after a few revolutions it ceased to wind so hit and miss. I purchased a C+ factory BRLO and the quality far surpasses the clean! The crystal, dial and winding is superb. I fell for the hype and honestly no amount of power reserve is worth poor quality and slapped together watch. I’ll post some pics later. I reached out to CTime but I’m sure my options are limited and not willing to send it back to China. What a disappointment!

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
I just got my sprite lefty on jubilee. Dial is horrible looks warped in certain angles. Tried winding the watch and after a few revolutions it ceased to wind so hit and miss. I purchased a C+ factory BRLO and the quality far surpasses the clean! The crystal, dial and winding is superb. I fell for the hype and honestly no amount of power reserve is worth poor quality and slapped together watch. I’ll post some pics later. I reached out to CTime but I’m sure my options are limited and not willing to send it back to China. What a disappointment!
Did you not have QC pics and vid of the watch?

Mavriff

Horology Curious
27/5/23
NYC
Is the sprite lefty the DD3285?

What movement is in the C+ BLRO? is it DD3186 or SH3186?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I use my eyes and ears and am excited if something great happens in the future;)
Nice! seems as if only 126710 BLRO Pepsi's on oyster bracelets have been delivered since the new movement was released.

I have not seen any 126710 BLNR with DD3285 on oyster bracelets yet, only jubilee.

svshawn

Renowned Member
24/2/14
Is the sprite lefty the DD3285?

What movement is in the C+ BLRO? is it DD3186 or SH3186?
The sprite lefty is DD3285 from clean.
C+ is the SH3186 modified. Of course this is what I read from KJ2020. If I’m wrong I’m sure KJ or other can clarify.

Reactions: Mavriff

Mavriff

Horology Curious
27/5/23
NYC
I use my eyes and ears and am excited if something great happens in the future;)

Radical. Thanks for sharing! How is your experience with the build quality and movement?

I’m new here. Your post on the GMT bezel mod was the first thread I saved for future ref. thanks for making that.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Radical. Thanks for sharing! How is your experience with the build quality and movement?

I’m new here. Your post on the GMT bezel mod was the first thread I saved for future ref. thanks for making that.

The movement itself is great. Power reserve is great, as known on DD3235 already. I have the feeling there is no winding issue anymore that was common on the VS 3235 base movements. The rotorscrew was broken on arrival but that was a shipping problem, happens i guess:)

When you go for a GMT the CF is the watch to go. Small mods and you got a NWBIG watch.

Thanks for the probs, appreciate it.