• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126600 Seadweller July 2024 Release!

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
That is good to hear because I also remember having and issue with VSF valve leaking and had to put some silicone grease to fix it.

BTW thanks for posting the pics.

I probibly sound a little obsessed with the insert... lol... but it makes a big difference and I was excited about the clean SD43.
I agree with you that the insert is important, it's a big part of the watch,

It looks like they are using a similar insert to the VS, probably the same supplier, which is a shame, but c'est la vie

Reactions: m5smg2

Reaps

25/9/22
Some things that were pointed out that I think is fair :

1) The pip is slightly different, gen is a little more 3D
2) The date window is wrong on Clean vs Gen, Clean is rounded, Gen is sharp corners
3) Bezel engraving slightly deeper on gen vs rep

Other than that, great job Clean, but I think it's a neck and neck between XF and Clean for this model right now

guybythelake

13/7/14
Some things that were pointed out that I think is fair :

1) The pip is slightly different, gen is a little more 3D
2) The date window is wrong on Clean vs Gen, Clean is rounded, Gen is sharp corners
3) Bezel engraving slightly deeper on gen vs rep

Other than that, great job Clean, but I think it's a neck and neck between XF and Clean for this model right now
Great post! One addition: The engravings of numbers and markers on VSF are also smaller.

Reactions: 0ffcamber

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
You are an eagle Eye, bro!

BTW - the engravings from Clean / VSF seems more exactly / accurate / finer! :ROFLMAO:

guybythelake

13/7/14
You are an eagle Eye, bro!

BTW - the engravings from Clean / VSF seems more exactly / accurate / finer! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the complement! And sorry I used VSF and Clean interchangebly. The reason the gen bezel inserts look not so sharp is their manufacturing process, the edges of the numerals has a slight bevel and this does give extra being.

But believe me when I say Clean or VSF bezel does not look anything like a gen bezel. in the wild you would instantly tell there is something wrong with that rep watch. I wish Clean made a decent bezel for this, I really do. What a disappointment. I would expect a Clean Submariner quality bezel on a 500 dollar rep.

It is all these suddle little things that add up and, maybe our brain process them individually in the background but at the end we know the quality is not there. They gotta do better that AAA+++ stuff.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Now, let's look at the SELs side by side from the comparison pics. This is same issue VSF suffered from.

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
Oha.... there's a lot of space at Clean. I took a look at my SELs under iPhone magnification - looks much better - but it's also the latest generation VSF, not the older one.

I'm curious to see the first live photos - how Clean manages the thick glass with the magnifying glass. This is often a weak point of Clean.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Oha.... there's a lot of space at Clean. I took a look at my SELs under iPhone magnification - looks much better - but it's also the latest generation VSF, not the older one.

I'm curious to see the first live photos - how Clean manages the thick glass with the magnifying glass. This is often a weak point of Clean.
I am surprised that VSF is not advertising as SD43 V2. Because they definitely fixed the crystal and the SELs.

I just don't think Clean is any better than VSF. I also don't know how gray is the Clean dial under sun/bright light but VSF is pretty good. If I had to choose right now, I would go with a new batch of VSF over Clean but that is just my opinion.

But if Clean can tighten up the SELs and make a decent insert, than that would be a different story!

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I am surprised that VSF is not advertising as SD43 V2. Because they definitely fixed the crystal and the SELs.

I just don't think Clean is any better than VSF. I also don't know how gray is the Clean dial under sun/bright light but VSF is pretty good. If I had to choose right now, I would go with a new batch of VSF over Clean but that is just my opinion.

But if Clean can tighten up the SELs and make a decent insert, than that would be a different story!
Crown is a easy fix (i guess its on purpose, to legitimate v3.
Inserat same, i mean they make best inserts on the market, INHOUSE, and also VSF are their customers afaik when it comes to insert.
SEL batch will tell, maybe its a monday watch and/or just the sample.

Looki g forwars to the first QCs

Reaps

25/9/22

Honestly, my wrist can barely handle the Sub 41, and I know this watch is a little too big for me, but I really really like it. Something about it speaks to me, and the HEV valve is functioning, and it really does speak to me more as an engineer. It's pure "tool" watch.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
I have had my SD43 for just over a year and you can really feel it on the wrist after a full day of wearing it but it does give a little bit of a different look from a Sub41 date or no date.

It's a really enjoyable watch to wear but not something I would want to wear as a daily driver.

Last edited:

Reaps

25/9/22
I have had my SD43 for just over a year and you can really feel it on the wrist after a full day of wearing it but it does give a little bit of a different look from a Sub41 date or no date.

It's a really enjoyable watch to wear but not something I would want to wear as a daily driver.

This is how a Sub 41 wears on my wrist. The SD43 is bigger already. So I know it wouldn't fit very well on me.

But I also wear 44mm Panerai and 43mm watches (IWC3777, Worldtimer) all the time with barely any issue.

Debating, debating, sigh

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
Yeah a Sub41 is 46.7mm lug to lug and the SD43 is 50mm.

Your Subs lugs are touching the edge of your wrist in the pic so add another 2 plus mm to that. Can always buy it and try it out for a bit and if it doesn't grow on you, it can passed on to another member in M2M or a family member.

guybythelake

13/7/14

Crown is a easy fix (i guess its on purpose, to legitimate v3.
Inserat same, i mean they make best inserts on the market, INHOUSE, and also VSF are their customers afaik when it comes to insert.
SEL batch will tell, maybe its a monday watch and/or just the sample.

Looki g forwars to the first QCs
I agree that Clean makes the best Submariner and Daytona inserts today. The pic below is Clean insert from your post vs Gen insert. If you do not see a gen, then you will be ok with the Clean insert but when you see one, and not even neccesarily next to rep, then it is impossible to unsee how weak the job Clean did on these SD43 inserts.