• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

EarlOfBacon

bad old man ...
19/11/23
Germoney
A very cool story - nice read up ;)

Nothing speaks against to drill lug holes into these BPs.
But when you start with this, than you need to make also some other actions ;)
- remove the Rehaut engraving
> You can keep the bracelt with SEL = reason: there was a period when Rolex had on the Sub 16610 Lug-hole case but already SEL-bracelet =93250

Same for the 16613 as above written.
Drill lug holes - than you should remove the Rehaut engraving.
The rest as mentioned above.

You can PM, I have some contacts to skilled watch smiths for all your wished works within your home country ;)
Thanks a lot for kind words and advise, will contact you soon ...

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Is this just for the bracelet or also the bezel?
In our email correspondence we discuss bezels and bracelets.

Depending on how much Trusty Time understands, we will have to wait until after the factory is closed for the Chinese New Year vacation.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
My TT arrived
KZAqVn.jpeg

KZAyGY.jpeg

KZAYps.jpeg

KZAOi3.jpeg

KZA9LD.jpeg

KZAn8k.jpeg

KZA67o.jpeg

KZArzJ.jpeg

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Is it advisable to use scotch brite pads on the polished bracelet links sides to get them the brushed finish?

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Where are yall finding good 5 digit bracelets? I see one on Alibaba that is $200 bucks!

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Where are yall finding good 5 digit bracelets? I see one on Alibaba that is $200 bucks!

Next order open for the Italian bracelet
320 euro / pcs + shipping
Check the parts section

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is it advisable to use scotch brite pads on the polished bracelet links sides to get them the brushed finish?
You can but sandpaper will do it a lot faster.

Wrap a piece of 600 grit around a thin wood block about the same width as a link so your sanding will be more uniform. Try to keep the paper as flat as possible to the link side. You can try 400 grit if you need to get more aggressive but use lighter pressure.

Once you get all of the shine dulled you can finish with Scotchbrite to leave a nice finish.

Make sure your grains go vertically. Here is a gen 91350 bracelet with an added link that used to be polished, now brushed.

KZLmNK.jpeg

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown

I’ve got a prof 6digit crystal and a raffles champagne date disc to swap in.

Deciding if:
- I need a gen insert? Is this one good?
- dare I try to sandpaper sides of bracelet?

Reactions: cpd2186 and flashu

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
A grey scotch pad works nicely I used it to brush out scratches on my 16610 clasp and bracelet where it gets scuffed, I practiced on a cheap Hongkong street watch I bought for a laugh years ago to check the finish and its almost like stock. Just take it easy and only brush in one direction, best done dry and then dust off to avoid extra abrasion from the material dust. It does take some time bit look excellent, nothing worse than that high speed buffed look on what is supposed to be be satin brushed. Best if doing the sides to take the bracelet off and maybe tape something along the inside like a lolly stick to keep it straight then you can brush one whole side at a time, then check the finish with the outer links. Good luck

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12

I’ve got a prof 6digit crystal and a raffles champagne date disc to swap in.

Deciding if:
- I need a gen insert? Is this one good?
Not worth it.. is not gen construction so let it be.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU

Lovely watch :)

Yes, do try, it’s an old 5 digit sub, nothing wrong with a messed up bracelet if anything goes wrong, will add authenticity 😎

Leave aside the discussions bezel gasket bracelet this and that, we all have to admit that for the money there is little to complain on such good looking reiteration of 5digits

Last edited:

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Leave aside the discussions bezel gasket bracelet this and that, we all have to admit that for the money there is little to complain on such good looking reiteration of 5digits
Well said.. couldn’t agree with you more

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
You can but sandpaper will do it a lot faster.

Wrap a piece of 600 grit around a thin wood block about the same width as a link so your sanding will be more uniform. Try to keep the paper as flat as possible to the link side. You can try 400 grit if you need to get more aggressive but use lighter pressure.

Once you get all of the shine dulled you can finish with Scotchbrite to leave a nice finish.

Make sure your grains go vertically. Here is a gen 91350 bracelet with an added link that used to be polished, now brushed.
Thank you for always being so helpful and sharing your valuable knowledge with us..

Reactions: KJ2020

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Thank you for always being so helpful and sharing your valuable knowledge with us..
I did a pretty poor job but can over it again with a scotch brute pad, at least it doesn’t look polished.

I finally get the appeal of the 5 digits. These are knocksround watches to be worn aNflx lived in. Not precious trophies to baby and keep pristine.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
can over it again with a scotch brute pad, at least it doesn’t look polished.

Well done, you can refine the brush now and will be great.
👍
It looks more real now anyway :)

I finally get the appeal of the 5 digits. These are knocksround watches to be worn aNflx lived in. Not precious trophies to baby and keep pristine.

Exactly this, as they were supposed to be before instagram and “can I go out wearing my Rolex in the pool” “is it safe to go out and …….”

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Well done, you can refine the brush now and will be great.
👍
It looks more real now anyway :)

Exactly this, as they were supposed to be before instagram and “can I go out wearing my Rolex in the pool” “is it safe to go out and …….”
I’m learning!!