• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

DeLoMan

3/2/19
BP 16610 LV
17003503740530.jpg

Not for Frankening, ofc. But not a shitter either. The wider lug chamfers are much more noticeable in pics than IRL.

The Alibaba 16610s are Sillan, not Silix. Silix used to be a TD here and elsewhere, now defunct. They sold both low price models and super low price Economy models which many modders used as bases to make much nicer reps.

For the price, I think that looks great!

Reactions: Temple and KJ2020

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I’ve just ordered my LN. The first thing I’ll do is get that bezel in some bleach for 10 minutes to get it nice and matt, and shake the case and bracelet around with some stones and nails for a similar amount of time. It needs 20 years added to it.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’ve just ordered my LN. The first thing I’ll do is get that bezel in some bleach for 10 minutes to get it nice and matt, and shake the case and bracelet around with some stones and nails for a similar amount of time. It needs 20 years added to it.
Haha, just use some small stones and nails bro.

Remember that to get the insert out, you'll need to remove the crystal from the inside. I wouldn't risk bleaching it still installed in the bare case due to compromising the adhesive. Too bad as otherwise that would save some hassle.

Some more info from another post of mine:

To get the stock crystal out, you have to remove the movement, then push the crystal out from inside. Usually it will pop out with just thumb(s).

I just did one a couple nights ago so I could upgrade the insert with a new pearl. Here are some pics.

HkaMCo.jpeg

Hka4ik.jpeg

HkakcD.jpeg

HkadwY.jpeg

HkaXYs.jpeg

The crystal just gets pressed back into the already seated gasket. Angle it so one side of the crystal lower step gets inside the gasket, then apply sideways pressure in that direction to help the unseated side overcome the opposite side gasket lip. It usually goes in fairly easily by hand.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Haha, just use some small stones and nails bro.

Remember that to get the insert out, you'll need to remove the crystal from the inside. I wouldn't risk bleaching it still installed in the bare case due to compromising the adhesive. Too bad as otherwise that would save some hassle.

Some more info from another post of mine:
Nice one.

On my BP Sea Dweller it was easy as the construction was gen like. I just popped the bezel and boom. I’ve replaced the bezel in my 16710, which I managed to do with just a scalpel blade. I think it will pop out if you hot glue a matchstick to it as well.

I think there are plenty of better aftermarket inserts available for this though, so preserving the one it comes with is not a priority.

As for the bucket of grit, yeah - gently does it. I want it to look old and yet loved. Just like me!

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
The bp 16610 looks so nice... Waiting for it

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
No qc pics yet ?
I seen 16613 has wrong bracelet with 93250,16600 with 93250 too.
The only one is 16610 :)

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Anyone know the serial number on those BPs. I suspect its M series 2007/8?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It has no good sels
Some pic angles may not be all that flattering. But among its various flaws, I wouldn't include SELs. They are reasonably uniform and snugly fitting with a good recess. Very acceptable at this price point IMO.

H4x0Ji.jpeg

H4xSdX.jpeg

Last edited: