• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Case 1:1 16710/16570 available on EBay

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
hi guys, working with a reseller on eBay. it supplies 16710 and 16570 case’s. I am really surprised by the quality, I put it next to my gen and it is really 1: 1. for those who need these boxes, you can contact the seller on eBay at this email. the only flaw is that they are not engraved and require a tube, crown and bezel assembly. but otherwise the photos speak for themselves. I bought them for 2 projects for my client , to prove the quality and share with RWI. finally the 5 digits Gmt will be easier to make.
talking to him, he told me that on request he will also add the tube and crown to the next batch.

This is mail
[email protected]

Last edited:

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Great shout mate, this has always been the unicorn of the franken world. Would you happen to have photos with a bracelet mounted? Cheers.

Reactions: Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Great shout mate, this has always been the unicorn of the franken world. Would you happen to have photos with a bracelet mounted? Cheers.

With gen bracelet

we are testing and perfecting the position of the holes and the size, via messaging. I only do this for the buyers and seller this favor. with springbar 1.8 there are no problems. we are evaluating springbars 2.0

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
I'm waiting on mine from this guy. He was great to deal with.

One question, how's the case back thickness?

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
A couple of questions for you Sir (@Johnny Depp ) what are the prices like and are the cases able to accept gen tube without modification?

Last edited:

Btadl1997

12/2/18
As KJ mentioned in his review, that it has a slightly taller rehaut. Does the seller plan to possibly shorten the rehaut?

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
so, for the rehaut I compared it with my gen and I don't see many differences. as for the thickness at work fine I can measure. the caseback is good. for tube and crown should accept the original parts, the hole is not wide. however when I finish the work I will make a point of the situation, we are also evaluating the issue of the holes, bring them to 1.3. I repeat, I do not earn anything, I am collaborating to make sure that I have a “nearly perfect” cash register. because it is useful to everyone and also to me for future projects.

I hope my english is understood 😂😂

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Yes, this case-set is awesome. Accidentally I was the first buying them from the bay (2x), as I said on the vn 16710 thread they're literally VN killer. So good to have them :D

Only concern to me is finding a good retainer/bezel to fit. Wish TC PA's V2 were still around...

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
so, for the rehaut I compared it with my gen and I don't see many differences. as for the thickness at work fine I can measure. the caseback is good. for tube and crown should accept the original parts, the hole is not wide. however when I finish the work I will make a point of the situation, we are also evaluating the issue of the holes, bring them to 1.3. I repeat, I do not earn anything, I am collaborating to make sure that I have a “nearly perfect” cash register. because it is useful to everyone and also to me for future projects.

I hope my english is understood 😂😂

Johnny: How does this case compare with the other 16710 cases from Viet Nam which have been available? I have 2 and built two nice GMTs with them.
Of course this one is less expensive which is always good. Glad you're working with the manufacturer to fine tune the specs. If you have compared with the other VN cases I'd be interested in knowing the differences.

Cheers!

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Johnny: How does this case compare with the other 16710 cases from Viet Nam which have been available? I have 2 and built two nice GMTs with them.
Of course this one is less expensive which is always good. Glad you're working with the manufacturer to fine tune the specs. If you have compared with the other VN cases I'd be interested in knowing the differences.

Cheers!
Hello mate
as for in comparison this is more defined, more subtle. however it currently needs at least the gen end links, because I tried with Monaco bracelets but it does not go to serve. so at least the end links gen. tomorrow I get a jubilee Monaco, I'll try on the cashier. as costs, it is necessary to calculate that the case is bare, so all the bezel assembly with tube and crown is required. the only thing that needs to improve now are the holes. we will see

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Finish first

here is the point of the situation:
Tube and crown ✅
Tige aligned ✅
Dial and movement ✅
Bezel ✅

Modification:
❗️Bracelet only little modification
End link or change with gen 501b
Spring bar use 20x1.8 is better
we also talked about it via PM me and @KJ2020 ❗

I said to improve the holes with 1.3mm and move a little, to also fit an aftermarket Monaco bracelet. Rehaut it is imperceptible, but if it can go down a few thousandths better, otherwise ok.
For this Watch I used Monaco aftermarket
and we will see some other improvements to be made

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Finish first

here is the point of the situation:
Tube and crown ✅
Tige aligned ✅
Dial and movement ✅
Bezel ✅

Modification:
❗️Bracelet only little modification
End link or change with gen 501b
Spring bar use 20x1.8 is better
we also talked about it via PM me and @KJ2020 ❗

I said to improve the holes with 1.3mm and move a little, to also fit an aftermarket Monaco bracelet. Rehaut it is imperceptible, but if it can go down a few thousandths better, otherwise ok.
For this Watch I used Monaco aftermarket
and we will see some other improvements to be made

Literally never seen something like this.

Holy SH**!

but what is a monaco bracelet?