• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

DRB420

Getting To Know The Place
26/10/21
Can you explain to us noobs what you mean by softer markers? Is it a good thing? I want to see if I have it as well.
The first iterations had hour markers that were squared off at the edges rather than slightly rounded. It was changed early on mid-production. The difference is nominal.

Reactions: Bobi01

chrisat

Getting To Know The Place
23/3/24
When did they change this? I can't see any difference compared to mine, which was shipped in Mid March.
Or was this just on the first batch, where they also had the issue with the lack of oil?

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
The first iterations had hour markers that were squared off at the edges rather than slightly rounded. It was changed early on mid-production. The difference is nominal.
Exactly

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
When did they change this? I can't see any difference compared to mine, which was shipped in Mid March.
Or was this just on the first batch, where they also had the issue with the lack of oil?
If you could send me pics of yours i can clarify which markers batch you have 🤷‍♂️

cheeseroyale

Known Member
6/2/23
USA
If you can’t tell what it is, it’s a non-factor
Respectfully, I disagree. That's fine if you are getting some mid tier or lower tier rep. If you are spending big bucks for a "super clone", you want to know that it is as close to gen as possible, whether you know it or not. Is Clean not considered one of the upper tier for Daytona reps? It's not whether you can tell. It's whether you think anyone else can tell. Otherwise, just get one from Aliexpress. So I think it's fair question to ask.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Respectfully, I disagree. That's fine if you are getting some mid tier or lower tier rep. If you are spending big bucks for a "super clone", you want to know that it is as close to gen as possible, whether you know it or not. Is Clean not considered one of the upper tier for Daytona reps? It's not whether you can tell. It's whether you think anyone else can tell. Otherwise, just get one from Aliexpress. So I think it's fair question to ask.
This question was answered not even 5 pages back. Look at Page 42 Post 822... come on...

Reactions: m5smg2 and Messi

RBB224

16/10/16
Compared my CF 126500ln to a gen 126500ln today, and CF crystal is very gen-like. Maybe 10% more cloudy, but my BTF 116500ln with deep crystal is 200% too clear and the edges are totally wrong
Just asking for knowledge purposes~ how wrong is the DEEP Xtal on the edges? i've never see the comparison before and never use DEEP Xtal before, the only Xtal i used before was from Prof.

Sakul12349

Supporter
Certified
29/3/23
EU
Just asking for knowledge purposes~ how wrong is the DEEP Xtal on the edges? i've never see the comparison before and never use DEEP Xtal before, the only Xtal i used before was from Prof.
I think it is pretty wrong, but I actually think that the increased clarity is much more wrong. Clean crystal is maybe 10% more cloudy than gen, but deep crystal is mayble 200% more clear than gen. So maybe clearer is nicer, but it is definitely not more gen-like as Rolex crystals are actually not very clear in normal, indoor lighting.

RBB224

16/10/16
I think it is pretty wrong, but I actually think that the increased clarity is much more wrong. Clean crystal is maybe 10% more cloudy than gen, but deep crystal is mayble 200% more clear than gen. So maybe clearer is nicer, but it is definitely not more gen-like as Rolex crystals are actually not very clear in normal, indoor lighting.
I see! really appreciate the explanations, i guess it's up to individual :) some prefer maximum clarity so their heart and mind have more clarity when they're looking at the dials :LOL:
I'm deeply "poisoned" by all the gorgeous pictures posted by @m5smg2 and the rest of the guys here! i guess i'm going to order a black one soon.

Reactions: m5smg2

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Someone tried a jubilee on this new Daytona? Thank you!

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
I just spent half an hour removing those damn stickers...and like a true psycho I've saved every single one of them 🤣 I'd really hate to be the sticker guy at the factory 😉

First observations after wearing it for an hour - size wise it feels exactly the same as the 116500. It's a comfortable watch that hugs your wrist and looks like million bucks. I can hear and feel the rotor a bit, both my Noob V4, Clean V3 and a couple of PM Clean Daytonas with the DD4130 were completely silent. But it's not that cheap feel and sound like on APs and VCs with Miyotas inside, it feels very beefy and high quality. My watchsmith will of course make it completely silent. And waterproof. Anyways, here is a quick, unedited phone photo: