• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

oh58chrisn

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/3/24
No it’s not. That’s what you think. In sunlight/light it’s obvious. This is the previous version of the explorer II. That’s the first thing I saw when the release pictures came out.
Same to me! It’s too obvious. Had the 226570 GEN on the wrist at my AD, was sold already, and the flat and matt indices are very dominant.

Reactions: patek_with_sellita

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
ho2l4E.jpeg

ho2Q12.jpeg
I am sure @CTime and CEO of Clean cant sleep because auf "Donut markers".

Man this release is such a great rep!
Sometimes people get to picky imo

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I am sure @CTime and CEO of Clean cant sleep because auf "Donut markers".

Man this release is such a great rep!
Sometimes people get to picky imo
I honestly must say at the beginning i did not like this model as I always thought its an "old mens watch" since I saw it on Sylt, island of the rich in north Germany a few years ago in wildlife.
But in all my rep career I must say this is the replica which brings me most joy of them all - and we are easy talking 3digits here. Those pics are stock, never regulated or so.

Last edited:

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
I honestly must say at the beginning i did not like this model as I always thought its an "old mens watch" since I saw it on Sylt, island of the rich in north Germany a few years ago in wildlife.
But in all my rep career I must say this is the replica which brings me most joy of them all - and we are easy talking 3digits here. Those pics are stock, never regulated or so.

There's something about both the size and weight that's just perfect with this one, it feels absolutely wonderful on the wrist.

• Love
Reactions: black69 and Reaps

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
There's something about both the size and weight that's just perfect with this one, it feels absolutely wonderful on the wrist.
It's basically how thin it is. The caseback doesn't protude very far out so it sits comfortably on wrist despite being one of the larger Rolex models. It's the same thickness of the Submariner, but the Submariner has thickness in it's caseback, the Explorer 2 has a thinner one. Compare the two side by side if you have one and it's pretty obvious.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
It’s also unique in that it’s the only Rolex model that has “ sunburst “ vertical brushing on bezel. I think it’s why they didn’t go ceramic bezel (brushed or not) on EXP II. It’s a signature design of this model.

Air4TK

Known Member
2/8/24
Hey my friends,

After all these troubles and delays, here it finally comes the Explorer II with DD3285 on both black and white!

Let’s welcome our two beauties~~~

The main point of this model is the newest movement now, it’s the same as GMT II but bigger in size, the date position is also slightly different. And you know we’ve been working on this model for a long while, because it’s a not-so-popular model compared to others, most movement factories(especially Dandong) wouldn’t spend their energy on it. Clean has talked to them many times to get this movement done for us, don’t miss the chance to order it.

When we think about the older Explorer II 216570, the most obvious difference is the thinner bezel font like the black one from Gen in the pictures(this piece is old), and the white Gen is the latest version. Other than the crown on the dial and the case shape, the diameter from 226570 is the same as 216570.

All in all, Clean Explorer II is what we are looking for even in the whole Rolex collection. I’ve always thought there were something missing before Clean’s version, now we finally have this baby, I will be satisfied for a while haha.

And the black one:

That's all for now, we will take pre-orders untill the first release(around in 2-3 weeks), please contact our WhatsApp for more details.

Ctime

Edit: Clean has corrected the 'fat' crown and short 'E' on the dial, here add some pictures for the latest batch

Thanks for the amazing comparison.
Explorer II is a stunning watch.

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
For those who bought it. How is the quality of the crystal of this replica?
I’m by no means an expert on the subject, but in my opinion it’s surprisingly good. Not as good as my BTF 116500 Panda, but on par with the VSF Sub.

Reactions: Reaps