• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Only a bad comparison pic.
The bezel of the SD is thicker ... special on the "lower" side you can see this.

Here a SD 16600 lug-hole model and a Sub 16610 lug-hole model

If BP has the wrong bracelet and bezel for Sub, then others still waiting for QC photos should be careful!

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Are the bezel sizes of SD and Sub in BP the same dimensions?
If the inner diameter is the same but the thickness is different, the SD bezel may have been installed incorrectly.

These are BP 16610 and BP 16600

KDjP7S.jpeg

KDjCrW.jpeg

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
So the clasp is fine on the 16610 bracelet. Just that the bracelet has polished link sides. Wondering if there is a diy way to make the polished link sides brushed? @KJ2020

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Wondering if there is a diy way to make the polished link sides brushed?

yes, take a dremel machine or similar with polish rotating cloth, polish dialux green and grey, some bracelet fix to stay put and polish :)

something similar

Last edited:
Reactions: watcher009

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Check these photos

the fold over clasp is brushed on both even that polished bracelet of 16610, clasp polished on 16610 as the bracelet, brushed on 16600

Thank you for the photos.

It looks like the bezel and bracelet have been swapped on the SD and Sub.
I will contact Trusty and see if I can get the correct bezel and bracelet for the BP.

hollywoodrollie

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/23
Here are some pics of my BP witht two small mods: replaced the crystal and gasket with a Clark's (AR on cyclops only + LEC) and installaed a Horlogear insert.

This was my first rep mod and I learned quite a few things. You can see my earlier posts in this thread but to here's a quick recap of events.

I started with just wanting to replace the stock insert which had a crooked lume pearl. The first 'Oh shit' moment was afer I popped the bezel and ended up with the crystal + bezel insert in hand. With the help of @KJ2020 I figured out the logic behind the bezel assembly and was able to separate all the parts.

Putting everything back together was challenging, but after a few failed attempts with the wrong tools I finally found a 30.5mm inner diameter bezel on Ali X that I could use as a die to press the retaining ring and reinstall the crystal and gasket back on the case.

The Horlogear bezel insert turned out to be a little to large for the BP bezel so I had the shave the outside. It worked, but if I had to do it again I would be a little more patient and careful. I was expecting it to click in and stay in by friction only so I my attempts to get it seated, I managed to bend it in a couple of places which I then had to correct with a pair of pliers at the end. I also chipped a tiny bit of the black paint... again just need to be more patient. In the end I used B7000 glue to stick the bezel insert.

I had to replace the crystal gasket because the original ones got crushed in one of my failed retaining ring installation attempts so I decided to try a new crystal too. The Clark's crystal and 2.7m gasked fit perfectly and was able to seat the ring with no issues. The BP crystal was not bad so I'll hold on to it.

I have one remaining issue, the bezel rotates fine but it has a tight spot between 2 o'clock and center where there's a bit more resistance. I'm not sure what could be causing it... could it be an issue with the bezel gasket or maybe the retaining ring position?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here are some pics of my BP witht two small mods: replaced the crystal and gasket with a Clark's (AR on cyclops only + LEC) and installaed a Horlogear insert.

This was my first rep mod and I learned quite a few things. You can see my earlier posts in this thread but to here's a quick recap of events.

I started with just wanting to replace the stock insert which had a crooked lume pearl. The first 'Oh shit' moment was afer I popped the bezel and ended up with the crystal + bezel insert in hand. With the help of @KJ2020 I figured out the logic behind the bezel assembly and was able to separate all the parts.

Putting everything back together was challenging, but after a few failed attempts with the wrong tools I finally found a 30.5mm inner diameter bezel on Ali X that I could use as a die to press the retaining ring and reinstall the crystal and gasket back on the case.

The Horlogear bezel insert turned out to be a little to large for the BP bezel so I had the shave the outside. It worked, but if I had to do it again I would be a little more patient and careful. I was expecting it to click in and stay in by friction only so I my attempts to get it seated, I managed to bend it in a couple of places which I then had to correct with a pair of pliers at the end. I also chipped a tiny bit of the black paint... again just need to be more patient. In the end I used B7000 glue to stick the bezel insert.

