• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Appreciation Megathread

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yes, the lunar month is not the same as a calendar month :) But it doesn't mean that the disc rotates to that same frequency.

krispee

1/5/12
Yes, the lunar month is not the same as a calendar month :) But it doesn't mean that the disc rotates to that same frequency.
would it be true to say that an original might run at the same frequency while a rep wouldn`t?

Kris

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's possible yes. But you probably won't know until you have it in hand. It's an attractive watch non the less.

krispee

1/5/12
It's possible yes. But you probably won't know until you have it in hand. It's an attractive watch non the less.
true, very nice, looks like a similar movement to my Breguet Chrono, Lemania copy i believe.....Seagull ST-19?

Kris

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
the numbers above the moonphase actually go up to 29 1/2, you can see it in the QC pics, i think it is merely decorative......on the original, or something near it, there are the same numbers above the moonphase, up to 29 1/2, and after googling i find that it`s to do with the lunar cycle which only goes up to 29 days 12 hours and 44 minutes, or something like that......

Kris

Ok thank you guys, hopefully they will still have it in stock somewhere.

Tomsteve

Horology Curious
3/10/13
I like too much Brequet Reference 5827BB/12/9Z8 but size 45mm with white gold. I checked cost $128. Can you please confirm once...

Regards
Tom

DSW3031

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/3/15
I have spent the entire evening on the Brequet thread....thanks to all for your input. This article is most appreciated. My sincere thanks for your time and effort in pulling it all together in a well presented form...especially for noobs like me. I have seen great articles, in depth research, genuine concern and insightful editorial comments. Have found a new hobby. My respect to all.

Breitluc

I'm Pretty Popular
22/5/12
The Netherlands
I have spent the entire evening on the Brequet thread....thanks to all for your input. This article is most appreciated. My sincere thanks for your time and effort in pulling it all together in a well presented form...especially for noobs like me. I have seen great articles, in depth research, genuine concern and insightful editorial comments. Have found a new hobby. My respect to all.

And there's lots more to see! This is the best and most addictive hobby in the world :thumbup:

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
I would really buy a breguet if they could make a superrep of it

EdenResident

7/2/15
I would really buy a breguet if they could make a superrep of it

It will never happen because there is simply no demand for it. Most of your average rep buyer can't really pull off a Breguet in their cargo shorts and t-shirt. I'm actually amazed that there's Breguet reps at all and some come pretty close to the gen, albeit in spirits.

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Breguet classic is 10k. My father actually used to have one before we once got burgalered at home. We got money back from insurance and my dad choose a rolex as the breguet wasn't very reliable movement.

A classic i can pull off. Anything up to 50k i can pull off. Anything above becomes more difficult like the tourbillon

EdenResident

7/2/15
I guess people like you and me are in the minority, seeing as how abandoned this very forum is. The typical clientele of rep watches is those who wear jeans and t-shirt or at least don't have to suit up. They prefer something flashier like Rolex, AP, Hublot, etc. Even for a dressy brand like IWC, they only focus on the sporty lines like the Pilots and ignore the Portuguese, which is actually IWC's bread and butter. I guess understated, classy brands such as Breguet, JLC, VC, Patek are not really sought after, unlike in the gen world.

Don't get me wrong. I wish they had good Breguet reps as well as Breguet is easily my most favorite brand. Ironically, the best Breguet rep to date is probably one of the most expensive ones, a 5-day tourby with power reserve. That's the one that came closest to the gen, IMO.

Reactions: youisallcharacters

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
I cannot pull of a tourby. That is just too much. I most of yhe time wear classic watches. The odd balls like 44mm watches are not comfortable to work with so only when i am not working they are okay. I am on the same level as you. When at school i was mesmerised by the story of breguet and ever since i wanted a few breguets. It is no mass market watch though. You will not see a gangster or rapper wear such a watch. That is what popular. Look at Richard Mille

porsche356

Known Member
23/11/07
at the risk of sounding like Fluffy---I want a Breguet no-date XX chrono so bad!