• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

By-Tor's Guide to best TAG Heuer replicas

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Hi Yager, welcome to the forum.

Not really the right place to ask - you're better off starting a new thread of your own.

Anyway, there are trusted dealers (TD's) here (there's a whole section if you go back the main page), until you know a lot more, I wouldnt do business with anyone thats not in the TD section.

Most good dealers can get the same watches, you need to email them and explain what you're after and attach pics of it too - they will get back to you with an answer.

Hint - Everyone has their favourite dealers but in the 2013 Best Dealer Poll - Intime won ahead of Puretime. Id start there.

Happy Hunting.

Lugdunum69

Horology Curious
29/1/14
Thank you so much for the guide ! The Monza looks awesome... :nana:
My dream: à good rep of the Heuer Camaro ! ;-)

holmesacourt

Horology Curious
1/1/14
hi tor great review what dealer has the tag heur monaco 21j fuax chrono or the quartz versions thanks

Lembo09

Known Member
29/5/14
Over 6 years old and still a very good review/read. Took a lot of time and effort. Thank you.

sloeber

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/12/14
Thanks for a very good thread.
I own the TAG Aquaracer Chronograph Day-Date and I think it is a very gen like watch, very good ar coating (best i saw on a replica), vvery high qiuality finish on yhe steel and details.

ONLY THE DIVER ON THE BACK OF THE CASE IS A LITTLE BIT MORE DETAILED ON A GEN.

I consider it my best rep of the pack. How good ?
It fooled a official TAG Dealer who shortened my watch band.

timeonmyside

22/3/14
The original TAG Monaco is a hard rep to find. Theres a bunch of quartz versions floating around on AE in the $70-$100 range, but I'd like an automatic. The guide here mentions a "faux 21J" version. What exactly does that mean? Ive searched many of the TDs here and they dont seem to have this.

This guy has it and lists it as automatic, but Ive emailed him to clarify...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Clas...ur-Designer-Brand-Dress-Sport/1866698152.html

Any thoughts? Thanks!

N00x7Y8.png

TAG Monaco Asian 21J / quartz

We constantly hear the question: "Why there's no great replica of this legendary watch?" The answer is that the Monaco uses an ETA 2894 movement, a movement that has seconds at 3. There's the new "seconds at '3" Asian Valjoux 7750 "hack", but I doubt it could be adapted for this watch.

So it looks like Monaco has the same problem as the another highly requested TAG, Autavia. There simply isn't a way to replicate it properly (with the current available rep movements). But there have been rather nice faux chrono 21J and quartz versions. Usually, I'd usually choose a working quartz stopwatch over faux 21J Asian. But Monaco is a bit special watch, and it doesn't visually resemble a typical, traditional sports chronograph. Simply for this reason I'd choose the the faux 21J for Monaco. I can imagine that the constantly running "stopwatch" hand wouldn't bother me on this watch. And besides, having a quartz-powered Monaco sounds just, well... rather silly. This just my personal recommendation between the two versions, nothing more.

elronino

Horology Curious
29/8/14
Thanks for the writeup. I'm in the market for a rep Tag to add a little flavor to the watch box. Doing some more research before I pull the trigger. :thumbup:

wjr007

Looking Around
14/4/16
Thanks. Could the thread be updated with a review of the tag space x rep?

gtamaster7

Horology Curious
12/4/16
for the Cal 16 day date... Asian 7750 or DavidSen have better reps as the watch looks more accurate despite the blue screws.