• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Heavy pic of TC16610 V5 Caddell + Insert

dextergolf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/12/11
Heavy pic of TC16610 V5 Caddell + Insert

THIS IMAGE CAN TELL YOU

DSCF0060_zpsac43f52e.jpg

DSCF0062_zpse4f9b1a9.jpg

DSCF0066_zps022d813a.jpg

DSCF0069_zpsb011bff9.jpg

DSCF0071_zps36b947a5.jpg

DSCF0075_zpsb74c1402.jpg

DSCF0082_zps9e966143.jpg

Thanks for looking.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I was half expecting some serious macro shots showing detail :(

Those cg's do look small though.

I want Daytona

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/09
Its not a Caddell, just v5 sub. My v5 salutes your v5. I am amazed by the pearl, its absolutely perfection.

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
What are the "visible" tells of the normal dial? As a noob my eye isn't that trained

The thickness of the white gold surrounding the markers :)

Notice how the rim/surrounding of the 12marker on this gen dial seems as if it is 2-ply (silver-black) with a VERY thick black line making it look very "3D":

16610-rolex-submariner-pk-bk-g-j.jpg

Of course it isn't 2-ply, but the thickness and rounding of the whitegold makes it reflect light in such a way giving it a very distinct look that has not been seen in reps before the KH/Cadell dial :cheese:Also look at how deep th "V" in the bottom of that marker is - again something the regular TC dials 99% of the time do not get right.

Another factor is that the lume itself on a gen has a very sharp white/almost blueish hue when seen in full daylight whereas the TC has a slightly green/grey hue.

Please note that these things are SO minor that no one in reality will be able to call you out, esp. if the dial is as good as on OP's watch! A real guru or rolex-dealer will notice, but for normal use who cares.

Great looking specimen OP - wear it with pride :cheers:

napoleon1992

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/13
The thickness of the white gold surrounding the markers :)

Notice how the rim/surrounding of the 12marker on this gen dial seems as if it is 2-ply (silver-black) with a VERY thick black line making it look very "3D":

16610-rolex-submariner-pk-bk-g-j.jpg

Of course it isn't 2-ply, but the thickness and rounding of the whitegold makes it reflect light in such a way giving it a very distinct look that has not been seen in reps before the KH/Cadell dial :cheese:Also look at how deep th "V" in the bottom of that marker is - again something the regular TC dials 99% of the time do not get right.

Another factor is that the lume itself on a gen has a very sharp white/almost blueish hue when seen in full daylight whereas the TC has a slightly green/grey hue.

Please note that these things are SO minor that no one in reality will be able to call you out, esp. if the dial is as good as on OP's watch! A real guru or rolex-dealer will notice, but for normal use who cares.

Great looking specimen OP - wear it with pride :cheers:

Thank you for your answer - now I see it too.

But I'm still awaiting my V5 with joy (should arrive in a week or so) and already got myself a sealed gen insert :)