• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I've heard rumors that the v3 movement came from the Dandong factory, and if that's true it makes a lot of sense since they have a history of cloning movements and doing it well. As noted somewhere upthread this appears to be a unique movement instead of a miyota with new bridges and geometry, and Dandong is one of the few capable of making unique movements well. I ordered mine last night, hoping that this ends up being the RM version of the 3135 or whatever that original Dandong rolex clone was that changed the entire game.

Reactions: Tobel

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
I've heard rumors that the v3 movement came from the Dandong factory, and if that's true it makes a lot of sense since they have a history of cloning movements and doing it well. As noted somewhere upthread this appears to be a unique movement instead of a miyota with new bridges and geometry, and Dandong is one of the few capable of making unique movements well. I ordered mine last night, hoping that this ends up being the RM version of the 3135 or whatever that original Dandong rolex clone was that changed the entire game.

No apparently the Dandong movement has to be bought separate but it is expensive AF.

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
That doesn't sound like DD's normal strategy. In the past their entire game has been making clone movements, doing an exclusivity contract initially to recoup investment, and the second the exclusivity contract ends it's all over the place. We've seen it with all the Rolex clones they've made so far, and making a super-expensive movement doesn't jive with their past practices. I might be wrong but it does sound odd to me.

Reactions: BIONONE

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
That doesn't sound like DD's normal strategy. In the past their entire game has been making clone movements, doing an exclusivity contract initially to recoup investment, and the second the exclusivity contract ends it's all over the place. We've seen it with all the Rolex clones they've made so far, and making a super-expensive movement doesn't jive with their past practices. I might be wrong but it does sound odd to me.
Hmm yeah it is weird… but here is what he sent me.

Video link: https://imgur.com/a/1dADNwH

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Is that supposed to be the more expensive movement? It looks very very similar to the v3 shown upthread and the hands being at the exact position to block the biggest tell is fishy to me. Other than that, this looks like a great BBR v3.

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
Is that supposed to be the more expensive movement? It looks very very similar to the v3 shown upthread and the hands being at the exact position to block the biggest tell is fishy to me. Other than that, this looks like a great BBR v3.

Apparently lol, dropping it here for some expert input 😝

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
That's V3 that's on intime. usual chinese tactics, using the watch hands to cover the bottom section. I've seen this many times before. The time is always "strategically set"
Fkng annoying!

Reactions: Jimbothegreat

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
Well I placed an order for mine. Let me know what type of info you guys want and I’ll let you know when I have the watch in hand :)

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I'm waiting for QC on mine, I was really hopeful for the v1 BBR to be my new daily but after like 4months the stuttering got worse and it was probably a matter of time till it overbanked. Going off of rumors only, if this is made by DD/Peacock and is as stable as their movements almost always are, I'm hoping this will run like a top and I can daily it forever.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Looking forward to the ntpt release

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I have a v2 zf bubba watson. Thinking of selling it for dirt cheap, so i can get this one. I wonder if the quality of the clasp and the case on a bbr is as good as zf

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
I have a v2 zf bubba watson. Thinking of selling it for dirt cheap, so i can get this one. I wonder if the quality of the clasp and the case on a bbr is as good as zf

I have the new bbr clasp, it is improved in design but not the “click”

I found another clasp that is 1:1 from VSV Factory but it is almost 300$ , well worth it though considering Gen clasps are 5k +

Reactions: krkqm2008

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Would the zf clasp work on the bbr RM?
If it does , i will change it out and sell the zf with bbr clasp for even cheaper

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Would the zf clasp work on the bbr RM?
If it does , i will change it out and sell the zf with bbr clasp for even cheaper
It does. I swapped over a ZF clasp on my BBRv2 and worked a treat!

Reactions: krkqm2008

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23

I found another clasp that is 1:1 from VSV Factory but it is almost 300$ , well worth it though considering Gen clasps are 5k +
Is it the clasp that comes with the new BBR v3?

SammyTheBull23

Horology Curious
19/2/24
USA

Where can I get the VSV Clasp from? pls Let me know