• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

By-Tor's Guide to best TAG Heuer replicas

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Resurrected thread.
It's a great resource, but quite out of date so take the information with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/12/10
Trevor has the newest Aquaracer 500m which is EXTREMELY accurate. (Probably the most accurate Tag rep) get it with the SW 220 and you really can't tell the difference between gen and rep. (Make sure you get the one with corrected Tag logo with arrows, and look for centered hour markers within the counters). Also it has the corrected 500 M on the dial as well.

Carrera Racing Chronograph Day is extremely accurate as well. Replace blue screws, replace the date wheel with ETA and you're golden! (If you wanna be platinum, then source a rotor with correct engravings + color)

Tag Heuer Link Chronograph seems very accurate as well. Only thing is that sub dial coutners are wrong (very minor)

Other reps that have the Tag Heuer logo (except A500M) do look really cheap... and remember any Grand Carreras aren't going to be that accurate.

I know nothing about Monacos but 1887s aren't that good of a rep either because of the movement itself.

kr_clk

Horology Curious
3/12/12
Any updates?

It seems that the rep for carrera calibre 16 day date 43mm has superseded the 41mm date only in terms of closeness to gen?

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
To a degree yes, but depends on dial colour. There are reviews on this, so take a search, but the black is considered closest, but its still a little off.

Also dial quality does vary, so you do have to choose your dealer carefully and stress you want a good example.

I am after the 43mm for myself, as I have a little something to put inside it :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any updates?

It seems that the rep for carrera calibre 16 day date 43mm has superseded the 41mm date only in terms of closeness to gen?

kr_clk

Horology Curious
3/12/12
To a degree yes, but depends on dial colour. There are reviews on this, so take a search, but the black is considered closest, but its still a little off.

Also dial quality does vary, so you do have to choose your dealer carefully and stress you want a good example.

I am after the 43mm for myself, as I have a little something to put inside it :lol:

That must be the Swiss ETA to solve the blue screws issue and also the "lines". Would u recommend the 41mm automatic? I personally prefer the 41mm over the 43mm but every other TD is recommending me to get the 43mm because its closer to the gen.

therigger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/12
Excellent information provided by one and all. Thank you for undertaking the, not so easy job, of reviewing.
Cheers.

Dark63

Horology Curious
11/3/13
This was an excellent guide, thank you for taking the time to create it!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
The information in this thread may be a bit out-dated, so please do your research on current models available before taking this as gospel.

malijno

Looking Around
1/8/13
I'm interested too in a calibre 16 replica. Anyone could recommend me a dealer? I've read about trevor, but I suppose there are more TD with superb reps. Privates are welcome!

georgepal13

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/11/13
My old Tag Carrera broke down and looking to get a new one, however since i've not followed the forum for a while, i dont know whether there are different versions of the Carrera on the suggested websites, differences in quality etc.

I've ended up in this one: http://www.watcheden.net/tag-heuer-...-dial-and-bezel-rubber-strap-i-11498-p-1.html

What do u think?

Ive also seen this one http://www.trwatch.com/product_info.php?cPath=85&products_id=1401 which is cheaper by 100usd, however do not know what the differences are. Can someone please inform me?