• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
We replaced the gasket with a thicker one and changed the height of the crystal glass.

KDB5VS.jpeg

Great, can you take a photo from top face up, thank you

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
3.0 gasket was used.

I personally don't mind the range.
The crystal thickness (top number) and gasket height (bottom number) both affect how big and bold the date looks and how large the date window appears. Not everyone is OCD about these differences but to some it is a grail quest to get it close to gen. I take pics and do side by side collages when installing a new crystal and gasket. I probably can tolerate a little more variance than most but large and bold are deal breakers to me.

jpTPXP.jpg

jpTCqJ.jpg

jpTpZo.jpg

jpTQsk.jpg

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
The crystal thickness (top number) and gasket height (bottom number) both affect how big and bold the date looks and how large the date window appears. Not everyone is OCD about these differences but to some it is a grail quest to get it close to gen. I take pics and do side by side collages when installing a new crystal and gasket. I probably can tolerate a little more variance than most but large and bold are deal breakers to me.

jpTpZo.jpg

jpTQsk.jpg
Thank you for your continued excellent guidance.

I personally think the change in DW magnification is acceptable.
I was more concerned about the height of the crystal glass.

Reactions: KJ2020

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Does anyone know the stock crystal thickness and stock crystal gasket height for the bp sub?

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Curious what he answers, please share after he answers, I have another 16610 on order with him and still not QC'd yet
Trusty replied.

(Please allow me to check and email you an update.)

The content was this.
It seems that they need more time.

Reactions: flashu

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Wow that looks really good. That’s how the crystal should sit. Even a tiny bit higher would be acceptable. . Amazing rep for $325. I just keep thinking that 10 years ago you would have to spend $2500 to build a franken watch to get this accurate of a look and feel. It’s amazing how far we have come. I’ll be doing the same 3.0 gasket swap on mine when I do the single side AR crystal swap.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Finally got my QC. I think he forgot about me because I talked to him and suddenly that afternoon the watch showed up. 🤷🏼‍♂️ oh well at least it’s getting done. Black 16618 that will be getting a better crystal and gen insert for now.

KDw6ss.jpeg

KDw9hn.jpeg

pinoyako04

Getting To Know The Place
24/3/21
Got back from business trip today and opened the freshly delivered 16613LN package for a quick shot, so excited 😀.
More all around pictures tomorrow.

More picture please, on the wrist..ordered one too, waiting for QC! 🙂