• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
126500 looks so much better to me and less sporty, much more clean dial with everything slimmer pops out color of the dial better… for the steel ring bezel i dont even want to talk, brought the bezel to next lvl … it simply looks like AMG or full S-Line compared to old model
The new 126500 does look more Elegant and Refined, but I actually still prefer more Sporty... more F-40 or 959 ish.

I even toned my CF V3 down a bit by switching the Bracelet for an Everest "Racing" Leather Strap.
KdkajD.jpeg

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Me and my buddy @snaes decided to have a local replica conference. The main topic was a scientific comparison between the CF V3 116500 and the CF 126500. The 116500 has a gen crystal. He had a Cuba Libre and I had some pear juice. Judging by the quality of the photos I took, one could think that the waitress slipped a triple shot of rum into my innocent beverage 😁

Thanks for the pics. So what did you both think of the gen crystal and new Clean crystal on black dials?

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
I like the old one too, but there are things on the 12 I never knew I wanted, but love them now they're here. Especially the metal ring around the bezel and thicker fonts on the bezel. I don't think they will fade as fast as the ones on the 11.

I'd like the subdials to be somewhere between the old and the new thickness, but I got used to them and I really like them. The 12 feels like a natural evolution.

As for the crystal - there is an observable difference, AR is simply a bit better on the gen one. But it's not dramatic by any measure and I feel 0 need to get one. The CF crystal is perfectly fine for me, but I understand the appeal. The difference is exactly the same IRL as seen in my photos, my phone camera has captured the difference very well I think.

Gone are the days of milky crystals with funny distortions and crappy white gaskets, CF has done a great job on this watch. I don't think you can buy any gen that comes anywhere near this for the money. Not even gens at about 2k price point. Especially those fat ass chronographs.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I like the old one too, but there are things on the 12 I never knew I wanted, but love them now they're here. Especially the metal ring around the bezel and thicker fonts on the bezel. I don't think they will fade as fast as the ones on the 11.

I'd like the subdials to be somewhere between the old and the new thickness, but I got used to them and I really like them. The 12 feels like a natural evolution.

As for the crystal - there is an observable difference, AR is simply a bit better on the gen one. But it's not dramatic by any measure and I feel 0 need to get one. The CF crystal is perfectly fine for me, but I understand the appeal. The difference is exactly the same IRL as seen in my photos, my phone camera has captured the difference very well I think.

Gone are the days of milky crystals with funny distortions and crappy white gaskets, CF has done a great job on this watch. I don't think you can buy any gen that comes anywhere near this for the money. Not even gens at about 2k price point. Especially those fat ass chronographs.

I just bought the BTF 116500, still waiting for it…and now you made me want the CF 126500 too 😅

Reactions: m5smg2

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
They're not shiny like on the 116520. But they really pop in the sun. Here are some quick pics from different angles made by the window. My S23 makes my fingers look red for some reasons, but they're not. I'm not dying of hypertension, no worries 😁

The 12 series is without a doubt more refined in every single aspect.. from the case..the crystal ..the dial.. but of course gen is gen and clone is clone..

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
On 116, both black and white are worse. Black, the subdials are missing the shiny edges, which makes the whole thing look dull. The color on white is off.
The 126 rep is MUCH closer and I agree to people saying you need to take a closer look or know what you’re looking at to spot a rep.
Even more I agree with people saying rep is rep and gen is gen.

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
I saw every single sales add on Chrono24 and some photos make subdials look very bright, but many look like the ones on CF. Or maybe I'm going blind. Which is a good thing, my OCD is killing me 😉

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I saw every single sales add on Chrono24 and some photos make subdials look very bright, but many look like the ones on CF. Or maybe I'm going blind. Which is a good thing, my OCD is killing me 😉
That's the thing, gen changes color a lot, CF does not

Reactions: AG91 and mmaggi

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
On 116, both black and white are worse. Black, the subdials are missing the shiny edges, which makes the whole thing look dull. The color on white is off.
The 126 rep is MUCH closer and I agree to people saying you need to take a closer look or know what you’re looking at to spot a rep.
Even more I agree with people saying rep is rep and gen is gen.
Correct brother
Love the both white and black

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
I think I just got my revelation
11 in Panda
12 in Black

I could not go past the thin subdials in white, but I love the rest of the 12.
The shiny circling on the black did it

Thanks guys.
Now I just have to figure out how to still send my kid to University
I give you 5 days for getting used to thinner subdials on white dial, i bet the old model will be too fat after 5 days in your eyes and will like a lot better new one haha
Everything is much elegant

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I give you 5 days for getting used to thinner subdials on white dial, i bet the old model will be too fat after 5 days in your eyes and will like a lot better new one haha
Everything is much elegant

Well I bought the 11 now. So i will rock it