• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Case 1:1 16710/16570 available on EBay

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Anyone know if the maker has updated the case? I think there was some talk about further refining it (chamfers, shorter lugs, etc.).
Talk to @Clarkent, he had a lovely 16710 built recently with what is most certainly an updated Vietnam case. Best CGs and overall case profile I’ve seen to date - and that’s inclusive of the “ebay” case, which, for a while was looking like a nice option for 16700/16710/16570 builds. The case I saw absolutely blew everything else out of the water..

Last edited:
Reactions: Clarkent

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Any decent bezel ring available that could fit on a gen/aftermarket crystal retainer and mount gen insert without trimming or sanding?

PAv2 bezel from TC is impossibile to find, have some hope with the new SK bezel but don’t know how it is and if it’s going to be sold separately (@kadeee maybe you know something?)

In the meantime there was some feedback with this (https://watchparts24.de/Stahlluenette-kompatibel-und-passend-zu-Rolex-Submariner-Rolex-GMT-Master-II) but I never saw a picture comparing it with a gen
Sorry, missed your post! I’m aware of only the ST, AR/JF rings - unless you go with a Vietnam bezel ring. AFAIK they should all be Gen-spec or close to it. Are you finding tolerance issues with your build?

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
Talk to @Clarkent, he had a lovely 16710 built recently with what is most certainly an updated Vietnam case. Best CGs and overall case profile I’ve seen to date - and that’s inclusive of the “ebay” case, which, for a while was looking like a nice option for 16700/16710/16570 builds. The case I saw absolutely blew everything else out of the water..
that case for sale on ebay is certainly better to use for 16710, a little less for 16570. it is a discreet case, to be truly appreciated it must be worked with stone from top to bottom (I sold one of my franken made on a case taken from ebay and worked entirely by an Italian Rolex authorized laboratory). I have made many 16710/16570 frankens, according to my experience and according to my personal taste, the Vietnam case sold by Kuared is the best compromise in terms of aesthetics and general final result of the construction.

Andry76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/23
italy
Anyone know if the maker has updated the case? I think there was some talk about further refining it (chamfers, shorter lugs, etc.).

do not take into account the insert and crown which are non-original products, used only for testing

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
That’s a shame because this case have a really high quality! Actually i’ve one for spare, but i don’t know if sell it or not because it’s in my desk box :ROFLMAO:

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I asked this guy if I could get a discount for buying just the mid case since I have a gen bezel.

$20 discount…..

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I asked this guy if I could get a discount for buying just the mid case since I have a gen bezel.

$20 discount…..

I sent you a PM about this ;)

Bertanderny

Horology Curious
30/12/19

$20 discount…..

Interesting, says it's got good review on here but the search didn't return anything. Anyone have any experience with these?