• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

Sakul12349

29/3/23
DENMARK
Me and my buddy @snaes decided to have a local replica conference. The main topic was a scientific comparison between the CF V3 116500 and the CF 126500. The 116500 has a gen crystal. He had a Cuba Libre and I had some pear juice. Judging by the quality of the photos I took, one could think that the waitress slipped a triple shot of rum into my innocent beverage 😁

@Therion666 do you agree that the mew CF 126500 crystal is very gen-like (95% or something)? I compared my panda to a gen panda, and I think that the crystal is extremely similar - both in low light, indirect light, and direct light

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
@Therion666 do you agree that the mew CF 126500 crystal is very gen-like (95% or something)? I compared my panda to a gen panda, and I think that the crystal is extremely similar - both in low light, indirect light, and direct light
Yeah, just as I mentioned in another post - I feel zero need to upgrade, it's almost exactly the same. Some people may see a significant difference and naturally some of them will feel the need to get a gen crystal. I'd personally could never ever justify spending that much for such a minute difference.

Sakul12349

29/3/23
DENMARK
Yeah, just as I mentioned in another post - I feel zero need to upgrade, it's almost exactly the same. Some people may see a significant difference and naturally some of them will feel the need to get a gen crystal. I'd personally could never ever justify spending that much for such a minute difference.
Totally agree. And if crystal should be updated, then I think that gen is the only way to go as deep is way too clear (I know some people prefer this over gen-look) :)

Reactions: Therion666

Luca_1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
17/1/24
Germany
KkH3wL.jpeg

After viewing all the pictures in this thread I eventually got weak and pulled the trigger... but I do not regret it at all. It really is the best Daytona rep I ever laid hands on!

Bobi01

2/2/19
KkH3wL.jpeg

After viewing all the pictures in this thread I eventually got weak and pulled the trigger... but I do not regret it at all. It really is the best Daytona rep I ever laid hands on!
Congrats man and i feel you about no regretion 😉
Could you send your qc pics or some more direct dial pics? I would like to see something…

Reactions: m5smg2 and Luca_1

Bobi01

2/2/19
KkaXx4.png

Kki2AL.jpeg

Sure, here is a QC pic of the Dial, I could also take one up closer later :)
Edit: Added a direct dial pic
Thanks bro
Extremly good sample, hands down to clean for such quality control of the most of samples
Enjoy it

Reactions: Luca_1 and m5smg2

Bobi01

2/2/19
KkXIqv.jpeg

Clean 126500 full stock.. I still waiting for new one that I order with deep crystal installed, will see which one I like most and then maybe sell the other one.
Dont get me wrong mate but I dont know what do you want from crystal to do more than this hahaha this is f…ing crystal clear in low light, deep will be less genlike in my opinion because of zero reflections

Sakul12349

29/3/23
DENMARK
Dont get me wrong mate but I dont know what do you want from crystal to do more than this hahaha this is f…ing crystal clear in low light, deep will be less genlike in my opinion because of zero reflections
I totally agree. I really like the deep crystal on my 116 panda due to the clarity, but it is the least gen-like rep crystal I have seen. Rolex crystals are pretty cloudy and reflective

Reactions: Bobi01

Morg77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/21
To be honest, I don't care about Gen like crystal.. When I compare my new clean 126500 panda and my BTF panda, the clarity difference so obvious.. I prefer the btf look of crystal even it's not closed to gen

Reactions: aHero

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Since I was lucky to buy the beautiful Daytona from @Therion666 I have a question...
I love wearing my watches on rubber strap. Bracelet is also ok, but rubber is the most comfortable strap for me.
Did anyone buy a nice oyserflex for the new Daytona and could recommend me one? I would like to buy the rubber strap with clasp.

Luca_1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
17/1/24
Germany
Since I was lucky to buy the beautiful Daytona from @Therion666 I have a question...
I love wearing my watches on rubber strap. Bracelet is also ok, but rubber is the most comfortable strap for me.
Did anyone buy a nice oyserflex for the new Daytona and could recommend me one? I would like to buy the rubber strap with clasp.
I think you would get the best outcome if you contact a TD and tell him you want an Oysterflex including clasp from Clean. The Oysterflex from the 126519 will fit the 126500 perfectly AFAIK

Therion666

Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Corrext me if I'm wrong but the problem is the endlinks not rubber strap
Correct 👍 You need special endlinks, Oysterflex is not a direct fit to steel models.

Reactions: Reaps

Bobi01

2/2/19
To be honest, I don't care about Gen like crystal.. When I compare my new clean 126500 panda and my BTF panda, the clarity difference so obvious.. I prefer the btf look of crystal even it's not closed to gen
Thats another pair of shoes, than do what you think it is best for you… bust most of us here thinks that clean crystal is very good and enough

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Correct 👍 You need special endlinks, Oysterflex is not a direct fit to steel models.
As far as I know we dont know if 126519 endlinks can fit 126500

And i havent seen custom end links at TDs for 126500 yet either