• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
i really want to understand what you are talking about.

Please explain to me?
6T28 and 6T15 are the model names for two different Miyota movements in the same series. The 6T28 is an "open-heart" which has cutouts over the balance wheel and escapement to show movement without being a full skeleton. That's the pictured movement. Its non open-heart brother is called the 6T15, and it's used in two other reps from ZF factory, the carbon RM55s and the latest release RM35 (known as v4).

It looks like the wheels in the movement are in roughly the right places to be used in the BBR modification. Because (very generally) you can move around the positions of the wheels a bit as long as their centers are the same distance apart, it wouldn't take that much to move them slightly to account for the difference we see between the stock 6T28 and the BBR modification of it.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Anywhere I can get different colored straps for cheap for this RM055 aside from aliexpress?

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
No where. You can get custom ones and that's it. I tried a few different ones and they all went in the trash
that's a real bummer... you bought them off aliexpress or so and the connection to the case are terrible?

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
If someone has a stock BBR 055 black rubber bracelet for sale, hit me up.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Tried Ebay , DHGate and a few members sent some to try out. You can source on from a TD and let them know which maker you have. But you will strike out any other way. Personally I go with what @SMP_lover offers
I’ll check him out.

I also sent a message to this guy just to check if he actually made his silicone straps in usa. Even though I suspect it’s from China looking at the rep clasps that are actually branded.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I am the second person on this thread to have a broken stem. Mine is V1. And I sent back to china for repair or replacement. Seems like a delicate stem. I am very gentle and carefully with these reps and when the stem came out I was surprised.

davidc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/22
yea im still on the fence on this even the newer model BBR because they seem to be very unreliable more than a few people on here with issues.

Mm..mm

Known Member
6/9/11
CONUS
yea im still on the fence on this even the newer model BBR because they seem to be very unreliable more than a few people on here with issues.
Same. Once the reliability is fixed, I will be a taker

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Is there a way to clean the white rubber strap from gunk and dirt? Mine is starting to show some brown.

And what’s the screw driver I need to but again to take the straps off?

Reactions: Stuvetjee

Prizon

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Is there a way to clean the white rubber strap from gunk and dirt? Mine is starting to show some brown.

mr clean magic eraser works well

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
You know how BBR RM055 second hands skip a beat or 2 sometimes?

I noticed that it only does this from 12-6 if you hold the watch upright.
If you lay it flat it doesn't do that.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

I have always cleaned my RM 55 with hand sanitizer on to a toothbrush. Scrub it lightly and any marks vanish. Don't want to use any liquid because these are far from water resistant

Reactions: Cheesegrater

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I have always cleaned my RM 55 with hand sanitizer on to a toothbrush. Scrub it lightly and any marks vanish. Don't want to use any liquid because these are far from water resistant
That’s good to know. So don’t use dawn soap ?
Just those clear hand sanitizer eh