• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Racing Dial Daytonas Release

Frank Martin

Getting To Know The Place
10/4/20
U.S.
Just saw this come up on my dealers postings and damn do they look fine. A very good v1! Even the bezel has the correct 4 font and units per hour font! (Non ceramic font!)

Markers, subdial, fonts and hands looks pretty much on point with the gen 116509!

Big moves clean, big move.

I can’t seem to find a photo of a gen (this exact model) online.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA

It's actually called the Slate Arabic dial. Introduced in 2008 and last produced in 2016. There's some good info in the link above. But I don't think there were any dial variations with the 4 & 6 second markers. They were always present in the gen. CF missed it unfortunately.

Reactions: masterpiece777

michaelle1193

15/1/20
I still don’t understand what u guys are talking about . This is a gen dial
zdaLiE.jpg

Reactions: dharma

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Typical the "not so clean" factory....

We all know what strategy this is. Clean aka zzf always makes a V1 with a small error first, and then sells an updated version.

Reactions: KJ2020

andybilsy

Supporter AB
Supporting Vendor
Patron
Certified
Is this a 116519? Can’t seem to find a photo of the gen online.

Reactions: KJ2020

michaelle1193

15/1/20
Typical the "not so clean" factory....

We all know what strategy this is. Clean aka zzf always makes a V1 with a small error first, and then sells an updated version.
Agree. I will buy the dial and bezel only for the next time :))

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Not sure if CF will update. I hope they do. But if this reference doesn't sell they won't make the effort to fix it. I'm hoping BTF makes one.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

edlorpi

12/8/11
I definitely need a good rep version of this dial for the 4130 LOL . Sorry everyone, I feel like the guy who pissed in the punch bowl now. Truly, I want the Daytona Slate Arabic Racing dial to work out. When I first saw this on PureTime, I got super excited until I compared the dials. Now I can't un-see the issue. As mentioned, it only came in for the 18 WG version but did come in a leather strap or matching WG sports bracelet. The silver dial in gen seems to be known for the black of the hour markers coming off and onto the dial. Strange.

I hope someone comes out with a good 4130 version.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I texted TheOneWatches and the replier laughed when I suggested they say something to CF. LOL! Well... unless you ask, you will never know. I would think CF would like to know of such an error. He replied that they will try. Whatever.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
I texted TheOneWatches and the replier laughed when I suggested they say something to CF. LOL! Well... unless you ask, you will never know. I would think CF would like to know of such an error. He replied that they will try. Whatever.
It shouldn't be surprising that they'd laughed at you, even some here would laugh at you for that

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Really? Not the first time someone on a replica watch message board contacted a TD pointing out the fault of a dial asking that they contact the factory to correct it.

But if you prefer to put your head between your legs and hope & pray on a change, knock yourself out. Again, it costs nothing to ask and the worst they could say is "NO".

Frank Martin

Getting To Know The Place
10/4/20
U.S.
Thanks. Still can’t find an exact gen of this great looking model.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Really? Not the first time someone on a replica watch message board contacted a TD pointing out the fault of a dial asking that they contact the factory to correct it.

But if you prefer to put your head between your legs and hope & pray on a change, knock yourself out. Again, it costs nothing to ask and the worst they could say is "NO".

You did not read me clearly, what you should actually focus on about what I said it is that it should not surprise you if they laugh at you about this because they probably did this error on purpose, it is like all those guy that can't understand how and why they can't get some supposed to be "easy to fix" flaws fixed

I don't believe it was ever sold with a rubber strap. All sales I've seen were with a leather strap.

The Oysterflex was introduced in 2015 on a Yacht-Master and the Slate Grey was discontinued around that year too as they introduced the blue dial in 2016 but I could be wrong

Reactions: masterpiece777

edlorpi

12/8/11
Straps shouldn't matter, I think. As long as the clasp and lug adapter are the same. People customize their straps or change out all the time.

Reactions: mmaggi