• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126600 Seadweller July 2024 Release!

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
Here is a pic of my 2023 gen now sold showing the dial in bright light. Hope it helps.
h2Du1I.jpeg

Reactions: cotti-rottie

harvey-ridge

Got me a sweet sweet badge
Supporter
Certified
19/12/23
UK
In all the pictures in bright sunshine you seem to get glare lines off the hour markers on the underside of the crystal. Maybe just the camera picks them up more than the eye. The gen one doesn’t have this in pics. Would you say that this is the case to naked eye ?

tbandy

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/6/21
USA
Humm you can not compare the quality of a Gen crystal and the rep that is why.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Did anyone order this already?

As XF is no longer available, I think this could be an option. Just like to hear how it compares.
I don't know about that, XF/VSF is still making the Seadweller. XF is the same as VSF they're just an "offshoot" company but basically the same.

Here's the VSF/XF thread

For me, I'm not a super expert in the Seadweller, so I can't comment, but the only thing I can think that Clean can beat VSF in is the dial printing, which, Clean has always done excellently.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
In all the pictures in bright sunshine you seem to get glare lines off the hour markers on the underside of the crystal. Maybe just the camera picks them up more than the eye. The gen one doesn’t have this in pics. Would you say that this is the case to naked eye ?
Gen from 2018 onwards has AR on the underside of the crystal. That eliminates the reflections of the hands and indices bouncing around underneath it.

Reactions: Uhr70

guybythelake

13/7/14
Die Kritik an der VSF kann ich nicht nachvollziehen. Hier ein paar Fotos - eben bei praller Sonne aufgenommen. Auch die Bandanstöße finde ich hervorragend. Aber gut - es ist die neuste Serie von VSF. Die erste Serie kenne ich nicht.

I have a VS 126600 SD43, dial is good, overall fell and quality is good, the mag on crystal was like 3.5 times, and the SELs were overly pronounced. I had to change the crystal and fix the SELS. But the newer VSF SD43s look much better. But most importantly. After seeing SD43 in AD and other store and in the wild, the VSF insert is very weak. I don't know if the numerals are not deep enough, or the font not wide or big enough but the watch looks faded. Which I also had to replace the insert. I hope Clean Factory fixes that with a decent bezel insert since they make decent inserts.

Reactions: Reaps

Hasi1

Getting To Know The Place
5/8/24
I cannot understand the criticism of the VSF. Here are a few photos - taken in bright sunshine. I also think the lugs are excellent. But hey - it is the latest series from VSF. I don't know the first series.

<English only please outside of the German sub forum>

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
Everything improved- The glass has the right height, the backplay is low and completely acceptable, the rehaut is very well lightly polished like gen.

• Love
Reactions: Hasi1

Hasi1

5/8/24
Everything improved- The glass has the right height, the backplay is low and completely acceptable, the rehaut is very well lightly polished like gen.
Meinst du, diese Änderungen wird es auch bei der Submariner von VSF geben?

• Haha
Reactions: domiffm

Hasi1

5/8/24
Stop posting in German outside of the German sub forum.

My bad, I just answered in German because the his post was in German as well. Won’t happen again.

I was just wondering if you can expect the same changes being made for the latest VSF submariner. Since the glass height, the look of the (unpolished) rehaut and the back play were the only "flaws" of the VSF sub. And the sea dweller that was posted looks like all of that improved significantly.

guybythelake

13/7/14
My bad, I just answered in German because the his post was in German as well. Won’t happen again.

I was just wondering if you can expect the same changes being made for the latest VSF submariner. Since the glass height, the look of the (unpolished) rehaut and the back play were the only "flaws" of the VSF sub. And the sea dweller that was posted looks like all of that improved significantly.
The biggest problem with VSF is the bezel insert is VERY POOR! It makes the watch look faded and poor.

Reactions: Hasi1

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Sharp looking watch. May have to pick one of these up.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Here's some pictures for you to help

Here's some pictures for you to help

It looks just like the newer VSF with fixed crystal. Unfourtunatly the bazel insert also looks very similar if not identical to VSF as well. Clean can peoduce a near perfect submariner and daytona bezel insert but can not even come close to a SD43 bezel insert while ARF was making much better ones years ago. Come on Clean Factory!

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
It looks just like the newer VSF with fixed crystal. Unfourtunatly the bazel insert also looks very similar if not identical to VSF as well. Clean can peoduce a near perfect submariner and daytona bezel insert but can not even come close to a SD43 bezel insert while ARF was making much better ones years ago. Come on Clean Factory!
Nope

Apparently the reason the HEV valve looks different to VS is because, I was told, it's "gen like construction" aka an actual "functioning" HEV valve

guybythelake

13/7/14
Nope

Apparently the reason the HEV valve looks different to VS is because, I was told, it's "gen like construction" aka an actual "functioning" HEV valve
That is good to hear because I also remember having and issue with VSF valve leaking and had to put some silicone grease to fix it.

BTW thanks for posting the pics.

I probibly sound a little obsessed with the insert... lol... but it makes a big difference and I was excited about the clean SD43.

Reactions: Reaps