• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
I was happy with the xtal until I put it side by side with my VSF Sub and suddenly it didn't look too great, what are people's recommendations for a xtal replacement on Clean Batman? Ideally I'd go gen but looking to see what else is out there? Anyone put a Prof xtal in their Batman/Batgirl?
No comparison to Gen, I recently did one myself and it's incredible. Make sure you get the new 7035 model with inside AR. You won't regret it.

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
Does anyone know if the clean ceramic insert will fit a gen bezel? I know the clean insert isn't press fit but not sure if that's due to the insert being undersized or the bezel oversized.

This means the CF insert isn't a true 1:1
A big doubt that it can be press fitted onto the gen bezel though
Just to follow up on this, I have successfully press fitted a clean factory insert into a gen bezel. I guess that means the CF insert is exact size whereas the bezel is oversized compared to gen.

As to why I did this, the bezel finish/polish is night and day difference and really catches the eye compared to a stock CF bezel. However if anyone is selling a Gen batman insert, please send me a PM.

Last edited:

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
Few pics of my Batgirl with gen crystal, bezel (not insert) and click spring, retaining ring etc. Pictured also is a Gen 116710LN insert to show just how poor the CF 'platinum' engravings are. I think its the biggest 'tell' on CF GMT reps these days.

I've read a few posts of people using paint pens to make it more gen like, so I will be trying this over the next few days and showing the results side by side with the gen insert.

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
The engravements above are a bit thinner on CF compared to gen LN too.

I just got a Clean LN and oddly, opposed to BLNR, the engravements are a tad fatter than gen LN (I don't mind as gen bezel/insert is coming soon).

Also the Clean coating on the LN looks better than on BLNR above, but maybe some batches are better than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91 and Galenik

techno89

12/9/12
Few pics of my Batgirl with gen crystal, bezel (not insert) and click spring, retaining ring etc. Pictured also is a Gen 116710LN insert to show just how poor the CF 'platinum' engravings are. I think its the biggest 'tell' on CF GMT reps these days.

I've read a few posts of people using paint pens to make it more gen like, so I will be trying this over the next few days and showing the results side by side with the gen insert.

I have to say, at least in the pics, your engravings look way darker than mine do on my CF V2

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I have to say, at least in the pics, your engravings look way darker than mine do on my CF V2
Agree, maybe @vodamerc got a bad one? Did you try to wash the insert? Sometimes dirt would so that too

I don't have a gen GMT insert but here's a comparison next to my gen submariner and there is no difference in terms of darkness of the plating to my eyes

Reactions: Bobi01

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
Agree, maybe @vodamerc got a bad one? Did you try to wash the insert? Sometimes dirt would so that too

I don't have a gen GMT insert but here's a comparison next to my gen submariner and there is no difference in terms of darkness of the plating to my eyes

I've got 3 CF inserts and they are all the same. Mine looks just like your's there in person. Compared to the gen its massively off.

Just to reiterate, it's very light dependant. In areas with direct artificial light like your photo appears to show, they look very close.

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Despite the inferior bezel mechanics, the quality of CF inserts is honestly top notch and hard to beat

Tobel

6/7/17
I've got 3 CF inserts and they are all the same. Mine looks just like your's there in person. Compared to the gen its massively off.

Just to reiterate, it's very light dependant. In areas with direct artificial light like your photo appears to show, they look very close.
Well I don't know why but mine doesn't get even remotely as dark as yours, and regardless of lighting conditions, it behaves like my gen sub's insert

rssid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/22
No real point asking unless you've got a guy with connections to the supplier. Asked JTime and a few other TDs listed here they are unable to supply the xtals or spec whatever watch you want with it. So its either gen xtals or prof at this stage as you can't actually get your hands on a deep crystal.

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
No real point asking unless you've got a guy with connections to the supplier. Asked JTime and a few other TDs listed here they are unable to supply the xtals or spec whatever watch you want with it. So its either gen xtals or prof at this stage as you can't actually get your hands on a deep crystal.
Thank you

Bobi01

2/2/19
Here is gen and there is definetly no lines visible on crystal edge

Tobel

6/7/17
Wrong crystal basically, the edge angle is incorrect which is why it's reflecting the minute markers. That looks like a 45 degree edge when it should be over 60 degrees.
That's probably a crystal for a submariner