• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Appreciation Megathread

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
sorry - I didn't really answer the question ... (A.D.D. flaring up again!)

No, this one isn't going to Bonesy and yeah, the exhibition back on this model is stunning!

BG2.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
and just to over-burden my point ... when I say my cabinet is full, I mean it

These pics were taken the day I finished it .... and it got fuller from that day onward!

GentsDresser1.jpg

GentsDresser4.jpg

this was three months later and shows the 'old' strap on the tourbillon

PensWatches1_zps4e9975f0.jpg

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Hi folks

1. The yellow enamel Breguet box was from memory, produced for one of their editions but I can't recall which - anyway, after reading about their timepieces and deciding to buy a tourby if the right one ever came up, I saw this box during an overseas trip so bought it. No idea if it is anything like the original but I love it. I try to buy boxes for my better watches - and am making a nautical themed one for my Montauk Highway (if I ever get time to do it!!)

2. Thanks for the +ve comments on the watch strap combo - it worked out really well too, I reckon. Strap only cost a few bucks but is a decent quality and lifted the overall presentation of the watch really nicely.

3. My "other" Breguet is sitting in the drawer in my pen/timepiece/tie cabinet and gets zero wrist-time - and as I now have what I regard as the ultimate Breguet timepiece, I am going to sell it sometime - not touting for business at all, but my cabinet is full to overflowing and as yummy as it is, my other takes centre stage.

BTW I bought this FM box (and watch) at the same time as the Breguet one - it's a ripper though was slightly water damaged ... makes it look 'more' authentic to me, but then I spend my life making things look like they have been maintained for generations so maybe I am the only one who thinks a damaged box is a good thing

:)

FM-GroupLR.jpg
Not sure about the water damaged part :) but I also tend to get the boxes for my favorite reps.
I couldnt help but notice that the Franck Muller watch box reps all look great and there are a lot of different cool ones out there.
The Breguet rep boxes that Robbie has seem very close to gen too.

sorry - I didn't really answer the question ... (A.D.D. flaring up again!)

No, this one isn't going to Bonesy and yeah, the exhibition back on this model is stunning!

BG2.jpg

Ok, sorry I had not seen Bonesy's comment above. Very nice watch though, you might regret it.

Alsp, what do you guys think of this model, I know its fantasy but I like it.
And does anyone know what the numbers above the moonphase are for?
http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?mai...d=1966&zenid=f8952182ab66b99686e38d5d855f234f

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Waow Seriph, that is one amazing pen collection you have there!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
So... went out to a great country pub 20 minutes from us - wore my Breguet mechanical and remembered why I bought it .... LIMITLESS with Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro. DeNiro's character wears a Breguet in a scene and I noticed it.

While the models are completely different, its understated class really caught my attention

This was the model in the film apparently: Breguet Classique Automatic 5197BA

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Waow Seriph, that is one amazing pen collection you have there!

Thanks mate - has taken years of research and many stuff ups to get a reasonable collection assembled - I guess I have a further 15 or so that are boxed and stored elsewhere ... these days I only go for super-accurate replicas of MB limited editions. It is sorta research for project I am working on

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
So... went out to a great country pub 20 minutes from us - wore my Breguet mechanical and remembered why I bought it .... LIMITLESS with Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro. DeNiro's character wears a Breguet in a scene and I noticed it.

While the models are completely different, its understated class really caught my attention

This was the model in the film apparently: Breguet Classique Automatic 5197BA

img1310742495zyy.jpg

krispee

1/5/12
Apologies if I have already posted my pics in here - can't recall if I have or not, so here are my two Breguets - tourbillon bought from a member ... extremely happy with it though the deployment had an issue so I bought a replacement strap, which I am also v. happy with

Breguet263-8LR.jpg

Breguet263-4LR.jpg

Breguet263-6LR.jpg
wow, lovely watch, Seriph, your strap is a similar colour to mine, little more tan and beautiful, looks like a croc right?
i can`t wear the deployment clasps very well as i have a small wrist so had to change anyway......i have seen the Tourbillion model you have several times and really admired it as it`s a skeleton and i love skels......
thanks for for the comps on the Orb, i`ve actually noticed a flaw on the tiny gold coloured writing on the back, the Tourbillion writing actually spells Tourbillon, missing the 'i', which is a shame but very few people would ever bother to look at the back let alone see the missing 'i'......
are all your Pens Mont Blancs and all reps?
some amazing collection......

Kris

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
wow, lovely watch, Seriph, your strap is a similar colour to mine, little more tan and beautiful, looks like a croc right?
i can`t wear the deployment clasps very well as i have a small wrist so had to change anyway......i have seen the Tourbillion model you have several times and really admired it as it`s a skeleton and i love skels......
thanks for for the comps on the Orb, i`ve actually noticed a flaw on the tiny gold coloured writing on the back, the Tourbillion writing actually spells Tourbillon, missing the 'i', which is a shame but very few people would ever bother to look at the back let alone see the missing 'i'......
are all your Pens Mont Blancs and all reps?
some amazing collection......

Kris

Hi Kris,
I'm a noob, but wanted to comment...
Isn't "tourbillon" correct? I believe it is not supposed to have that additional "i", so your watch is accurate in spelling it that way.
Perhaps others can chime in if I am incorrect.

krispee

1/5/12
Hi Kris,
I'm a noob, but wanted to comment...
Isn't "tourbillon" correct? I believe it is not supposed to have that additional "i", so your watch is accurate in spelling it that way.
Perhaps others can chime in if I am incorrect.
oh, sorry, my bad, got that wrong, not sure where i got it from but :facepalm:
i`m an idiot lol

Kris

krispee

1/5/12
True :D:

Still no thoughts on that:
i had a look at that watch, Dood, and i honestly don`t know, the days of the month are already represented and they don`t match up with those anyway, so, no idea.....

Seriph: i am looking at maybe getting some rep pens, where is the best place to get them in your opinion?

Kris

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Still no thoughts on that:

It should in theory do exactly what it says on the tin. But the moonphase is more likely to be a 24 hour counter rather than an actual moonphase. But even so I think it's a handsome looking watch.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
KRISPEE - few places have a reliable supply these days. watcheden looks like they have a huge range, but nearly all of their offerings are either total fantasy, or average quality pens.

I will message you with a private contact I have used with fair success.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
BTW for anyone contemplating making a cabinet with dedicated "pen drawer" don't do it like mine - arrange the drawer partitions so the pens are arranged front-to-back ... lessens the rattling around when opening and closing the drawer. Little design flaw there, that is a very slight annoyance but that will never get fixed if I am honest ... too many other projects I have yet to bugger up, to bother fixing this one

:D

krispee

1/5/12
It should in theory do exactly what it says on the tin. But the moonphase is more likely to be a 24 hour counter rather than an actual moonphase. But even so I think it's a handsome looking watch.
the numbers above the moonphase actually go up to 29 1/2, you can see it in the QC pics, i think it is merely decorative......on the original, or something near it, there are the same numbers above the moonphase, up to 29 1/2, and after googling i find that it`s to do with the lunar cycle which only goes up to 29 days 12 hours and 44 minutes, or something like that......

Kris