• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF platinum Daytona

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I saw this post on WeChat this morning from a non-TD. Very exciting news if it’s true. I’m a little suspicious that this might be fake news since All the common flaws with platinum Daytona reps aren’t visible in the pics: correct hands on the non-diamond marker version, three rings on pushers, correct lug length… kinda feels like these are two gens.

zq3oJI.jpg

zq3IWc.jpg

zq3OlX.jpg

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Interestingly, I just heard from mirotime (not a TD here), that the BTF platinum Daytona is available for pre-order. Although I can’t see it posted on his website yet. I’ve asked about price… will report back with more info when it arrives.

zqwifK.png

Reactions: KJ2020 and Lariram

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Also saw this post on WeChat this morning… but this post says that it’s from Clean Factory. Maybe we’re about to get both a BTF and CF platinum Daytona. That kinda makes sense if both BTF and CF we’re waiting on a supplier for some component eg dial or hands.

zqwohv.jpg

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Praying this is true and that they release the Platona with correct lug/SEL attachment as per gen!

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
I hope we get a solid CF and BTF release. Would love to add this piece to my collection. Price seems in line with current 116519LN's from BTF/CF.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
How about wechat dealer? got much lower from mine

I didn’t ask, as I still tend to buy through TDs and pay their premium in exchange for the delivery guarantee.

Out of curiosity, what price were you quoted on WeChat?

Reactions: Lariram

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Pre-order links are up on MiroTime. But no additional photos. Miro is simply using the same “gen” pics from my first post above — the pics from WeChat. I’m tempted to pull the trigger, but I want to make sure the dial has subdial sunbursts before doing so. I can overlook many other flaws, but not that one.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Damn. Think my next collection will be with daytonas.
So nice!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
And here’s the non-diamond dial version. Unfortunately this version has the wrong hands. Sigh… I guess we can’t have everything.

zIrvyY.jpg

zIrME3.jpg

zIru3s.jpg

zIr4rn.jpg

zIr74D.jpg

zIrEck.jpg

zIrRmo.jpg

zIrfCJ.jpg

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
It’s nice to see the attention to detail on the caseback and clasp with the Pt950 markings. And the dot pattern on the crown is two large and one small which I believe is correct for platinum. I don’t think the case shape is quite right though, but it’s hard to tell from the pics — it looks like BTF is reusing the “gold” case profile it has already used.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The first platinum version with the right sells, they seem to protrude like on the gen. The problem will remain the weight :)))

Reactions: dogwood

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
The first platinum version with the right sells, they seem to protrude like on the gen. The problem will remain the weight :)))

Agreed on the weight. But there’s no fixing that thought going to a material like Tungsten-Copper (W85-Cu15) and even then the weight would still be a little low. Pt950 has got a lot of gravity in it.