• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126600 Seadweller July 2024 Release!

guybythelake

13/7/14

This is how a Sub 41 wears on my wrist. The SD43 is bigger already. So I know it wouldn't fit very well on me.

But I also wear 44mm Panerai and 43mm watches (IWC3777, Worldtimer) all the time with barely any issue.

Debating, debating, sigh
If you want more presence without the size, then try GMT MASTER II. It is accually a little thinner than Submariner but looks bigger and more robust.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
If you want more presence without the size, then try GMT MASTER II. It is accually a little thinner than Submariner but looks bigger and more robust.
I own that, and I also own the Explorer 2 lol

I think I might go with the SD43 but switch it to a Rubber B as a compromise. Kind of like Rolex's version of a Planet Ocean Deep.

Reaps

25/9/22
Here's some comparison pictures from the same dealer QC to compare. @guybythelake you may be right about the cases being the same, and clean did modifications

Here's what I can see.

1. Different date mag, VSF too big, Clean looks correct
  2. Pip looks different between the two
  3. Both have different clasp serials
  4. Both watch serials start with the same code 2K6
  5. Crystal on VSF seems ever slightly better.

Also it seems that VSF/XF also have "rounded date windows".

guybythelake

13/7/14
Here's some comparison pictures from the same dealer QC to compare. @guybythelake you may be right about the cases being the same, and clean did modifications

Here's what I can see.

1. Different date mag, VSF too big, Clean looks correct
  2. Pip looks different between the two
  3. Both have different clasp serials
  4. Both watch serials start with the same code 2K6
  5. Crystal on VSF seems ever slightly better.

Also it seems that VSF/XF also have "rounded date windows".
Good comparison I don't recall saying they use the same case but I think very possible. Also very possible they may be using same suppliers for other parts.

I think VSF fixed the date window mag issue on the latest batches according to
@Steve McGarrett pic posted earlier but I haven't seen it in person. I had to change the crystal on my VSF SD43 because of this issue, but the oroginal VSF crystal was nice quality just wrong mag.

I see the pips on both bezels are not 100% accurate, VSF looks a little better? Maybe.

Reaps

25/9/22
Good comparison I don't recall saying they use the same case but I think very possible. Also very possible they may be using same suppliers for other parts.

I think VSF fixed the date window mag issue on the latest batches according to
@Steve McGarrett pic posted earlier but I haven't seen it in person. I had to change the crystal on my VSF SD43 because of this issue, but the oroginal VSF crystal was nice quality just wrong mag.

I see the pips on both bezels are not 100% accurate, VSF looks a little better? Maybe.

The VS pictures are from this month so I doubt there's any fix.

Reaps

25/9/22
If anyone could post their Seadweller pictures next to a IWC3777 or Pam 111 it would be much appreciated. Thanks. Those are the two "largest" watches I can handle on my wrist so I want to see what it's like in comparison. Thanks in advance again.

Reaps

25/9/22
Hate the pip on the Clean.
Hate the rounded date window corners on the VSF.

Same shit every time. :confused:

I don't think pip is that bad. Maybe in the photos I posted the angle makes it look bad but in this comparison with gen it looks fine. Not 100% the same but barely noticeable. It lacks a little bit of 3D shape to it compared to gen, but the ring around the pip is a little better than VS I think.

Reaps

25/9/22
Sad but it seems this model isn't very popular

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
I don't think pip is that bad. Maybe in the photos I posted the angle makes it look bad but in this comparison with gen it looks fine. Not 100% the same but barely noticeable. It lacks a little bit of 3D shape to it compared to gen, but the ring around the pip is a little better than VS I think.

It's a matter of picking your poison. What defects you can live with. The pip on the Clean would irritate the sh*t out of me, same as curved date window on the VSF.

Sad but it seems this model isn't very popular
Because the watch is a chunky monkey, too big and top heavy for most wrists.

I know the SD43 would also be too big for me, and it would not get much wrist time. At same time, I like the watch and would love to add it to the collection.

But first they need to fix these flaws (and introduce some new ones).

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
It's a matter of picking your poison. What defects you can live with. The pip on the Clean would irritate the sh*t out of me, same as curved date window on the VSF.

Because the watch is a chunky monkey, too big and top heavy for most wrists.

I know the SD43 would also be too big for me, and it would not get much wrist time. At same time, I like the watch and would love to add it to the collection.

But first they need to fix these flaws (and introduce some new ones).
Yes I'm coming to terms that maybe I want the watch because of the feeling it gives me, rather than anything else....

peterpl

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
DW mag on the VSF is messed up badly. Its like 4 x zoom. LOL

Mr-Rolex

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/7/13
Like others have mentioned, the SEL issue is bothersome. While not gap, seems to be all watches coming from Clean and VSF suffer from uneven SEL's. Which is a shame considering how well they are doing replicating other parts of the watch/ movements.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Like others have mentioned, the SEL issue is bothersome. While not gap, seems to be all watches coming from Clean and VSF suffer from uneven SEL's. Which is a shame considering how well they are doing replicating other parts of the watch/ movements.
Yeah that was a deal breaker for me as well.

Reaps

25/9/22
Sad but I guess I'm gonna pick up the Ti Yachtmaster instead of the Seadweller....

• Sad
Reactions: asusundevils1971

Reaps

25/9/22
This is what deterred me from it : the high caseback. The lug to lug I can handle but the high caseback will blow the wearing experience out of the water for a small wrist guy like me :

• Wow
Reactions: Jossé

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
This is what deterred me from it : the high caseback. The lug to lug I can handle but the high caseback will blow the wearing experience out of the water for a small wrist guy like me :

Oh I have a gen and I love it. For my it's a well balanced watch, despite a tall caseback, that looks much nicer than a sub and not as thick as a deepsea. The rep on the other hand has been a disappointment.

Reaps

25/9/22
Oh I have a gen and I love it. For my it's a well balanced watch, despite a tall caseback, that looks much nicer than a sub and not as thick as a deepsea. The rep on the other hand has been a disappointment.

This is how a Sub 41 wears on my wrist. The SD43 is bigger already. So I know it wouldn't fit very well on me.

But I also wear 44mm Panerai and 43mm watches (IWC3777, Worldtimer) all the time with barely any issue.

Debating, debating, sigh

Do you think I could handle the watch or nah?