• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126600 Seadweller July 2024 Release!

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22

Mine is not big as well, this is how mine looks with a 114060. So I think you will be fine with a 43mm.
Damn that looks good on you. Yeah, I think I'll reevaluate, because I really do love the Seadweller....

I think you can handle it.

Martin Luther King Jr Protest GIF by GIPHY News

Funnily enough I'm comfortable wearing IWC 3777 and AP42mm ROOs but I'm hesitating on the SD43 hahaha

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Damn that looks good on you. Yeah, I think I'll reevaluate, because I really do love the Seadweller....

Martin Luther King Jr Protest GIF by GIPHY News

Funnily enough I'm comfortable wearing IWC 3777 and AP42mm ROOs but I'm hesitating on the SD43 hahaha
I have a 377717 too, maybe the bezel is slim, so the watch doesn't look that big until you put it side by side with a Sub etc.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
I saw a lady wear a 116600 Seadweller today. And I thought, if this small wristed lady has the balls to wear a Seadweller, than I should say fuck it and get this SD43. Order placed and will let y'all know when I get QC and if anything stands out,

grayknight

Do not accept unsolicited offers
18/7/24
Die Kritik an der VSF kann ich nicht nachvollziehen. Hier ein paar Fotos - eben bei praller Sonne aufgenommen. Auch die Bandanstöße finde ich hervorragend. Aber gut - es ist die neuste Serie von VSF. Die erste Serie kenne ich nicht.

Hi Steve, thanks for the pix. These look really good.
I'm ordering a VSF from a TD based on ur great pix!
One question though, I see in my QC pic the bezel alignment is not 100% correct, eg. the pip triangle vs the triangle and minute marks on the dial at 12.
It seems from these pics yours also has this issue. Or is it just because of the angle?

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
I would say it is both centered and fits well. As with all Cleans, VSF, etc., you have minimal play in the bezel. So it may be a tenth of a millimeter, depending on the position in the photos. But I'm very happy with the bezel position in everyday use.

Reactions: grayknight

grayknight

18/7/24
I would say it is both centered and fits well. As with all Cleans, VSF, etc., you have minimal play in the bezel. So it may be a tenth of a millimeter, depending on the position in the photos. But I'm very happy with the bezel position in everyday use.
Thanks! Just got mine from TD.
VSF indeed has fixed the date mag issue (at least in my batch). Everything I worried about turned out to be all right. Very happy about it.

Alex1118

30/8/24
I am going to order one of these from Andrew. How much different does it wear than a 42 mm submariner?

Reaps

25/9/22
I am going to order one of these from Andrew. How much different does it wear than a 42 mm submariner?

You're welcome and you should probably google before asking the question

Reactions: Jossé

Alex1118

30/8/24

You're welcome and you should probably google before asking the question
God forbid I ask for the direct opinions of others before I plunk down $500 to someone I will never speak to or meet on the other side of the world

Reaps

25/9/22
God forbid I ask for the direct opinions of others before I plunk down $500 to someone I will never speak to or meet on the other side of the world
Well if you scrolled back 3 pages we discussed this exact same thing about my wrist, the differences between the sub and the seadweller in terms of wearability, so yes I will roast you for not reading this thread, being lazy, and not using Google.

Alex1118

30/8/24
Well if you scrolled back 3 pages we discussed this exact same thing about my wrist, the differences between the sub and the seadweller in terms of wearability, so yes I will roast you for not reading this thread, being lazy, and not using Google.
We are on a forum talking about fake watches LOL. Take a deep breath and consider taking yourself less seriously. I used the search feature through google and it brought me well into the thread for some reason. I just missed it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jossé

Reaps

25/9/22
We are on a forum talking about fake watches LOL. Take a deep breath and consider taking yourself less seriously. I used the search feature through google and it brought me well into the thread for some reason. I just missed it.
Dog What GIF by MOODMAN

If the forum was filled with posts like yours then it wouldn't be very useful now would it. Hope you can contribute to the forum in a meaningful manner in the future.

Have fun and if you get the Clean Seadweller, post pictures. Let's put it behind us.

Reaps

25/9/22
Got mine in hand today. Again, it's classic Clean, looks really good, maybe a little bit weak on some of the mechanical aspects of the watch. But it looks goddamn fantastic.

Reactions: Jossé and Alex1118

Reaps

25/9/22
An interesting thing to note. The model only comes with 4 links to deattach, + the diver's extension. I guess the diver's extension acts as an extra 2 link length, but just a word of caution. For me I have smaller wrists so removing the diver's extension makes no issue to me, but for those with bigger wrists, removing the dive extension to make it wear comfortable may not make the watch fit.

Reaps

25/9/22
Quick and dirty first impressions

From a QC aspect, I see a few things that weren't that noticeable (this is me nit picking)

The pip is centered to the right
The top left SEL is uneven
Bezel is not aligned perfectly

From a review perspective :
New VR3235 is smooth and has no issues. Crisp winding and date setting. Crown action good.
Bracelet glidelock is smooth, no issues, diver extension's also works easily
Bezel has a small amount of backplay (as with most Clean, inferior to VSF), probably can be resolved w new click springs or something.