• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Case 1:1 16710/16570 available on EBay

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
The best option for hands is go gen.
What dial color do you have? And is the dial a tritium, a Luminova or a SuperLuminova one?
I might have an authentic watch glass with small weaknesses for you. In my opinion, it is completely o.k. to use such a No AR No LEC watch crystal for a watch that is at least 15 years old and has small damages.
Just drop me a PM and if you agree we could do a reserved sale.
Hi cheers for this. It’s a super luminova dial (Swiss made) so given the case has lug holes in planning my build to look like a 2002/2003 model 16570. I’ll have a look for some luminova hands.

I’ve actually got a crystal from a Vietnam case, but would obviously prefer a Gen but need to keep costs low! I’ll drop you a PM.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Ok just pulled the trigger to build a budget 16570 Franken

EBay case
Gen bezel
Gen dial
Clarks or Gen crystal (undecided)
Gen crown 24-604-0 (will this fit the eBay case?)
Hands - undecided - what’s the best rep option?
Vr3186 clone movement

Cheers for any advice on the final parts.

Put a nice Italian (Monaco) bracelet on it and perfect build. (these braceletes, take a look - user markiemark sources them)

Reactions: Danza1813

Etherfranks

Horology Curious
15/3/23
Altanta
Hi mate
unfortunately I don't know, you could ask him directly. mine is not a sponsor, but it is a sharing with everyone to realize a project that was a dream at the time. as regards the assembly, what did you find negative in WSO? I bought some I was happy. as assembly you can use those of MQ or those of startime. those of startime I have not had the opportunity to see them, but they talked about it well.
Where to order startime?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Where to order startime?
Startime is designed for business professionals like jewellers and watchmakers. You have to have an account with them to be eligible to purchase. To get an account, you have to present proof of business credentials. Alternately, you can be a member of a watchmaker's organization, the National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors (NAWCC). You can get an introductory membership in NAWCC for $30. Provide your member number to Startime to register an account. Make a purchase to activate your account. The account then remains permanent and you can let your NAWCC membership expire.

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
Honestly, I just created an account with them and put in a “business name” I made up. For the only reason of not knowing I had to provide anything more. I wasn’t asked for any proof or credentials.

Once the account is made active, be ready to buy something. After mine was activated I didn’t buy anything for months then tried to buy and found out it was deactivated due to no use. I then had to call and have it reactivated. They asked no questions. I bought right away and now my account is active.

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
It was a little nerve wracking not knowing if they would question my “business” but nothing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Andry76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/23
italy
hi guys, working with a reseller on eBay. it supplies 16710 and 16570 case’s. I am really surprised by the quality, I put it next to my gen and it is really 1: 1. for those who need these boxes, you can contact the seller on eBay at this email. the only flaw is that they are not engraved and require a tube, crown and bezel assembly. but otherwise the photos speak for themselves. I bought them for 2 projects for my client , to prove the quality and share with RWI. finally the 5 digits Gmt will be easier to make.
talking to him, he told me that on request he will also add the tube and crown to the next batch.

This is mail
[email protected]

Hi, can
hi guys, working with a reseller on eBay. it supplies 16710 and 16570 case’s. I am really surprised by the quality, I put it next to my gen and it is really 1: 1. for those who need these boxes, you can contact the seller on eBay at this email. the only flaw is that they are not engraved and require a tube, crown and bezel assembly. but otherwise the photos speak for themselves. I bought them for 2 projects for my client , to prove the quality and share with RWI. finally the 5 digits Gmt will be easier to make.
talking to him, he told me that on request he will also add the tube and crown to the next batch.

This is mail
[email protected]

Hi, can i have this case in Italy?

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
Do you guys know if the 16710 bezel ring is the same as the one used in the 16610?

Only the bezel ring, not all the bezel assembly.

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
In case you were wondering:

Crystal retainer, friction ring and bezel ring are identical. Only difference is the click-spring 😉
Any decent bezel ring available that could fit on a gen/aftermarket crystal retainer and mount gen insert without trimming or sanding?

PAv2 bezel from TC is impossibile to find, have some hope with the new SK bezel but don’t know how it is and if it’s going to be sold separately (@kadeee maybe you know something?)

In the meantime there was some feedback with this (https://watchparts24.de/Stahlluenette-kompatibel-und-passend-zu-Rolex-Submariner-Rolex-GMT-Master-II) but I never saw a picture comparing it with a gen

Andry76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/23
italy
Another build
16710 coke
Gen insert
Gen bezel assembly
Gen dial
Gen hands
Gen DW
Gen crystal AR
Gen tube and crown
Gen hands link
Bracelet aftermarket jubilee Monaco
Movement VR3185 v2
Hi, congratulations on the beautiful Franken.
Can I know if this eBay case has been worked on or is it completely original?

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
PAv2 bezel from TC is impossibile to find, have some hope with the new SK bezel but don’t know how it is and if it’s going to be sold separately (@kadeee maybe you know something?)

I have my build back from the workshop. The bezel is really great although rotating it needs a bit too much force in my opinion. That might be as I use a Gen spec Click spring and maybe this will get better with time.
Drop the guy a message via ebay "ask seller a question" and ask him for a quote for the bezel set.

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
Here’s what I did with my case. This is from the other 16710 1:1 case started by KJ.

I used a bezel from Ernst/Westphal $125, it was tight on the ST crystal ring but got it to work. The pics are post #169.

My latest problem however is the waterproofing. I've tried two Clark 2.5 mm crystal gaskets with the ST ring and it's failing even on 1bar. I thought the Clarks were thick, wondering if there's anything thicker out there?

miami_YG

Supporter
Certified
17/2/17
NY USA
Anyone know if the maker has updated the case? I think there was some talk about further refining it (chamfers, shorter lugs, etc.).