• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Got my QC over the weekend, should be shipping out tomorrow. I was surprised at how skeletonized it actually is in my photos! You can't really tell in the pics on Biao or the other TD pages, but the barrels and wheels are all hollowed out and worked in the same style as gen so besides the chonky bit at 7:00 it's a damn good replica. I'm really excited about this guy, should be a fantastic summer watch and I hope I can daily it for years!

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Got my QC over the weekend, should be shipping out tomorrow. I was surprised at how skeletonized it actually is in my photos! You can't really tell in the pics on Biao or the other TD pages, but the barrels and wheels are all hollowed out and worked in the same style as gen so besides the chonky bit at 7:00 it's a damn good replica. I'm really excited about this guy, should be a fantastic summer watch and I hope I can daily it for years!
Really looking forward to you sharing some wrist shots/reviews when you get it 🤩

Reactions: GiantSquid

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Still waiting for mine, but definitely love your post! 😍

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I think the BBRs have longer straps, I have to wear mine on the smallest size when I usually have one or two holes to spare on KVF or ZF straps. The Velcro should be good for smaller wrists, though; hopefully you got the special with the extra velcro strap and screwdriver! Looks rad aside from that, wear in good health!

Tobel

6/7/17
Is there a mod that can fix this? Just got mine and absolutely love it, but the AR tint is driving me nuts.
I think AR can be removed but then you end up with a no AR crystal, when I think gen RM's have AR, just that it's not blue (or not as blue...)

Curious to know as well

Reaps

-
25/9/22
It’s obvious my little padawan,
They want to have problems so they can fix it on V4, V5, V6 then oops, V7 fixed something, but something already fixed before is back! Oh no guys, so sorry, need to wait for V8!

Or pay for the voucher, f**k the voucher clone.
That’s low even for our rep standards.
I think you overestimate how difficult it is to manufacture watch movements and watch cases, we just see the end result..... these parts are freaking tiny, hundreds of parts go into a single watch, you need to manufacture or source each of them

Now, bear in mind, this industry is ILLEGAL, so supply chains don't work like normal either, you can't just interact with normal manufacturing factories to produce it, you have to do smoke and mirrors, parts come and go, you can't exactly go to a watch part factory that legally produces parts and say "please make me a Rolex 1:1 clone thanks...."

Name me a factory that has EVER nailed a V1 release all in one go, perfectly..... never... not a single one... it takes iteration and time to produce a decent clone....

If it was so easy, why is China the only country in the world that can produce replicas? It's not easy.....

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I think you overestimate how difficult it is to manufacture watch movements and watch cases, we just see the end result..... these parts are freaking tiny, hundreds of parts go into a single watch, you need to manufacture or source each of them

Now, bear in mind, this industry is ILLEGAL, so supply chains don't work like normal either, you can't just interact with normal manufacturing factories to produce it, you have to do smoke and mirrors, parts come and go, you can't exactly go to a watch part factory that legally produces parts and say "please make me a Rolex 1:1 clone thanks...."

Name me a factory that has EVER nailed a V1 release all in one go, perfectly..... never... not a single one... it takes iteration and time to produce a decent clone....

If it was so easy, why is China the only country in the world that can produce replicas? It's not easy.....

I understand everything you say.
Really.

But I stopped long time ago to be naive to think people will always do their best always. Specially with so many difficulties as you said so well.

All I’m saying here is that is in their interest to have something to correct for the next version. And my biggest point being things that are fixed and comeback to being as bad or worse than before.

Is not by incident that they charge so much for a Vaucher, that is literally almost impossible to distinguish from gen. They can do if they want and people pay, and I honestly think in the next few years this will be more and more evident.
If you want better there will be the cnc 1:1 options, the deep xtals and custom dials etc. Hence why I say that money talks and it’s pure capitalism.

And on a separate note, making money it’s never easy, it shouldn’t be easy. Otherwise we wouldn’t have a rep forum at all.

razr321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/17
I think AR can be removed but then you end up with a no AR crystal, when I think gen RM's have AR, just that it's not blue (or not as blue...)

Curious to know as well
$245 from Prof, 6-7 week turnaround time though...kinda torn cuz I want to make the mods but I will definitely miss the watch if it's gone for so long

Reactions: Tobel

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21
Wow I look away for a few months and come back to this new version, looks fantastic for the price and compared to V3

Tobel

6/7/17
$245 from Prof, 6-7 week turnaround time though...kinda torn cuz I want to make the mods but I will definitely miss the watch if it's gone for so long
Both front and back xtals? Do you have to ship the watch to him or he sends xtals to you and you deal with your modder?

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Has anyone received QC for an ntpt version yet?