• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF platinum Daytona

Financial Mistake modding

Getting To Know The Place
3/11/22
Germany
I‘m doing this a little bit different…
After cleaning and polishing i activate the stainless steel, than i do a 24kt hard gold plating first to get a perfect finish and to get a strong, scratch-resitant platinum layer afterwards. Than i do the platinum plating. At least i put it in a special solution bath to remove any oxidations on the surface and to get bright and shiny result without any stains. A little hand polishing with microfiber cloth and thats it.
…of course after each step you have to flush the item with destilled water…
And i do it with a pen/tampon galvanic system and not in an electroplating bath because you don‘t reach between the links of the strap very well if you do it by bath

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/18
I've been waiting 5 weeks for the diamond dial from paying. Anyone received their QC recently?

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
@WatchWizard - Very nice. So what was wrong with the watch that you sent it back to BTF? You sent it directly to BTF or you sent it to the TD that you purchased from?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/18
I’ve just changed my order to non diamond. Now they’ve fixed hands, I just prefer it I don’t know why.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I’ve just changed my order to non diamond. Now they’ve fixed hands, I just prefer it I don’t know why.
the dial is still wrong just fyi. the subdial rings are matte and flat instead of rounded and glossy