• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF platinum Daytona

KruisingKhaos95

Got any plums?
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
That's a valid point about the hallmarks and it would not be a deal breaker for me. However for some it is and maybe BTF will correct it. Who knows?

But since the sun burst on the sub dials was corrected (which was the main deal breaker for many), BTF is the better choice for now. We all have different tolerances. It's about what defects you're willing to accept.

Absolutely mate, as you say everyone's tolerances are different and that only helps improve reps for us all in the long run!

Reactions: mmaggi

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
It’s a tough call, but I think BTF is better mostly because they got the dial less obviously wrong. The QF v2 gets the following things wrong / right vs BTF.
  1. QF has no subdial sunburst pattern. BTF gets this right. This is a big and obvious error in my opinion.
  2. Screw down caseback internal markings are for 750 gold not 959 platinum. (BTF is marked as SS)
  3. Caseback hallmarks show a 750 balance hallmark which is wrong. (BTF also gets this wrong).
  4. QF v2 clasp hallmarks are correct. BTF gets this wrong and has marks for Au750 (although this might have been corrected).
  5. QF pics only show one side of the case engraving between the lugs, so it’s unclear if they got the side that BTF messed up correct or now. BTF engraving between the lugs reads STAINLESS STEEL which is obviously incorrect.
  6. QF is more expensive and BTF.
Amazing analysis. . I tend to agree and think BTF inches in front of QF for now. Thank you, brother.

Reactions: WatchWizard

wtforce

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
21/11/22
It’s a tough call, but I think BTF is better mostly because they got the dial less obviously wrong. The QF v2 gets the following things wrong / right vs BTF.
  1. QF has no subdial sunburst pattern. BTF gets this right. This is a big and obvious error in my opinion.
  2. Screw down caseback internal markings are for 750 gold not 950 platinum. (BTF is marked as Stainless Steel which is also wrong but in a different wat)
  3. Caseback hallmarks show a 750 balance hallmark which is wrong. (BTF also gets this wrong).
  4. QF v2 clasp hallmarks are correct. BTF gets this wrong and has marks for Au750 (although this might have been corrected).
  5. QF pics only show one side of the case engraving between the lugs, so it’s unclear if they got the side that BTF messed up correct or now. BTF engraving between the lugs reads STAINLESS STEEL which is obviously incorrect.
  6. QF is more expensive and BTF.
4.) My BTF clasp says 950PT

5.) The engraving between the lugs on mine say ORIG ROLEX DESIGN 116506

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
4.) My BTF clasp says 950PT

5.) The engraving between the lugs on mine say ORIG ROLEX DESIGN 116506
On point 4, awesome.

On point 5, what does it say between the lugs on the other side?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
A couple of wrist shots if anyone wants and specific shots let me know and I will post them... don't mind the finger prints all over them...

Curious, is there a deeper color on the lume model over the baguette model? Which dial do you like more?

WatchWizard

In Training
17/12/21
Australia
Curious, is there a deeper color on the lume model over the baguette model? Which dial do you like more?

They are almost identical; but lighting and the subdials in brown play a major part on the lume model.

I got both as each has its place, but I do like the lume model more for daily use...

erecie01

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/5/22
I wanted to the share the Noob I received in April of this year from JTime

Humzaiq

29/8/22
Amazing analysis. . I tend to agree and think BTF inches in front of QF for now. Thank you, brother.
You’re also forgetting the biggest edge BTF have over all rivals. BTF has deep crystals with such clarity that’s not even seen on gens. It’s as if the crystal is not even there, which makes the dial pop even more. I’ve never seen such high quality crystals in reps before and would never have thought it make such a huge difference.

I received the Bagguette version today (BTF), and am extremely happy with it. Probs my fave rep so far, very eye catching.

Reactions: wisedennis

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I wanted to the share the Noob I received in April of this year from JTime
Very interesting. I think I remember these “noob” or “new noob” versions coming out in the spring in very limited quantities through non-TD sellers. These are probably the result of somebody finding a few boxes of old parts and putting together a few watches and using the “noob” name to sell them. Not that this is a bad looking watch. It does have incorrect hands, but still looks sharp. And certainly at the time it was the only Platona game in town. Wear it in good health!

Reactions: mmaggi

erecie01

7/5/22
Very interesting. I think I remember these “noob” or “new noob” versions coming out in the spring in very limited quantities through non-TD sellers. These are probably the result of somebody finding a few boxes of old parts and putting together a few watches and using the “noob” name to sell them. Not that this is a bad looking watch. It does have incorrect hands, but still looks sharp. And certainly at the time it was the only Platona game in town. Wear it in good health!
Thanks! At the time a lot of dealers were closed. So, I was surprised that this was available. Yes, there still a few thing that are incorrect but I could never afford the real thing and I wear the hell out of this rep because it's my favorite right now.

Reactions: dogwood

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
A couple of wrist shots if anyone wants and specific shots let me know and I will post them... don't mind the finger prints all over them...

Could you please post some images from the diamond dial version a little further away and different angles? Thank you very much.

WatchWizard

In Training
17/12/21
Australia
The rehaut is not correct on the "new noob"