• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

patek_with_sellita

Getting To Know The Place
10/8/24
Bro, how often do you look at your watches under a magnifying glass? This is literally impossible to notice during regular use.
No it’s not. That’s what you think. In sunlight/light it’s obvious. This is the previous version of the explorer II. That’s the first thing I saw when the release pictures came out.

Reactions: oh58chrisn

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
No it’s not. That’s what you think. In sunlight/light it’s obvious. This is the previous version of the explorer II. That’s the first thing I saw when the release pictures came out.
I’m not arguing that there’s a flaw, but I’m literally sitting here with the watch on my wrist right now and can’t see what you’re talking about. Macro shots are one thing, reality is another.

patek_with_sellita

Getting To Know The Place
10/8/24
I’m not arguing that there’s a flaw, but I’m literally sitting here with the watch on my wrist right now and can’t see what you’re talking about. Macro shots are one thing, reality is another.
It depends on the light. It’s easier to spot in sunlight or in brighter conditions. I’m here commenting to improve it further. Small things matter also and that elevates it to the ultimate product.

Reactions: oh58chrisn

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Funny example of tolerances & what ya see, ya can't unsee.

But equally as important, if ya don't see, ya don't see :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Was talking to a good buddy recently bout this release and he was talking about the short E, my mistake to ask what he was talking about 🤷‍♂️

I sent this:

In my naievity, I thought all the talk was about the E in RolEx and thought, that's not too bad, not a deal breaker for me, looks like a lovely watch, and said so (but didn't say RolEx)

He said, & paraphrasing using kinder words, I'm blind and I'm never sending you QC :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then I twigged it was the E in ExplorEr & we both had a nice chuckle at my expense, deservedly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So I guess the saying is true, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

They have since corrected afaik, but we all have to remember we are talking about paying 3-5% of the value of their genuine counterpart, so to expect 100% replication/accuracy is delusional.

To each their own, all I know is that I don't have a loupe or magnifying glass round my neck, and my sight is 20/20, nor am I trying to impress anyone but myself, so it's only my opinion that counts.

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Funny example of tolerances & what ya see, ya can't unsee.

But equally as important, if ya don't see, ya don't see :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Was talking to a good buddy recently bout this release and he was talking about the short E, my mistake to ask what he was talking about 🤷‍♂️

I sent this:

In my naievity, I thought all the talk was about the E in RolEx and thought, that's not too bad, not a deal breaker for me, looks like a lovely watch, and said so (but didn't say RolEx)

He said, & paraphrasing using kinder words, I'm blind and I'm never sending you QC :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then I twigged it was the E in ExplorEr & we both had a nice chuckle at my expense, deservedly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So I guess the saying is true, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

They have since corrected afaik, but we all have to remember we are talking about paying 3-5% of the value of their genuine counterpart, so to expect 100% replication/accuracy is delusional.

To each their own, all I know is that I don't have a loupe or magnifying glass round my neck, and my sight is 20/20, nor am I trying to impress anyone but myself, so it's only my opinion that counts.
100% all of this!

I like the sentence Steve includes at the end of all his comparisons, “There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer”.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Placed my order. As they say: there’s no perfect rep, just the rep that you prefer. I went with the polar. Looking forward to staying above 40mph this ski season, or skiing in powder so deep nobody will be able to see my left wrist:

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Think the marker issue is the most overblown of all the "issues" we see. Speaking from someone who has owned, worn and enjoyed the rep for 5 days and got to see the real a few times during that time. If it's a serious bother then a gen dial should be the next step for the person.

Rather they spend the effort to perfect the bezel.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
The font on the bezel doesn’t look as bold as from Clean, it looks like gen. Is this from Clean?
I believe that's his custom build, GMF case/bezel with Clean internals

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
The font on the bezel doesn’t look as bold as from Clean, it looks like gen. Is this from Clean?
- C+F Case, bezel, and bracelet.
- Gen crown
- Gen DW
- Gen crystal
- Gen balance complete
- Gen Barrel + MS
- Serviced DD3285 (date plate diameter had to be very slightly shaved to fit the C+ case)
- CF dial + hands

Last edited:

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
Placed my order. As they say: there’s no perfect rep, just the rep that you prefer. I went with the polar. Looking forward to staying above 40mph this ski season, or skiing in powder so deep nobody will be able to see my left wrist:

or get yourself a bigger gloves to cover the Polar