• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Racing Dial Daytonas Release

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
i think rubber b swimskin matches the aesthetic perfectly, will order it soon

zd4AD8.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020 and mmaggi

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
What are we thinking on the Panda version of the dial? Any glaring defects?

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Received my Racing Panda yesterday and took some comparison pics with my Gen dial. First of all it is a nice watch with a nice dial. However it is not perfect and has some minor flaws. But again, without a Gen side by side I would not have noticed much of them. Be aware that the Panda Racing is due to its dial texture very hard to replicate. Overall CF did a very good job (except the missing 4 and 6 minute ticks - but only experts will notice this defect).

The things I detected:
- the crown hole is bigger than Gen
- the dial texture, while not bad is not as grainy as the Gen
- the dial color is more silvery white, while the Gen is more off-white. Gen has a warmer glow
- the stupid missing 4 and 6 minute tick marks. (Have not noticed this flaw since release, only a few days back a member posted it here)

Here are the pics:

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
The red chrono hand is missing as well as the red sub dial hands. Did the gen have a version of this dial without the red hands?

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Yes there were different versions of the 116509. The chono hands not beeing red is no problem. For my 116520 Fantasy build I wanted red ones, as I liked them better.

By the way the 116520 is Noob V3 with Gen dial, gen hands, gen bezel.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Your 116509 is beautiful. The dial, hands & bezel scream it's genuine. The CF next to it really looks really inferior (just being honest).

Reactions: KJ2020

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Thank you mate for your true words.

The CF is a nice watch for what it is: A 850 USD copy of a watch worth ten thousands of Dollars. But when you put it next to the real deal, or as in my case a SuperFranken then things fall apart.

I think a set of Racing hands nowadays cost almost as same as the CF. Dials go for 3k upwards.
Gen will always be Gen and superior!

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I'm hoping CF improves these Daytona racing/arabic dials. I'm also hoping BTF jumps into it as well because something tells me their version will be much better. I will patiently wait for these improvements before purchasing. And if they don't come, I'll pass.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi could anyone explain me what’s the difference between V1 and v2?
All TD’s listed V2 but did not see any difference?
And what does the backside sticker tells about the version?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
does these stalls have LEC?
and how much are those?

There is a function search on the forum

Here what I found for you :

Reactions: masterpiece777

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Received my Racing Panda yesterday and took some comparison pics with my Gen dial. First of all it is a nice watch with a nice dial. However it is not perfect and has some minor flaws. But again, without a Gen side by side I would not have noticed much of them. Be aware that the Panda Racing is due to its dial texture very hard to replicate. Overall CF did a very good job (except the missing 4 and 6 minute ticks - but only experts will notice this defect).

The things I detected:
- the crown hole is bigger than Gen
- the dial texture, while not bad is not as grainy as the Gen
- the dial color is more silvery white, while the Gen is more off-white. Gen has a warmer glow
- the stupid missing 4 and 6 minute tick marks. (Have not noticed this flaw since release, only a few days back a member posted it here)

Here are the pics:

CF is a nice watch and I know about gen variation, but man without red hands the watch loses like 73.7% of its appeal

PS: I kinda like it on the steel bezel !

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
There is a function search on the forum

Here what I found for you :

Thanks a lot any idea id a prodd xtal would be a better more closer to gen option For this specific model?

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
@KJ2020 - True but I wouldn't attempt it simply because I would mess it up. LOL! Nice work on that Air King BTW.

Tell you what, KJ. When I purchase the 116509 slate arabic Daytona I'll send it to you so you can paint the chrono second hand (for a price of course). Deal? :)