• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF platinum Daytona

Sole164

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/3/23
Earth
Just received QC of the BTF platona fr biao6688

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Years ago the Daytona I purchased with ceramic bezel, the numbers on the bezel were extremely faint as it did not have the platinum coating, is this still an issue with these newer BTF / Clean daytona models?

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
@Sole164 - If you want detailed QC advice you'd be better off posting on reddit r/ReptTmeQC.

Is there anything in particular that sticks out to you that doesn't look right with this BTF Platona?

RolAPBreitChop

Getting To Know The Place
19/5/23
Florida, US
Just received QC of the BTF platona fr biao6688

The subdial rings look gray compared to the bezel?

Reactions: mmaggi

Zees Watchdiary

Come on you Reds!
Patron
2/1/22
Xing David could maybe add some Tungsten to it for additional weight to make it more gen like. I wanna pull the trigger on the BTF but the weight is stopping me for now...

Zees Watchdiary

Come on you Reds!
Patron
2/1/22
Puretime is still selling the Noob platona on their site. Its also the most expensive Platona listed. I thought the general consensus was that BTF tops Noob as Noob is now gone. Am I wrong?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Puretime is still selling the Noob platona on their site. It’s also the most expensive Platona listed. I thought the general consensus was that BTF tops Noob as Noob is now gone. Am I wrong?
My understanding is this new “Noob” is not the same as the original Noob.

Also, please don’t tell us you judge quality based on price…

Last edited:

Zees Watchdiary

Come on you Reds!
Patron
2/1/22
Thanks for that - So why would you say its listed more expensive then any other Platona?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
So what would you say is the best Platona now then?
BTF, but it’s not close enough to gen to be worth buying IMO. If, however, you like it for what it is (and that’s how it should be), go for it.

Rumors were Clean would come out with one but that was months ago and no sign of it yet.

Zees Watchdiary

Come on you Reds!
Patron
2/1/22
I heard that Clean were doing one too...Maybe I will wait a few months more... if not a BTF will have to do... Is it on V1?

3/12/22
Country Rd, USA
Puretime is still selling the Noob platona on their site. Its also the most expensive Platona listed. I thought the general consensus was that BTF tops Noob as Noob is now gone. Am I wrong?
worth investingating before you go much further, is the diff between a LISTING on a td site, and AVAILABILITY. They are not the same, at all.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Best build right now is BTF base but slap a RB dial on it. Which is what I might do. Tempted on the QF Platona as a base but no info on those so we will see.