• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
So what’s the consensus about these watches? Are they constructed well enough to consider? They look good, but looks is only one thing.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
So what’s the consensus about these watches? Are they constructed well enough to consider? They look good, but looks is only one thing.

From pics and feedback, they are well built and well finished. Perfectly credible for semi vintage watches of that time. BP standards.

Reactions: johnlogan

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Show me a better Rolex at 400 dollars and ill take it.
Last price I saw for a 2007 - 2009 was about 7-8k :D

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I am now on my fourth QC, as the customs authorities have unfortunately taken my order.

@Dizzy
could you take a quick look at it and tell me whether it's the right VR / hybrid or SH? thank you very much !!!

I will take it anyway, the whole ordering process has already taken three months and I can now wait another 3-4 weeks for shipping. can hardly wait, the joy is too great :)

yes that is a real VR before they merged companies.

Reactions: Zaron

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I also had a hit and miss experience. my BP16618 was a piece of garbage with the old wire bezel retainer and a messed up movement that I had to repair. Then my blue BP16613 was very very nice. Perfect VR movement. Nice and clean. Then my 16610 was even worse garbage than the first one. Super magnetized and Running +99 sec / day fast. Movement was full of dirt and junk and ended up replacing the movement yet again. TD didn't seem to care that half the watches i buy are junk when they arrive to me. QC at BP sure is inconsistent to put it nicely.

Reactions: Zaron and Reaps

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
I also had a hit and miss experience. my BP16618 was a piece of garbage with the old wire bezel retainer and a messed up movement that I had to repair. Then my blue BP16613 was very very nice. Perfect VR movement. Nice and clean. Then my 16610 was even worse garbage than the first one. Super magnetized and Running +99 sec / day fast. Movement was full of dirt and junk and ended up replacing the movement yet again. TD didn't seem to care that half the watches i buy are junk when they arrive to me. QC at BP sure is inconsistent to put it nicely.
Argh this QC inconsistency is the only thing holding me back! I know BP is mid tier but the horror stories I heard about sticky tape as a movement holder and dirty movements is turning me off from getting another 16613LN

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Argh this QC inconsistency is the only thing holding me back! I know BP is mid tier but the horror stories I heard about sticky tape as a movement holder and dirty movements is turning me off from getting another 16613LN
My blue 16613 was perfect. I love it, but After 10+ years of using the same TD, I have stopped using them and moved on to hopefully a better experience. I spent a lot of money with them. Oh well. I just ordered a BP16710 gmt and we shall see how this works out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Those are good all the way : OOTB to good base watch to mod, they get you the best of a rep pricewise.

My modded/franken BP 16613LN says Hi

Very nice. I modded my blue one to look like a 16803. Lug holes and polished the gold off the clasp. It's one of my favorite watches to wear right now.

Reactions: mrsullivan

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I remain tempted but I don’t like there’s a luck of the draw element in play. we all should know luck can run out so I’m going to enjoy the new watches I have gotten this year

Zaron

Getting To Know The Place
15/9/20
Austria AT 🇦🇹
I have finally received my 16613lb from Trusty after 3 months. The overall look is good.

My biggest problem is the bezel. It has about 1mm air to the case. And can be pushed down like a spring - then bounces back like a trampoline. Am I the only one with this problem? How can this be remedied?

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
I have finally received my 16613lb from Trusty after 3 months. The overall look is good.

My biggest problem is the bezel. It has about 1mm air to the case. And can be pushed down like a spring - then bounces back like a trampoline. Am I the only one with this problem? How can this be remedied?
Press down while holding the bezel from four sides. Say from 50, 10, 40 and 20. Press down firmly and simultaneously from all four sides. You’ll need an extra pair of hands so ask someone to help you

Reactions: Zaron and Reaps

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22

Off topic but love the suit bud.

Reactions: Zaron

pinoyako04

24/3/21

we have the same problem mate, its too wobbly..is gen like that or not..will try to press it in 4 sides hopely it will fix,

pinoyako04

24/3/21
Press down while holding the bezel from four sides. Say from 50, 10, 40 and 20. Press down firmly and simultaneously from all four sides. You’ll need an extra pair of hands so ask someone to help you
Does your bp have this problem too? thats my problem..there’s a gap between the bezel & case..its wobbly, will try that hopenit will fix,