• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF platinum Daytona

Humzaiq

Horology Curious
29/8/22
Voglio condividere questa bellezza, inviando dal mio nuovo rivenditore in Cina. La base è btf, lunetta CF, quadrante SB diamante. Penso che questo sia l'ultimo daytona platino
Bezel looks black not a dark brown. I don’t think CF make any platonas.

Also, although the dial looks really good. It’s way off from a gen, it’s far too shiny, it doesn’t have that ‘ice’ look.

Not worth double the price of a a stock btf imo

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
In my opinion that dial is a downgrade. It is off from gen by a lot. I am curious how the buff dial looks however.

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20
La lunetta sembra nera, non marrone scuro. Non credo che i CF producano platonas.

Inoltre, anche se il quadrante sembra davvero buono. È molto lontano da una gen, è troppo luccicante, non ha quell'aspetto "ghiaccio".

Non vale il doppio del prezzo di aa stock btf imo
They said that clean profuce the bezel for daytona platinum. However, the light in this photo is on the dial and appears very shine. For me is amazing, as I can't compare the same position and light with the Gen one with a photo

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
In my opinion that dial is a downgrade. It is off from gen by a lot. I am curious how the buff dial looks however.
I’m still waiting on my buff dial. *sigh*… everything is locked down in China at the moment. Buff has been seriously delayed. I’ve been waiting over a month for QC. Even shipments out of Guangzhou have been affected. I got tracking (EMS) for another purchase about two weeks ago, but there still hasn’t even been a pickup scan. I’ve asked the seller, and he thinks the package is likely stuck with a local courier in a locked down neighborhood.

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20
Sto ancora aspettando il mio quadrante buff. *sigh*... al momento tutto è bloccato in Cina. Buff è stato seriamente ritardato. Sto aspettando più di un mese per QC. Anche le spedizioni da Guangzhou sono state colpite. Ho ricevuto il monitoraggio (EMS) per un altro acquisto circa due settimane fa, ma non c'è ancora stata nemmeno una scansione del ritiro. Ho chiesto al venditore e pensa che il pacco sia probabilmente bloccato con un corriere locale in un quartiere chiuso.
How much is buff dial and can you share the pics please?

WatchWizard

In Training
17/12/21
Australia
I’m still waiting on my buff dial. *sigh*… everything is locked down in China at the moment. Buff has been seriously delayed. I’ve been waiting over a month for QC. Even shipments out of Guangzhou have been affected. I got tracking (EMS) for another purchase about two weeks ago, but there still hasn’t even been a pickup scan. I’ve asked the seller, and he thinks the package is likely stuck with a local courier in a locked down neighborhood.
I am not sure people are being told the truth at all..

I have orders coming out of China all the time; in fact I have an EMS that was shipped 15th Nov and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (in Australia)...

This delivery is from VFS and BP; I will however admit that BTF have been very slow with my orders (the trouble with being successful I guess)

All I am saying is done believe the lockdown excuses....

Last edited:

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
Breaking news, there are different parts of China that are being locked down, and not the whole country. Most of the modders and watchsmiths are based in Guangzhou, which means they would be the most affected with parcels going to and fro these lockdown areas.

Most factories and storage units are based OUTSIDE of GZ which means pieces can still be couriered to the shipping companies and sent internationally. However, local courier packages are tracked, and the "likely stuck with a local courier" part sounds slightly shady. If it were trapped, he would receive tracking info that the parcel is being delayed due to lockdowns.

Reactions: mmaggi

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Breaking news, there are different parts of China that are being locked down, and not the whole country. Most of the modders and watchsmiths are based in Guangzhou, which means they would be the most affected with parcels going to and fro these lockdown areas.

Most factories and storage units are based OUTSIDE of GZ which means pieces can still be couriered to the shipping companies and sent internationally. However, local courier packages are tracked, and the "likely stuck with a local courier" part sounds slightly shady. If it were trapped, he would receive tracking info that the parcel is being delayed due to lockdowns.
I was given EMS tracking on Nov 6th. On the 10th I still hadn't seen any updates (not even a "arrival at sorting center scan") on tracking, so I asked and the dealer said "the package was picked up but the whole city (Guangzhou) is under lock down and delivery agents may have difficulty processing orders". On the 15th I still hadn't seen any updates or arrival scans on tracking, so I asked again, my guy said "I hope it's not stuck in lockdown, but if it is, it's safe but just delayed".

For context about the lockdown, Guangzhou is currently facing the largest outbreak of COVID that China has ever had (as in bigger than the initial outbreak in Wuhan). There are currently around 10k new cases in Guangzhou per day... apparently people are randomly getting red health codes on their mobile phones (which is basically the equivalent of house arrest since you can't go anywhere without showing a green health code on your smartphone).

Obviously it sucks that my package is delayed and that my Buff dial is delayed, but when I looked into it, it really does seem like it's chaos at the moment in GZ.

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
Strange as my gear is all send from Guangzhou...
Factories are smuggling watches outside Guangzhou so no problem for that,
but small workshop and modders like Buff wouldn't take the risk.
I've been fine with recent VSF purchase but my buff order is stuck in eternity too

qvp

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/9/22
I saw BTF and NOOB ice dial versions available, both being SA4130. The NOOB being significantly more $. Anyone know why that is? Cheers!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I saw BTF and NOOB ice dial versions available, both being SA4130. The NOOB being significantly more $. Anyone know why that is? Cheers!
Noob is not actually available. Noob got shut down in a raid last year. TDs are terrible at updating their websites. Also the BTF version has a much better dial — BTF dial has sun bursts in the sub-dials like gen.

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE
Noob is not actually available. Noob got shut down in a raid last year. TDs are terrible at updating their websites. Also the BTF version has a much better dial — BTF dial has sun bursts in the sub-dials like gen.
He is probably talking about the "new" Noob Daytonas which were just recently announced by a few TD's. Probably the same story as before with various parts floating around..

Fun fact: the latest Noob 116506 dials before the raids had really nice individual sunburst subdials, but never reached the TD's officially (guess those would be V3 or V4, whatever). Now those dials are appearing in the new Noob listings. Yet the SEL's are still the steel-style, incorrect for precious metal models, so yes.. BTF is definitely the way to go.