• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

linusvia

Horology Curious
18/9/21
You are right ! The case with the Serial number ending in Y2L3 is V2 and has the slanted crown guards. The crystal is V1 with the milky white crystal gasket. So its like combo of both version. I’ve heard lately a lot of these are now combos like this. The old CFs have a monkey on it yes and now Clean Factory (CF) has a new batch with a different sticker the Ultramar with letters OT CLEAN. So RD ? Should I ask my TD for a pure V2 ?
I wanted to write ... So RL or GL? Should I ask my TD for a pure V2 ?

Floradays

Horology Curious
21/1/22
Hi All,

I have a (hopefully) minor issue with the movement of this watch.

I bought my CF GMT in July and had it fully serviced upfront (and lightly frankened) by @Nikz19 (great guy, highly recommend!).

Since receiving it, I wear it approx. five times a week (office activities only) and it kept and still keeps good time. I have not tested the power reserve, but it seems more than appropriate (no need to wind it during the week, when I stop wearing it Friday evening, it stops at some point at Sunday).

However, few days ago, the movement (no, it is not the bracelet or the links) started making clicking/rattling noises when shaking the watch. It also got worse during the last days. I tried to catch it on a video, but it is significantly louder in real life and is also already caused by normal walking movements. https://imgur.com/a/HJZmHrE None of my other current watches (CF Daytona, GMF Datejust, GEN IWC Portuguese Chronograph) is making such clicking noises.

I have no watchsmith knowledge at all, but after research I assume that the oscillating weight has too much play and hits the case/movement (damaged axle rotor axle?). Is this issue slowly destroying the movement so that I should send it to @Nikz19 asking to cover that under his 1 year warranty? Or can I just learn to live with it (or at least try :D ) and have it fixed in a few years when service is due anyways?

Thanks and regards

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Hi All,

I have a (hopefully) minor issue with the movement of this watch.

I bought my CF GMT in July and had it fully serviced upfront (and lightly frankened) by @Nikz19 (great guy, highly recommend!).

Since receiving it, I wear it approx. five times a week (office activities only) and it kept and still keeps good time. I have not tested the power reserve, but it seems more than appropriate (no need to wind it during the week, when I stop wearing it Friday evening, it stops at some point at Sunday).

However, few days ago, the movement (no, it is not the bracelet or the links) started making clicking/rattling noises when shaking the watch. It also got worse during the last days. I tried to catch it on a video, but it is significantly louder in real life and is also already caused by normal walking movements. https://imgur.com/a/HJZmHrE None of my other current watches (CF Daytona, GMF Datejust, GEN IWC Portuguese Chronograph) is making such clicking noises.

I have no watchsmith knowledge at all, but after research I assume that the oscillating weight has too much play and hits the case/movement (damaged axle rotor axle?). Is this issue slowly destroying the movement so that I should send it to @Nikz19 asking to cover that under his 1 year warranty? Or can I just learn to live with it (or at least try :D ) and have it fixed in a few years when service is due anyways?

Thanks and regards
99% reversing wheels failure.

Reactions: AG91 and Floradays

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
Does anyone know if the clean ceramic insert will fit a gen bezel? I know the clean insert isn't press fit but not sure if that's due to the insert being undersized or the bezel oversized.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Does anyone know if the clean ceramic insert will fit a gen bezel? I know the clean insert isn't press fit but not sure if that's due to the insert being undersized or the bezel oversized.
This means the CF insert isn't a true 1:1
A big doubt that it can be press fitted onto the gen bezel though

danix84

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Guys, do you think it makes sense to change the DW with a gen one?
Is there any comparative photo? i couldn't find it

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Not high priority for me unless your DW is noticeably out of alignment

Reactions: danix84

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I have a CF with gen crystal and am very happy with the datewheel. Honestly I wouldn't invest in this as improvement would be marginal

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20
Ho una CF con gen crystal e sono molto soddisfatto del datawheel. Onestamente non investirei in questo perché il miglioramento sarebbe marginale
Sorry for ask, but for 126710 I found gen crystals for price around 600 euro, is it correct or do you have some connections to pay less? Thank you

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Sorry for ask, but for 126710 I found gen crystals for price around 600 euro, is it correct or do you have some connections to pay less? Thank you
That's too expensive. Check on m2m you should be able to find some for like 350€

Reactions: Gabriele75rn

danix84

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
IMO the most sensible upgrade is the click spring to resolve the CF's cranky bezel actions

Not high priority for me unless your DW is noticeably out of alignment

I have a CF with gen crystal and am very happy with the datewheel. Honestly I wouldn't invest in this as improvement would be marginal

Thank you!
I got a gen crystal today, I’m looking for a gen click spring but I don’t find anywhere 😔.
Anyone can help me?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
You don't need a gen. An aftermarket is already miles better than CF's
Don't forget to trim the metal washer too

rssid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/22
Thank you!
I got a gen crystal today, I’m looking for a gen click spring but I don’t find anywhere 😔.
Anyone can help me?

Try this much cheaper

Or msg this guy see if he still has stock

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
I was happy with the xtal until I put it side by side with my VSF Sub and suddenly it didn't look too great, what are people's recommendations for a xtal replacement on Clean Batman? Ideally I'd go gen but looking to see what else is out there? Anyone put a Prof xtal in their Batman/Batgirl?