I had to replace the crystal gasket because the original ones got crushed in one of my failed retaining ring installation attempts so I decided to try a new crystal too. The Clark's crystal and 2.7m gasked fit perfectly and was able to seat the ring with no issues. The BP crystal was not bad so I'll hold on to it.

I have one remaining issue, the bezel rotates fine but it has a tight spot between 2 o'clock and center where there's a bit more resistance. I'm not sure what could be causing it... could it be an issue with the bezel gasket or maybe the retaining ring position?

That looks real good bro, time to enjoy it!

You are on target with your suspected causes of the bezel stiffness in one sector. The bezel gasket can get deformed with repeated removals and installs. It can develop a fat bump that can cause uneven rotation.

Retaining rings can also have the channel where the bezel gasket rides get a little narrower or squashed in one area due to uneven pressing of the cheaply made part. The ring can also get a vertical bend in it when it is pried off. It can be hard to spot this visually but you know where the resistance is so that's the first place to look.

You could wrap some sandpaper around a small tool or toothpick, etc and widen/deepen that retaining ring channel a little. Also the bezel gasket can be sanded gently, both its height and its thickness. Hold it in thumb and forefinger and pull it through a piece of folded sandpaper. Don't pull it so tightly that it gets stretched out, though if that happens you can cut away a short section. You can also just cut away a fat bump.

I've salvaged a few bezel gaskets this way. Then add a thin coat of silicone grease to the bezel gasket. If none of this fixes your issue you can try some other bezel gasket solutions.

Using fishline as a hytrel ring

Bezel/Hytrel ring repair - Long term

Last edited:

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
It looks like the bezel and bracelet have been swapped on the SD and Sub.

Are you saying that the complete bezel from 16600 is messed up with the one on 16610 ?

I will contact Trusty and see if I can get the correct bezel and bracelet for the BP.

Curious what he answers, please share after he answers, I have another 16610 on order with him and still not QC'd yet

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU

Nice work !
Thanks for sharing the process and challenges

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Are you saying that the complete bezel from 16600 is messed up with the one on 16610 ?

Curious what he answers, please share after he answers, I have another 16610 on order with him and still not QC'd yet
My personal opinion.
When I look at your pictures...
SD with bezel and bracelet for 16610.
Sub with bezel and bracelet for SD.

I think they were swapped and installed at the factory.

I have sent an email to Trusty.
Still no reply.

I will post the results as soon as I hear from them.
KD8h7j.jpeg

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
Got my QC of the 16613 yesterday and GL it. Asked Andrew if movement is VR3135 but no answer up to now.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
My personal opinion.
When I look at your pictures...
SD with bezel and bracelet for 16610.
Sub with bezel and bracelet for SD.

I think they were swapped and installed at the factory.

Bracelets definitely swapped, we all agree here, its good for future buyers know what to ask and look from TD

The bezels doesn't look f#cked up, the sd 16600 is thicker than sub 16610, the bezel teeth are downwards on 16610 and more on the upper part on 16600 as the gen are or Im completely blind and need to change my glasses :)

KD8GmX.jpeg

You are correct with the insert & crystal compared with gen on 16610, they are flat on bp and that is creating a strange effect when looking at it.

I have sent an email to Trusty.
Still no reply.

I will post the results as soon as I hear from them.

Thank you, lets see what he says.

And a photo for those who are still waiting theirs :D .....

Last edited:
Reactions: trash3939

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Because of the step in the case, the 5-digit ring could not fit without modification.
We replaced the gasket with a thicker one and changed the height of the crystal glass.
The bracelet was replaced with the old BP93250.

KDBewW.jpeg

KDB5VS.jpeg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Because of the step in the case, the 5-digit ring could not fit without modification.
We replaced the gasket with a thicker one and changed the height of the crystal glass.
The bracelet was replaced with the old BP93250.

KDBewW.jpeg

KDB5VS.jpeg
How did the taller gasket affect the date mag?

Reactions: flashu