• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

centrum

27/7/14
Yesterday I received my clean explorer, well..

What can I say, a big improvement in the movement compared to the GMF and overall excellent quality as usual with Clean watches!

Very nice. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but are the black paints on the markers matt as the gen or glossy?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger since it got an update on the crown and the E printing on the dial.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

DJTony82

House Music All Night Loooong!
Certified
24/5/21
EU
They are glossy and more rounded. The last step for clean to fix.
This is something that interests me much less, the It's wrong of the orange Explorer writing was much more evident. Just like the bezel, in my opinion you can live with it all in all.

Reactions: Jossé

patek_with_sellita

Getting To Know The Place
10/8/24
This is something that interests me much less, the It's wrong of the orange Explorer writing was much more evident. Just like the bezel, in my opinion you can live with it all in all.
Or just change everything and make it just as close to gen as possible. They are capable to do it. Setting a high standard would open more eyes to others that are interested in their products. I hate when people are saying you can live with it. You can obviously live with it but wouldn’t it be cool if it was somewhat perfect (yes there is no perfect replica just the one you prefer).

Reactions: centrum

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Or just change everything and make it just as close to gen as possible. They are capable to do it. Setting a high standard would open more eyes to others that are interested in their products. I hate when people are saying you can live with it. You can obviously live with it but wouldn’t it be cool if it was somewhat perfect (yes there is no perfect replica just the one you prefer).
I don't think they will ever make this change. I think they're just realistic at what you can achieve for $550-600. These kind of details have diminishing returns and cost more to execute.

Reactions: Valaj and Jossé

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
If someone wants to try a gmf bezel I have one for sale in the m2m section. I was planning to buy a clean explorer and install the gmf bezel because the text looks better, but I changed project

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Unfortunately the C$30 AliExpress 22mm SELs I bought don’t quite fit with enough space around the springbar hole to allow me to install the oysterflex. Which is too bad since otherwise they fit quite nicely. I suspect somebody with a belt sander with a roller of the right size (~40mm diameter wheel to match case curvature) might be able to remove 0.5mm of meat from the curved edge to give enough freeboard, but that’s north something I have on hand… actually I just thought of a way I could do this… (sometimes you need to actually write why something can’t be done to slow down and realize how it can).

Of note: the 22mm oysterflex strap I bough (the 48+70mm combo) is great but just slightly too small for my 17.5cm (~7 freedom-units) wrist. I’m gonna order the 60mm + 70mm combo. The fins on the oysterflex that keep the bulk of the rubber off your wrist mean you need a slightly larger size than you think. But those fins are wonderful for not getting that clammy feeling that rubber straps sometimes give you (I live in a temperate rainforest — everything here is always damp).

Reactions: Jossé and Reaps

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Finally arrived. Awesome watch
IMG-0337.jpg

Hypebulltoro

Rolex and Tudor Fan
22/8/23
Hi guys! I have a GMF explorer II polar, one of their newest versions, and I now have a CF Explorer II polar ordered. I have a gen xtal that I was going to put on the GMF but now I will use it on the clean.

I'm going to franken these watches into a better rep.

Gen parts: xtal, setting lever, and jumper for setting lever, and most likely date wheel from a modder here

I think someone asked this earlier in the thread but no real answer was given. With the gen xtal in mind, what do you guys think would make the best combo? DD3285 will be used.

Bezel...
Crown...
Bracelet...
Dial...
Case...
Hands...
Rehaut....

jkru12

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
9/9/16
Anyone know where I could buy links compatible with this bracelet? I've asked several TDs and they said the factory won't sell them, I'd have to buy a whole second bracelet at about 1/4 the cost of the watch...

john442

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/4/10
The Cold Canadian North
Anyone know where I could buy links compatible with this bracelet? I've asked several TDs and they said the factory won't sell them, I'd have to buy a whole second bracelet at about 1/4 the cost of the watch...
I would probably just put a "WTB" in the exchange, there is gonna be some smaller wristed guys that removed one or 2.
Cheers

Reactions: jkru12 and Reaps