• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
The problem with even the Vaucher is that it was still reworked and extensively modded in China just like the clones, and while I'm sure they're awesome, they're effectively unrepairable and the price premium is completely insane. Quite honestly factory movements are probably always the better buy just since they're made in actual factories, which implies that parts are being made on a scale that you can actually get them. If this thing ever goes out, you've got yourself a $30k paperweight. If you're dedicated to chasing the 1:1 I guess it makes sense but the whole value proposition of reps peters out the closer you get to "normal watch" prices IMHO.

Keep in mind the reason for the premium is the thief’s selling these Vauchers as gen in the gen market.

Crazy crazy stuff.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Keep in mind the reason for the premium is the thief’s selling these Vauchers as gen in the gen market.

Crazy crazy stuff.
I didn't even think of that but holy shit that'd be one hell of a lucrative scam. Crazy stuff indeed!

Reactions: krkqm2008

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Question is, is it the dealers who are shady or the people. Also is it pure ignorance that people are getting away with this?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
NTPT version with the white rehaut and v3 movement just dropped on Amowatch, stands to reason the others are coming soon. Carbon looks nice, not as wavy as the JBF RM53 I'm wearing but the pattern looks pretty good. Once the Yas comes out I may have to add that one too...

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
These BBR v3 looks great but there is still an extra gear at 9 o'clock, I wonder why....they made everything look so similar but spoiled the look with the extra gear.

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
These BBR v3 looks great but there is still an extra gear at 9 o'clock, I wonder why....they made everything look so similar but spoiled the look with the extra gear.
To me the down point is not the gear
Is the movement part at 6pm where it’s a really fat compared to gen

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
That extra gear is solvable, only question is you willing to pay $5k for a vaucher clone? Me? I don't think a gear is worth 5k 🙈

Tobel

6/7/17
you are right, gen bubba does not that much blue AR Tint
Kinda of a shame, that's the kind of issues that reps had 10/15 years ago. Why go through all these errors to make a movement look more accurate when it's behind a crystal that becomes obviously too blue?

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Kinda of a shame, that's the kind of issues that reps had 10/15 years ago. Why go through all these errors to make a movement look more accurate when it's behind a crystal that becomes obviously too blue?

It’s obvious my little padawan,
They want to have problems so they can fix it on V4, V5, V6 then oops, V7 fixed something, but something already fixed before is back! Oh no guys, so sorry, need to wait for V8!

Or pay for the voucher, f**k the voucher clone.
That’s low even for our rep standards.

Tobel

6/7/17
It’s obvious my little padawan,
They want to have problems so they can fix it on V4, V5, V6 then oops, V7 fixed something, but something already fixed before is back! Oh no guys, so sorry, need to wait for V8!

Or pay for the voucher, f**k the voucher clone.
That’s low even for our rep standards.
I've never believed in these theories. This is misunderstanding Chinese culture and ways of doing business.

It's likely that no one ever cared for that detail on that watch, or a better version was not readily available

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I've never believed in these theories. This is misunderstanding Chinese culture and ways of doing business.

It's likely that no one ever cared for that detail on that watch, or a better version was not readily available
And do you really think the people investing hard on machinery for these mega clone movements, NTPT carbon, Gold cncs and everything they are making are strictly Chinese culture abiding citizens? I know for a fact that this is not the case.

It’s pure capitalism, everyone does this.
Car, tech, security, anything companies they bring a feature, take it away then bring it back as a new thing again. Capitalism 1 o 1

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
And do you really think the people investing hard on machinery for these mega clone movements, NTPT carbon, Gold cncs and everything they are making are strictly Chinese culture abiding citizens? I know for a fact that this is not the case.

Car, tech, security, anything companies they bring a feature, take it away then bring it back as a new thing again. Capitalism 1 o 1
Keep also in mind that this replica watch business is a million business for them

Reactions: Th4ySoN

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
let's not forget this is where we were in 2016 / 2017 with reps and there were only options like KVF. RM reps has come a long way since...

KOSWYc.jpeg

Tobel

6/7/17

I'm saying the opposite, that mixing and matching complex, costly parts, such as the ones you mention, and cheaper ones that have an obvious flaw is not strategic but just oversight or tactical. It doesn't matter if you have a super duper clone movement if you're going to pair it with a low level crystal.

You're assuming that they make their margin with repeat customers who come back for the latest model to get this or that little flaw corrected, when the majority of buyers, representing the volume of sales, are not like us on this forum and would be oblivious of these tiny flaws

Reactions: BIONONE

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I'm saying the opposite, that mixing and matching complex, costly parts, such as the ones you mention, and cheaper ones that have an obvious flaw is not strategic but just oversight or tactical. It doesn't matter if you have a super duper clone movement if you're going to pair it with a low level crystal.

You're assuming that they make their margin with repeat customers who come back for the latest model to get this or that little flaw corrected, when the majority of buyers, representing the volume of sales, are not like us on this forum and would be oblivious of these tiny flaws
Agreed, newcomers won’t give a shit.

But, I still think a big chunk of the margins are from us, we are not only a big part of it as we set the standards for the newcomers that will read this. Nowadays if we put replica on Google RWI will pop straight away. We are the baseline imho.

And I agree with oversights, just not when TDs are getting consistently questioned about the same issue. Sometimes grotesque things they got wrong like the Pepsi bezel saga (which btw even Rolex has issues making it), the no date watches with ghost crown position, they can do better, they just don’t want to do it all in one go.

When they make a watch that is truly close and 1:1 with gen, then it’s 100% sure they will sell a lot, just completely ignoring that the same client may not comeback as now he already hit the jackpot and has something really precise.