• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I wish It were possible to skeletonize that tiny piece at 7. That said the current price it's at, once it comes out in the Yas Marina outfit, i'm placing an order.
I think i would rather get a less reflective crystal tbh, all of the pics I've seen there's a blue sheen from the AR

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
I wish It were possible to skeletonize that tiny piece at 7. That said the current price it's at, once it comes out in the Yas Marina outfit, i'm placing an order.
there is already a newer version of this same movement out that is fully skeletonized as per gen. right now it is about 5-6k. maybe BBR will use it in their next release. It is bound to happen

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Cost wise, surely the Gen Vaucher makes no sense at all. Great comparison vid though, helpful for the uneducated such as myself :)

Well the clone shown in the video is still 5-6k alone, and the free sprung clone about 9k. At the end of the day they are still clones, Chinese made. While the Gen vaucher movements are ….. Gen. Obviously will me much more high quality , and reliable. In terms of being worth it, that depends on the buyer and what they want

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
The problem with even the Vaucher is that it was still reworked and extensively modded in China just like the clones, and while I'm sure they're awesome, they're effectively unrepairable and the price premium is completely insane. Quite honestly factory movements are probably always the better buy just since they're made in actual factories, which implies that parts are being made on a scale that you can actually get them. If this thing ever goes out, you've got yourself a $30k paperweight. If you're dedicated to chasing the 1:1 I guess it makes sense but the whole value proposition of reps peters out the closer you get to "normal watch" prices IMHO.

Reactions: Panda and Temple

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
The problem with even the Vaucher is that it was still reworked and extensively modded in China just like the clones, and while I'm sure they're awesome, they're effectively unrepairable and the price premium is completely insane. Quite honestly factory movements are probably always the better buy just since they're made in actual factories, which implies that parts are being made on a scale that you can actually get them. If this thing ever goes out, you've got yourself a $30k paperweight. If you're dedicated to chasing the 1:1 I guess it makes sense but the whole value proposition of reps peters out the closer you get to "normal watch" prices IMHO.
Good point. Again to each their own. hope BBR or ZF gets their hands on this soon 🤩. Agreed with you on that point

In terms of servicing . Even 100% Gen watches can be difficult to repair & find parts. Especially if buying older pieces out of warranty. That said though , all my Frankens with Gen movements (ap2385 etc) have all been serviced by reputable watch makers , never had any issues getting replacement parts etc. The vaucher movement RM uses isn’t that complicated, it’s a very easy movement to service & repair as per my watchmaker.

I do have to admit , I have a Gen vaucher bubba build on hand , and a clone . You can’t even compare the two in terms of overall quality, finishing etc. night and day. I will post some pics shortly.

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Good point. Again to each their own. hope BBR or ZF gets their hands on this soon 🤩. Agreed with you on that point

In terms of servicing . Even 100% Gen watches can be difficult to repair & find parts. Especially if buying older pieces out of warranty. That said though , all my Frankens with Gen movements (ap2385 etc) have all been serviced by reputable watch makers , never had any issues getting replacement parts etc. The vaucher movement RM uses isn’t that complicated, it’s a very easy movement to service & repair as per my watchmaker.

I do have to admit , I have a Gen vaucher bubba build on hand , and a clone . You can’t even compare the two in terms of overall quality, finishing etc. night and day. I will post some pics shortly.
True on the gen watches, I know there are some that are notorious for being ridiculous to service, RMs included, and they've got you over a barrel for parts so there are no real cost controls. The movement in the 55 def is simple, but I would imagine that if the parts aren't interchangeable with gen that you'd be SOL if something physically broke.

Love to see the photos, this is a genre of reps that we generally don't get to see and that's pretty rad! I'm also hopeful that some factory will get ahold of the (clone) movement and bring the price downmarket a bit once the hype has calmed down, but we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Panda

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
The BBRv3 alone seems like a big step forward. Let’s hope this evolution continues with some of these higher spec movements to drive the price down🤞