• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF platinum Daytona

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
Had the chance to see it in person today when I met my parents on spontaneous dinner :) unfortunately the pics I made where in low light so quality is not that good and I have to make Screenshots of the pics as they are to big for uploading here :( hope it looks Okey anyway :)

I was worried because of some pics but seeing it in person is a totally different game, the stones don't look cheap as they tend to do on pics, they have a nice colorful bling bit very subtle as it should be :) nice icy blue and in lower light conditions in a restaurant an absolute stunning appearance! After my exams the next two weeks I can borrow it for a few days so very excited how it is on a daily basis :D good chances that this one slides back on top of my list for the next rep :)

Beautiful ! Which factory is it?

sikynicky

Do not accept unsolicited offers
26/1/23
United States
Build complete….

3hAGLi.jpg

3hA07p.jpg

3hAfGX.jpg

3hAx35.jpg

Video: https://imgur.com/a/zxHIlQN
Looks stunning, If I were wanting to do this to my own, how would I go about switching the dials out, are there tutorials here or on youtube? is it like swapping out the dial of a gen?

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
Looks stunning, If I were wanting to do this to my own, how would I go about switching the dials out, are there tutorials here or on youtube? is it like swapping out the dial of a gen?
Yes it’s pretty much the same

Brucedown

29/10/18
Have the BT V2 on order. Planning on taking to someone for heavy platinum plating which is about the same price as the watch. Anyone think the biggest tell on the watch is the fact that they are all made with SS and not at least plat platted?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Have the BT V2 on order. Planning on taking to someone for heavy platinum plating which is about the same price as the watch. Anyone think the biggest tell on the watch is the fact that they are all made with SS and not at least plat platted?
The biggest tell is *always* the person wearing the watch. Unless you pull up in a vehicle that’s chauffeured, you are the tell not the colour difference between platinum and SS.

Reactions: oceaon

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
The biggest tell is *always* the person wearing the watch. Unless you pull up in a vehicle that’s chauffeured, you are the tell not the colour difference between platinum and SS.

Reactions: mmaggi

Brucedown

29/10/18
I'm ok here. These watches go for 125-140kusd and my age,profession, house and car can pull it off. Obviously I wouldn't buy a rep if I couldn't. My question was really about the watch flaws not my social status

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I'm ok here. These watches go for 125-140kusd and my age,profession, house and car can pull it off. Obviously I wouldn't buy a rep if I couldn't. My question was really about the watch flaws not my social status
Fair enough… in my opinion, the tell for this watch is the weight. But that’s impossible for others to perceive when the watch is on your wrist.

Personally I can’t see the difference between SS and Platinum and White Gold; but others claim they can, and I don’t question their abilities. Platinum playing certainly won’t make the watch look worse.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
It's always been a concern of mine: Pulling off the watch I'm wearing. I live in a typical middle class neighborhood and drive a Honda Accord. I can get away wearing a Sub or GMT (I own a gen 16710). I'm pretty sure many in my neighborhood own gen Rolexes as well as Omegas, IWC, etc. But I don't think many in my neighborhood own PM watches. But as Charles Barkley says: I may be wrong, but I doubt it. :)

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
It's always been a concern of mine: Pulling off the watch I'm wearing. I live in a typical middle class neighborhood and drive a Honda Accord. I can get away wearing a Sub or GMT (I own a gen 16710). I'm pretty sure many in my neighborhood own gen Rolexes as well as Omegas, IWC, etc. But I don't think many in my neighborhood own PM watches. But as Charles Barkley says: I may be wrong, but I doubt it. :)
I own a car that goes up in value by a meaningful percentage when I fill the gas tank. Sometimes I drive it wearing my RM 027 tourbillon rep.

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
Fair enough… in my opinion, the tell for this watch is the weight. But that’s impossible for others to perceive when the watch is on your wrist.

Personally I can’t see the difference between SS and Platinum and White Gold; but others claim they can, and I don’t question their abilities. Platinum playing certainly won’t make the watch look worse.
Yeah, I have to agree... the wearer is usually the tell. Not the piece.

In terms of the platinum debate, dogwood is correct about the weight, but there have been zero times when I have taken my watch off in the last 25 years to let someone test the weight, lol (gen or rep). Steel to platinum is super close in color other than the weight. As a matter of fact, it is often better to keep steel as it is because it's a harder metal and is more practical and durable.

There is absolutely a difference between stainless steel and white gold. In the pic below, you can see that the left steel black Daytona looks whiteish. The right side shows the WG meteorite and has a slight yellow-gold tint. I tried to boost the lighting so you can see the difference. In real-life, WG has a warmer tone and has much more luster. Like the way a diamond sparkles. You don't get that with steel.