• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Charalampos21

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
11/8/24
Greece
Now i can no longer unsee the short E....its a thing on the blackdial as well? Or am I seeing things?
hYpRKc.jpeg
I am like that always… when I see a flaw, I can’t unsee it unfortunately.

Reactions: eleventibillion

DJTony82

House Music All Night Loooong!
Certified
24/5/21
EU
Guys, the problem with the short E is really serious, I'm turning to one seller after another, everyone accepts my request but when they send me the photos they get the short E.

How can you get the correct model? Which seller(s) should I contact to avoid further waste of time? :eek:

ChaplinTz

Known Member
28/8/23
East Africa
Guys, the problem with the short E is really serious, I'm turning to one seller after another, everyone accepts my request but when they send me the photos they get the short E.

How can you get the correct model? Which seller(s) should I contact to avoid further waste of time? :eek:
Hey man, I got mine from Steve onewatch. I just specified, and said I'd wait. After QC it was delivered to NY in 3 days, and then another 2 weeks to Kenya via a forwarder

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Just talk to your TDs please, there is nothing (we) in this thread can do for you.

Just show them a blown up picture, CIRCLE the E and say "I want one of this one, updated model, please", and done. Again, any self respecting TD will do it for you.

I don't know how many "TDs" you're actually churning through but I doubt it's more than one.

If you're lazy, then wait 6 months, there will be no more shortened "E" Explorer 2s and you can buy freely without any worries.

eleventibillion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
21/9/20
NorCal
For me its not something I need a loupe to see, once you see it, goodluck ignoring it. I think it pops specifically on orange lettering on the Polar dial.

DJTony82

House Music All Night Loooong!
Certified
24/5/21
EU
In the meantime, when I least expect it, I get a QC of an Explorer without a short E! Wow!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Yes and please read the thread.

This thread is basically now just a "fix crown? check E for me please?" thread, not an actual discussion
Agreed. We need somebody to chime in and let us know if a gen bezel fits (and passes a pressure test). As far as I’m concerned, the only flaw remains is the curvature of the letters engraved on the bezel. That hasn’t stopped me from buying one of these (currently inbound).

Also, I’m curious what people are doing with bracelet / strap options for their explorer 2s… has anybody swapped on a nice aftermarket strap? I feel like the explorer 2 allows a lot of good sporty options. I’m thinking of a Rubber B white/orange curved end oysterflex style thing.

Or the orange saffino leather one from Liger:

I went with a polar dial, so I have to use my imagination on what these options would look like with a different dial in the pics.

A strap I like but can’t seem to find anywhere is this black / white check pattern I saw in an article on Bulang. But I can’t find anywhere that sells it or something similar.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Agreed. We need somebody to chime in and let us know if a gen bezel fits (and passes a pressure test). As far as I’m concerned, the only flaw remains is the curvature of the letters engraved on the bezel. That hasn’t stopped me from buying one of these (currently inbound).

Also, I’m curious what people are doing with bracelet / strap options for their explorer 2s… has anybody swapped on a nice aftermarket strap? I feel like the explorer 2 allows a lot of good sporty options. I’m thinking of a Rubber B white/orange curved end oysterflex style thing.

Or the orange saffino leather one from Liger:

I went with a polar dial, so I have to use my imagination on what these options would look like with a different dial in the pics.

A strap I like but can’t seem to find anywhere is this black / white check pattern I saw in an article on Bulang. But I can’t find anywhere that sells it or something similar.

CTime offers a replica Rubber B that fits with the Clean Explorer 2 if you want to check it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/1ev6zkf