• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
A good choice ;)
Post some pics when you have it. The crystal "height postion" to the bezel looks good on the timegrapher.
It’s not too bad. Could come up a tiny bit more or maybe the Gen insert will be flatter. I have a couple of those old JF16610 crystals (pre-ARF) that were single side AR and I’ve got a number of crystal gaskets of different heights. Ideally you want that bevel on the crystal just above The insert. The single side AR should help that dull dial printing pop a little more. Nice work on that write up you did. There’s a LOT of great info in there. I know how long that takes to put together so thank you for doing it.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
My TT arrived

KZA67o.jpeg
that dial printing doesn’t look too bad on yours. I thought it was going to be a lot more faded. Very good looking watch out of the box.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
I also tried sanding the sides of the bracelet with sandpaper.
KZpTIF.jpeg
If you take the bracelet off and then support it so its like a rigid, and then lay the grey scotch pad down on a flat surface and then wipe the edges of the strap along the length of the bracelet so the brushing is even across the edge will look good and does take time. you want the brushing to be in the same direction as the brushing on the front section so from watch case to clasp, as opposed to edge to edge on the bracelet, Ive done this on a gen with the grey scotch pad as they are very fine, and it gets rid of all those annoying little scratches, keep the brush finish not too smooth not too course, without taking too much material off that sanding can do. Still they dont look too bad for a first attempt.

Reactions: trash3939

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's always good to practice any modding you've never done before on a junk or spare part. Only after you've achieved at least some measure of experience, confidence, and competence should it be attempted on a display piece.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
It's always good to practice any modding you've never done before on a junk or spare part. Only after you've achieved at least some measure of experience, confidence, and competence should it be attempted on a display piece.
Now I can see that

Reactions: trash3939